Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I would like to know if I can tell if some one has had a small stroke? Is there some thing to look for?

What happens if you take 15,000 mg of metoprolol succinate (beta blocker)?
these tablets are called betaloc CR. what happens if you take 150 of them? is it enough to make your heart stop to die? or is there a possibility that you might end in a coma or have a stroke or even ...

How do you get a heart attack?

I have to have a cardiac cath-need to know what vessals may be blocked, what is lad, i need information fast?

ECG and blood pressure tests ?
Is it safe to have an ECG (electrocardiogram) and a blood pressure test on one day and then have the same done again the day after ?...

My wife B.p level went to 200/120......& after 18 days it's 150/100...why & when the level will come to normal

What causes pulmonary heart disease? Does it run in families?

Additional Details
My sister died in Jan and the cause of death has been determined "pulmonary heart disease"....

Im 22, was I having signs of a heart attack?
Im quite young, but recently I felt stabs of pain in my chest that went all the way down to my wrist, which started throbbing and then I felt like throwing up, dizy and a little numb. My mom has ...

If I get a implantable heart defibrillator will I still be able to drive ?

Additional Details
not the same as a pace maker....

Cholesterol.?
my mom is 46 years old.. The following is the lipid profile::
total cholesterol:229 mg/dl
triglycerides:150 mg/dl
H.D.L :40 mg/dl
L.D.L: 159 mg/dl
V.L.D.L : 30 mg/dl

Sometimes my blood preasure is normal and then the next time it is high [120/60] then [140/90]?
How should I treat this. Should I be concerned?...

Where can i get hospital medical records for my son ?
my son was in an accident in 2002 and has had several surgerys since and i would like a copy of his records....

Bllod clot in the back of the heart of a 20 year old?
My cousin had been having severe pains she went to the ER and they told her that it was her appenditics and would have to have surgery. When the surgeon open her up, there was nothing wrong with her ...

Mom had a heart attack and other atery is 65% blockage is she gonna be ok?
I'm worried for my mom what are the chances of her having another heart attack,. she is taking plavix now. i'm ...

Why is it that my heart starts pounding about 15 to 30 minutes after I eat a meal?
I'm 30 years old, 5'9" tall, 160 lbs., basically healthy, blood pressure has always been normal. Any idea why this happens? It occurs frequently....

I used to smoke weed everyday, all day. Then one day, I would smoke and my heart would just start beating?
really fast. I would be fine one second then my heart would feel like it was doing overtime. It's not panic attacks because I'm not shaking or trembling, I'm perfectly calm, but my ...

How old are you, what do you weigh and what is your resting heart rate? and blood pressure if you know it?

Im having internal problems???
I am having trouble in my lungs and heart area. It hurts to breath in. It gives me sharp pains right were my heart is. It is hurting right now and sometimes it feels like something is pressing ...

Does eating pizza 10 h before having a cholesterol test increase the levels of bad cholesterol?

Sudden rapid pulse and starting shaking. What's going on?

sissy
What's the life expectancy of someone with 20% heart function?

L_H Qutub(Retired)
Rating
You mean to say that your EF is 20? well it carries a poor prognosis. No doctor on earth can tell you how much more long you are going to live.
LIVE TWICE, LET EVERY MOMENT BE MEMORABLE ONE, MAY BE THE DISEASE CAN REGRESS! miracles do occur may be you are the chosen one.

X
i dont know

Susan B
Rating
Well, there isn't a clear answer for this. My mom had a heart issue last year where her heart function was down to 20%. She was told if it dropped to 18% they would put her on the heart transplant list. With 20% heart function, the individual is at significant risk for imminent heart attack which would lead to death because the heart doesn't have the strenght to bounce back. My mom went on corrigan which significantly helped. By the way, normal heart function is around 50-55%, so going down to 20% can happen more quickly than you imagine. If this individual is seeing a cardiologist they should have some possible solutions. Best of luck to you.

Robo
Rating
around 60 years?

Joseph H
6 months up to 5 years but also other organ or disease play a vital factor. 20% is considered terminal.

Le MAURICIEN
With an EJECTION FRACTION of 20 % one normally becomes bedridden and it is impossible to talk of a life expectancy .

Around that figure and lower, and taking the age into consideration, a heart assist device( artificial heart) may be indicated pending the availability of a donor's heart for transplantation.

But if the causative disease is amenable to medication or surgery then the prognosis may improve.

Good Luck

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy