Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Echocardiagram?
What all does an echocardiogram detect?...

Why does my aliens heart stop beating when i,ve done all i should?

Heart attacks?
my grandpa had a heart attack. so now im takin care of him. if he has another one how likely is he to survive?? and how long do the paramedics have to get to my house to save him???...

Can conjestive heart failure cause a heart murmur?

I just found out that I have a leaking heart valve. Please explain to me what that is and how it can affect me

Why does my doctor think that my constant irregular heartbeat and slight mitral valve leak need no treatment?
Four weeks ago I had a tachycardia brought on by being awake for about 48hrs and drinking soda/energy drinks all day and taking a couple vivarin. My heart was beating quickly and I thought I was ...

I am having chest pain and have already taken test. Does anyone know what it might be?
Hello. One day I was standing in line at a restauraunt and became light headed and disoriented. My heart started beating really fast and I thought I was going to pass out. I went to the hospital and ...

Which vitamins and supplements are good for people who has high cholesterol and heart problems in the family?
Both my father and my uncle has had heart attacks and my uncle has also had a stroke.
I already try and follow a healthy balanced diet, and now I would like to know what vitamin supplements ...

Unlucky, heart attack and meningitis in one day........?
This morning my father in law was rushed to hospital with a heart attack. Now its 2:45 am and the phone rings, our nephew has been admited with meningitis. Could the day get any worse. Anyone had ...

For the past 5 hours I have felt a hard, erratic pumping on the side of my body. (above my right kidney)?
It is not on my stomach, but on the side of my trunk just under the ribcage. It comes and goes every minute or so. This just started today. Has anyone else experienced this, or do you know why this ...

I need as much info on brain hemorrhages, A.S.A.P.?
my mom has been in the hospitol since mon. 1/8/07. They are trying to find out what caused it. her brain is still bleeding.i don"t really understand why they haven"t done surgery. they say ...

Paramedics actions?
is there a point, when an erratic or weak heartbeat is found, that a parametic,should not try & revive, or transport the patient. and should he make the call without talking to a doctor?...

My 28 yr old son's heart beats about 3 times and then woosh?
He has the weirdest heart beat I ever heard, it beats about 3 times and then sounds like woosh instead of beat or like it skips. It can beat really really slowly 3 times then woosh and it then speeds ...

What labs would be drawn to diagnose endocarditis? and why?

How do I know if my arteries are clogged. Like partially clogged but not enough to cause chest pain.?
I realise that I've been eating a lot of fatty food, and of course I've stopped, but I would like to know how much damage that has done to my arteries....

My blood pressure has been 147over98 and162over94 how bad is this?
i have a grouth and a tear on my left valve i also have congestive heart ...

Red face, finger tips, and heart failure?
my brother is 70, i have been noticing the color of his face and finger tips being bright red. I think he is getting worse with heart failure. I am not sure what his medical problem is because he ...

What is the treatment for hypertension?

Do you need to take your clothes off to do a treadmill test?
I know it sounds silly and sort of trivial but I was just wondering if you have to take your clothes off when doing a treadmill test to measure cadiac function. I don't like the sound of loads ...

What European country has the highest death rate from heart disease and among the highest levels of animal fat

AchievementRadio
Sugar acts like glass in your veins?
Hello,

I listened to Dr. Oz a heart surgeon say that sugar acts like broken glass in your veins, the body repairs it with plaque, the same plaque that clogs your heart on BlogTalkRadio.com (search for Dr. Oz or sugar).

Every white processed food, pasta, table salt has sugar just read the ingredients. As the saying goes from The Mango Man...The whiter the bread, the bigger the spread, the sooner your dead and leave melons alone or your stomach will moan.
60 years ago we didn't have the diseases we have today.

Bluejay
Rating
My guess is that this doctor is referring to diabetic patients (type 1 or 2) who don't have the means to decrease their blood sugar. You and I have insulin and receptors that act to take the sugar out of the blood and turn it into energy or store it. Diabetics lack one of these two characteristics (insulin or functioning receptors). Thus, there can be so much sugar in the blood that it is, in a SYMBOLIC meaning, like glass in your veins. And obviously, "glass" in your veins can do damage to the veins and arteris. You mentioned plaque. Plaque (athersclerosis) builds at a site in the vein where injury has happened. And yes, injury can happen from too high of a blood sugar. Hope this helps.

mooreed29
Yes. It acts just like broken glass. There's a connection between sugar and disease. I have found a link below.

jimapalooza
Actually we had a lot of the diseases that we have today, we just didn't know anything about them. How many times 60 years ago would a person dyin in thier 70's have cuase of death listed as old age, instead of heart disease, dimentia, Anyerism? etc...

andrewbentley2001
I'm not sure what he meant. Sugar isn't floating through your veins in little sugar granules, though, which is what your description amkes it sound like he meant. It's dissolved when it's in the bloodstream, which means there are no granules, only molecules.

We did have almost all the diseases we have now 60 years ago, but some of them are more prevalent because of lifestyle changes.

doc_holliday1863
Rating
The guy sounds like a crack pot

She It I do
There are two kinds of sugar that both break down into carbohydrates
Simple which is all kinds of candy and sugar treats
These are the ones that make you nervous and can not sleep at night.

And complex which is pasta an and wheat based foods
These are the good ones the kind that stick with you a long time.

The kind he is speaking of is the simple carbs sugar the kind that is candy

the complex kind we need to stay alive on if our body can not get complex carbs it will break down fats in the body to get the fuel it needs to stay alive.
- - -
That is why they have diets that do not allow any carbohydrates so our body breaks down the fat to make some to use.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, November 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy