Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What do i do if my blood pressure is 170/100 ?

What is the medical term for Low Blood Pressure?

What can I do for High Blood Pressure?
Apparently, my blood pressure is 170 over 90. or something. I don't know what that means, but the doctor seems concerned. What can I do to help this?

I am a 25 year old female, if ...

Can crying too much lead to heart disease?
can crying too much harm your health? i've been crying like 2-4 times a week for months now, you know feeling lonely and i'm just emotional
Additional Details
or is crying good ...

What drugs show up in the drugs test?

What instrument is used to measure blood pressure?

Why dont eskimos get heart disease?
what is it in their diets that stops them from getting it? i thought it was fish.... is it?...

Im 15 and my blood pressure 138/63. im worried!?
im not what you would call obese but im slightly overweight. i have a very strange diet that in some places is very healthy and some is very unhealthy. i drink about 1 litre of orange juice a day and ...

I just got told by doctor my heart is very weak so do i give up?
i just turned 50 and i was told my heart is very weak and i need to have a angiagram test and that scares me to death! Is it normal to be so afraid of dying at my age?...

High blood pressure is hypertension, but what's a high pulse called?
I have a weak heart from anthracycline therapy. I see my cardiologist at least once a year and check my blood pressure daily. my blood pressure is normal, but my pulse is usually between 80 and 130 ...

What's the safest maintenance med for a husband who has hi BP but doesn't want to see a doctor?
...and we can't really convince him to go to the doctor. I know that he reaaly needs to take maintenance medicine for the heart since he's exposed to daily stress and lack of sleep. His ...

When you suffer from high blood pressure should you refrain from drinking beer?
I suffer from high blood pressure and my wife thinks i should stop drinking beer, i drink about 18 cans per week.
Additional Details
i did say 18 cans per WEEK not per DAY!...

I gave up smoking 10 wks ago now have high blood pressure?
I had low blood pressure - around 120 top - before I started to quit. I am stressed from giving up smoking but I didn't realise it would mean my blood pressure would go up to borderline ...

If you needed a heart transplant ?
and were told by the doctors that it was nearly compatible to your own heart but it might be rejected would you accept it anyway if you knew with out taking it you would die?...

Why does my cardiologist want me to take a baby asprin everyday?
i have cardiomyopathy and congestive heart faliure.i was at his office the other day and he told me that i needed to take a baby asprin a day but why ?...

At times, for no apart reason, my heart beats super fast. It usually happens when I am relaxed. Should I worry

Additional Details
I'm 42 years old and was diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse when I was 20. Because of my MVP I've always had to deal with skipped beats and regurgatation. ...

Is it my heart?
Hi I am 38years old and have been on high blood pressure tablets for nearly 3 months but as yet they have failed to lower my blood pressure. i am only on 25mg a day. Something happend tonight that ...

Women appear to be less likely than men to have heart attacks. What explains this?

Any remedies for a broken heart?

What should I do about my heart mummer?
I have had a heart mummber since I was a baby. I was a premautre baby. Mines wasn't that bad compare to my twin sister's heart mumber she had to get surgery on her heart. I been having ...

tom
Is total cholestrol 233 highly dangerous?

Vate
Rating
It is on the higher side. start taking Rudved to reduce your cholestrol.

Doc8
Rating
It is high, but a good diet and exercise regime might lower it. If the bad cholesterol is the highest, that is worse than if the LDH is high.

dr.habeeb
No. not very dangerous. but keep on controlling it. it will be better for heart life and functioning. avoid fatty and oily food. better to take a morning walk daily.
Dr,Habeebuddin
MD(Gen.Med)

spiritual healer
Rating
One should eat lots of garlic(atleat 2 whole pods) and onion ( atleast 500 gms) every week cooked with other food and positive results can be experienced in two to three months.

dhumia
Not at all my dear, you are unnecessarily worried. Just relax & start going for morning walk.

kuruvi
Rating
It is not highly dangerous. But it is better to reduce it. The best way is to reduce the intake of food which has high cholesterol. Also start morning walks. Ayurveda also has remedies which are effective and without side effects.

I am sure it can be controlled without allopathic drugs which definitely have side effects.

hamaa832
Rating
not much higher. but you can take atorvastatin available in the market by the name tonact once daily . cut extra calories. repeat lipid profile after 3 month.

Twitch
The ratio of HDL (good cholesterol) to LDL (bad cholesterol) is more important than total cholesterol (that figure also includes triglycerides).
If your total is 233, but you also have very high HDL, you are probably fine. every adult should strive to have an HDL of 60 or higher---the higher, the better. My total is 202, but my HDL is 90, so in terms of heart and vascular health, it's quite a good number.

NQS
Rating
Not at all.But, it is deviating from the maximum permissible level of 200 mg/dl.Therefore, you have to take some exercise and modifications in diet and life style to bring down the total cholestrol.

Syed A
Rating
No! but it is at the higher side and will have to control your fat consumption and exercise.

wwwww
Artichoke, lemon, garlic....herbs for high cholesterol...

leo
Rating
i would not say so. as far as i am concerned we (germany) do not do anything before the level does not go beyond 250. like always: this varies from person to person, so you might be fine with that, and you might not be. if you want to know more, go and talk to a cardiologist. he can find out if you have any coronary heart desease that should be treatet. most of the time it helps to just follow a simple diet to bring the level down.
if you are concerened, get all the details checked with a doctor, and ask all the questions you have!
good luck to you!

Mountain Bear
Yes, and you need to bring it down soon. Make sure to have a doctor check it if you did this at a screening, take in the results the screening place gave you.

I had used Cholesterol drugs for five years, ate only what they said I should and my cholesterol remained high. I'm not saying this is what you should do, you need to do research and decide for yourself. But, I read that crushed flax seed or flax seed oil could bring it down. I had my Cholesterol tested agian, it was 243 and my triglicerides were high and my good Cholesterol too low. I ate 1 tablespoon full of crushed Flax seed for one month, each morning. Had my Cholesterol checked agian after one month and for the first time my cholesterol had dropped 40 points. My good Cholesterol was up a litle, not as much as needed, but up and my Triglycerides were down.

If you try this, eat only a little if you have food allergies, until you know if you are allergic or not. Health food stores sell this in bulk and you can use a coffee grinder to crush it or just chew it really well. It also has Omega-3 which is good for the heart, nerves and brain. I tried the Flax Pills, they didn't work half as well.

GOOD LUCK and get that cholesterol down soon.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy