Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What do palpitations feel like?
Sometime I feel like I'm having them, but I want to make sure I'm not mistaking it for something else.

Thanks....

Fundraising ideas for sick baby?
what are some good fundraising ideas. a friend of mine has a 5 month old son in need of a heart ...

My bp is 111 over 74 and my resting heart rate is 87. im 20 and fairly fit should i be worried?

Please help?
my mother was admitted to hospital after complaining severe chest pain due to high blood pressure. ambulance was called and they took her away. i stayed home, because i can't bear to see my ...

Are there any cardiac surgeons in USA?
if yes (Cool)

and i need to ask you a lot of ...

Children's hospital recommendation for open heart surgery?
A friend's son 3.5 years old - has been diagnosed with a rare heart disease. He will need to have an open heart surgery fairly soon, most likely within the next 2 weeks. Since this type of ...

What causes the Heart to keep beating, and eventually to stop?

Can you have a heart attack and not know it?
If you can, what can I look for to see if my dad is having one and not knowing it?...

Help me please?
i have been having like sharp stabbing chest pains alot. and it stings also. i had and xray and a ct scan done on my heart. my heart beat is normal. my pains hurt mainly at nite and when i wake up in ...

Extra/skipped heartbeats?
from 17 to 21 i have drank heavily, almost everyday, about 4 months ago i stopped drinking i get these funny heart beats like skipped or extra beats, i have had a ecg and heart scan, blood tests and ...

If u got told u av 3 weeks left to live what would u do?

Blood pressure?
is 203/98 blood pressure high or low...good or bad?
pulse 74...

High Blood Pressure...?
Im 23, and have high blood pressure (160/110 ish). I dont smoke (anymore, quit 1 year ago), dont drink more than 8 pints a week, dont do drugs, low cholestrol, not overweight (im 6'3" and ...

Chest pains and high blood pressure?
I have had high blood pressure in the past and have been on medicaton for it but now am not as it has been ok for a yr or so.
I keep getting sharp pains in my chest, next to my breast. sometimes ...

Hi! i need to find out about heart disease for my A-Level biology, does anyone know any causes of it?
also if you know of any good websites on cardiovascular (heart) diseases could you please let me know? thanks for your help!...

Anyone who knows FIRSTHAND about CHF & leg edema please reply(MD's preferred but all welcome)?
Every few days, my leg turns red, swollen, itchy,
& outerskin turns patchy white, Skin flakes off, then blisters form, ontaining water which soon breaks, water oozes down my leg, blisters ...

Is this a heart or a back problem?
Every few days, I get this... "spiralling" numb pain on the left side of my back, just around my shoulder blade. It feels like someone is taking their hand and digging their fingernails ...

Is it just a muscle spasm or a sore muscle near my heart?
I've had pain on my heart and the lower area near the heart, it hurts and did not subside until one and a half hours. When I breathe deeply, it hurts....

Chest pain, pain in right arm, tingling in left hand when i sleep, anybody had similar symptoms?
Hi, i hope somebody can help me, I am a 24 year old male who suffers from central and left sided chest pain on almost a daily basis, the left sided pain is a stabbing pain and the central pain is a ...

Has anyone got one of those home blood pressure monitors?
and if so what make is it and do you think they are worth getting?...

Nicole J
Is it healthy to have a resting heart rate of 96 bpm?
I am a 23 year old male and am in good shape. 6'1 200lbs.

you rang
That is a little fast but your blood pressure is what really tells the whole story. High blood pressure is what leads to more deaths in this country it causes heart attacks strokes and a whole bunch of other conditions.

Chris R
Rating
Normal resting - awake and alert is 72.

NB There are always exceptions.

If you have had your pulse rate measured at previous medical visits and they have not said anything then I doubt it is normal for you. Seek medical attention asap.

Maryn Bittner
That's pretty fast. "Normal" is 72 or so.

Naturally, healthy people have large variations from normal, so it doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with out.

Be sure you take it when you're really resting--and not within several hours of exercise or caffeine consumption. Try taking it when you wake up naturally (on a weekend with no alarm clock) before you get out of bed.

If you've had a physical in the last year or so, I wouldn't worry about it.

Wendy C
A normal resting heart rate is 60 to 100 beats per minute. You should keep a check on it. But the lower your resting heart rate the better, the ideal heart rate is around 70-80 bpm. The higher your heart rate the more your heart has to work. If you start having other symptoms along with this and your heart rate continues to increase, see your physician. My heart rate normally runs about 96-100 at rest, sometimes a little over 100. It is the "normal" for me but it comes from other health conditions I have. Check your blood pressure also. The following can make your heart rate increase also:

Too much caffeine, anemia, decongestants, fever, heart disease, an overactive thyroid, medications used to treat asthma, stimulants such as amephetamines, diet pills smoking, stress, too much salt intake.

Click this link if you would like to see more info:
http://www.webmd.com/heart-disease/Pulse-Measurement?page=3

mikefromspace
Rating
No. And you're not in good shape if that's the case. You have a weak elongated heart. It's best you go to gnc and get some amino fuel right away, eat lost of fish and potatoes and run your self do death.. well actually don't move to fast. if you die it's not my fault! 60 pm is healthy, 70 to 80 is considered normal, but if you want to live well I'd try to keep it under 70 atleast.

2Beauty
It is in the high range. It should be between 60 and 80 bpm.

GetDark
Did somebody on here just suggest by a simple BPM reading that this guy has an elongated heart and needs amino fuel?
Jesus.
There are MANY factors that contribute to a high heart rate and 96 is NOT abnormal. As many others pointed out, 72 BMP is considered 'normal' (average) at rest, generally taken upon waking.
There are people with atrial fibrillation who live perfectly healthy, long lives with BPMs of 200+ and up EVEN AT REST. Your heart does not ' tire out' from a fast heart rate. It's true that those who are in good cardiac shape hover around 60 per minute or so, but 'healthy' people die everday of random cardiac events also. They are not immune to heart problems.
Don't worry about it. Have your blood pressure checked and watch your cholesterol, watch for real cardiac symptoms (shortness of breath, chest pain, ankle swelling) and don't focus on your heart beat. The anxiety involved in worrying about it alone will up your pulse, guaranteed.

Kevin L
Your resting rate should be a lot lower then that.

It should be more like 60 at rest. A resting heart rate of 96bpm is actually quite bad. It means your heart has to work much harder when you aren't doing anything then it should.

Ruth
Your resting heart rate should be checked as you awaken in the morning,unless of course, you've had a poor night's or bad dreams, because this will stimulate your heart to beat faster. A normal resting heart rate is usually 60-72 beat per minute (bpm). When are you checking it?? A heart beat at 100 is considered "tachycardic " or too high!! I am an exercise fanatic and my resting bbp is 52-60. How is your blood pressure? Is there a family history of HTN ( hypertension/high blood pressure) ?? What about your dietary intake??Do you eat healthy?? Do you use too much salt??? When was your last Physical Exam??? I would recommend that you contact your doc, just to be on the safe side. I hope that this helps!

Darkkrystel
Sure normal heart rates very and may even get up to 100. I know if you start to have a heart rate over 100 resting then you'd need to be concerned. I know this because I have hyperthyroidisim and my heart rate is generally never below about 115.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy