Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Somethings not right?
One night a couple months ago i was lying in bed about to sleep and then my body went numb and tingley and i started to breathe really heavily, i felt like i was out of breath and that i was going to ...

I had two heart attacks a couple of years ago and am on medication for the rest of my life.?
I am currently experiencing problems with dreadful pain in my lower legs which doesnt abate with rest, swelling of my hands and feet, sometimes severe difficulty swallowing. I have had two previous DV...

Chest palpations?
Sometimes I will be sitting at home just chilling and my heart will flutter like it's beating really fast... i can almost feel my aotra pounding.. what can this be a sign of?? I know i have a ...

Heart pics???With parts please???
I need it with these parts and others:
*Septum
*Pulmonary Vein
*Pulmonary Artery
*Aorta
*Right Atrium Valve
*Left Atrium Valve
*Surperior Vena Cava
*Inferior V...

If my mom has had episodes of heart problems and heart started racing should she go to the hospital?
should she go and get checked?
both my parents dont want to call 911
and i dont know what to do....

What is the only valve on th heart with two cusps?

Additional Details
give me the name !i know what is bi cuspid!!!!!...

What are the side effects of Lisinopril?

I have some electric shock in my left arm ocassionally. Is this a nerve problem or a heart problem?
This happens sometimes after two years and some times after five years. I had an accident 25 years ago. When I came out of the car I felt a sharp pain in my left arm as if the arm was broken. H...

Info on supra ventricular tacki cardia?

Recurrent Chest Sensation/Pain?
I'm a 23 year old male, non smoker, fit and active, never used drugs and i have the occasioanal drink.

Since January of this year i've had chest pain that has come and gone. The ...

I woke up about 10 mornings ago and my thumb and the fist two didgets were numb....i thought it was the way i?
it was like they were asleep.....but now 14 days later i still can't fell them.........

My cholestrol screening level is 122. is that bad?

Does caffeine cause high blood pressure?

What should I do if I have shortness of breath (slightly) and intermittent rapid hear beat?
I am 47 and 45 lbs over weight.....good cholestrol, no high blood pressure....

Heart attack..?
My dad had a heart attack in October, and continues to smoke and drink.. What will happen?...

What causes heartburn? I heard it may be a symptom of a heart attack?

Can having a pacemaker be classed as having a disability?

What do you do if you have low bp?
what do you do if you have low bp? I have 50 and im 40 years old female?...

For Doctors of Nurses or health professionals--if someone takes like 10 25mg atenolol pill what would the?
consequence be??????? I have a friend who says he will do this....

Cholesterol test?
I had a blood test to check my cholestrol levels last week and have just had a call from the doctors receptionist saying that the doctor would like to take some more bloods as the levels were a ...

mzvtul
Is congestive heart failure always fatal, and if so, what is the life expectancy of someone who has it?

skincancerdoctor
Rating
depends on the degree of heart failure; if mild and treated early the life expectancy can be essentailly normal with proper medical care. 20 to 30 years after dignosis is not uncommon

bhc32219
Rating
No it's not fatal until the last stages of it.

littlesister121
Rating
No its not always fatal, a friend of the family had it and he had to be in the hospital for a while, but he is fine now. I don't know what the life expectance is for someone who has it but the guy i know who got it is only in his late 40's, and the doctors didn't give him a time limit or n e thing.

Harmony
Congestive heart failure is generally a progressive disease with periods of stability punctuated by episodic clinical exacerbations. The course of the disease in any given patient, however, is extremely variable. Factors involved in determining the long term outlook (prognosis) for a given patient include the nature of the underlying heart disease, the response to medications, the degree to which other organ systems are involved and the severity of other accompanying conditions, the patient's symptoms and degree of impairment, and other factors that remain poorly understood. With the availability of newer drugs to potentially favorably affect the progression of disease, the prognosis in congestive heart failure is generally more favorable than that observed just 10 years ago. In some cases, especially when the heart muscle dysfunction has recently developed, a significant spontaneous improvement is not uncommonly observed, even to the point where heart function becomes normal.

An important issue in congestive heart failure is the risk of heart rhythm disturbances (arrhythmias). Of those deaths that occur in patients with congestive heart failure, approximately 50% are related to progressive heart failure. Importantly, the other half are thought to be related to serious arrhythmias. A major recent advance has been the finding that nonsurgical placement of automatic implantable cardioverter/defibrillators (AICD) in patients with severe congestive heart failure (defined by an ejection fraction below 30–35%) can significantly improve survival, and has become the standard of care in most such patients.

The Un-Cola
No it isn't. People can live a very long time with proper medical supervision and medication.

How long you live will depend on the cause and severity of your CHF.

Mark M
Rating
15 or 20 years ago, a CHF diagnosis was almost tantamount to a death sentence. But times have changed! Diagnostics are getting better at catching problems earlier. Medications are getting better at relieving the strain on the heart, to allow it to near-normal function in many cases, and many new treatments and devices are also springing up (bi-ventricular pacemakers, imbedded defib devices, left ventricular assist devices, etc.) Heart transplants are even becoming more common, more safe, and easier to obtain, if all else fails.

So no, not only isn't it always fatal. I don't think you could say that it is even eventually fatal in a majority of all cases. It does kind of stink though. It's a chronic condition and requires a lot of care and some limits on one's lifestyle.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy