Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Would polarising drinking water help high blood presser and reduce cholesterol?

I'm 29 years old and about 5'4 and 95lbs. My blood pressure keeps getting low what does that mean?

Can anyone help?
Hi I had an angio Friday for what they thought was unstable angina to discover why I had the problem. The angio was fine I have nothing wrong with my heart at all thank goodness.I have stopped all my ...

Im 15 year old boy, ok sometimes my heart goes really fast and starts hurting but then it stops and doesnt?
hurt anymore ive just began to worry what it is about it just hurts out of no where so does my ...

Hey guys i am 43 and only weeks away from a aortic valve replacement plus anneurism surgery. any suggestions?

Serious ? re: blood pressure reading: 152/93 pulse: 87?
I am a 55 y/o female taking BenicarHCT40 mg daily; last dosage 6pm tonight (2 hrs ago) is this reading too high?...

Is it correct or normal to be poor always?is it normal to be a failure?

Low blood pressure?
how can one cure it? I hear that salt is good to keep it a little bit higher......

Hi there.My bood pressure is 105/70 and my pulse is 54/min?
Im worried a bit for my pulse.Do u think is abit low?Im 33 year old male.Do i have to visit a doctor?
Thank you
Additional Details
My friends i don't know how to thank you for ...

If my heart skips a beat some times will i die if i take ecstacy?
i want to doit but i dont want to ...

Do I need to take medication if my blood presure is average 125/90 ?

How can i convince my mom to have surgery done on her clogged arteries in her neck?
she has had this done once before on the other side of her neck. she refuses to have another surgery done. i am trying to get her to get it done. please let her know how important it is for her to ...

Wut does a smokers heart look like?
a picture of a smokers heart compared to a normal ...

Im concerned about haveing heart diesese because i started smokeing real early but i have no insurance and the
doctors in the emegency room look at me and do nothing i have harsh chest pains on a regular basis because of a heart murmer my grand pa died of heart disease at 60 and im only 20 my chest should not ...

What are some risk factors for someone that smokes??

Can some1 that just had a stroke have a 2nd one while in Hospital?
If yes, how does that happen isnt the patient being monitored?Please advise....

My husband says that he felt his heart beat in his finger tips. Does he have some sort of medical probem?

How worried should I be?
I was diagnosed with atrial flutter atrial fibrulation and atrial tachycardia. My heart switches between the 3 continuously. My doc says I'm high risk for a heart attack and she thinks I ...

I go for a heart catheterization and possibly angioplasty next Tuesday.?
Has anyone ever had this procedure done? I'm terrified and would like to find someone that can assure me I have nothing to worry about!!!...

My heart beats really fast from time to time, then slows down..could it be....?
arrythmia? I read about it,and now I'm scared and paranoid. I do drink caffeine, about 1 cup of coffee a day, and 2 cups of black tea. I don't drink it 4 horus before bed though, but my ...

Savannah
Is a heart-rate of 56 beats per minute bad?
My school nurse took my heart-rate because I have been feeling sick lately and was surprised that it was only 56 beats per minute. She said I'm either really sick or really fit.

I was a distance runner and worked out A LOT so could this be the cause of the low heart rate? But then again--should it be that low?

The Last Scion
Rating
It means that your heart is functioning at an optimal rate. You're fit and healthy. Remember that she's a SCHOOL nurse.

etk79
Typically runners, and other athletes do have a lower heart rate than others. "normal" is 60-100 so 56 really isn't that low.

lynne f
Rating
My friend is a professional dancer. Her baseline is 46-50 beats per minute. The better shape you are in, the more efficient your heart is.

Terry S
I wish my heart rate was a lot closer to yours than the 80-90 bpm I have. You are probably in pretty good shape. I wouldn't worry. If you are that sick you would feel it and be going to the doctor. Any sickness will pass and your HR will return to "normal".

Here are the expected "normal" values for a resting heart rate.

For resting heart rate:

newborn infants; 100 to 160 beats per minute
children 1 to 10 years; 70 to 120 beats per minute
children over 10 and adults (including seniors); 60 to 100 beats per minute
well-trained athletes; 40 to 60 beats per minute

These values come from MedlinePlus. Here is the link:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003399.htm

Sincerely,
Terry

Behaviorist
If you are in super good health from your running history that could result in a low heart rate- that is probably a good thing.

Illness can affect your heart rate, too, so if you have a virus or something like that the heart rate will probably stablize as you get past it.

cerlandsen11
If your athletic, it is normal to have a low heart rate. Make sure that you dont have any other symptoms though.

Wendy C
Don't worry, if you were a long distance runner and work out a lot, a lower heart rate is very normal. A normal heart rate for well conditioned athletes or people who work out all the time and run, etc. is 40-60. The more you exercise or the better shape you are in the more efficient your heart works.

Babies to age 1:
100–160
Children ages 1 to 10:
60–140
Children older 11 to 17:
60–100
Adults:
60–100
Well-conditioned athletes:
40–60

The above data was taken from webmd.com and personal experience.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy