Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

"tissue damage after heart attack"?

I had a double heart bypass three years ago.?
What are the odds on my needing another one if I continue smoking. I need a correct answer not just a guess....

What will happen at theend of the world.?
NO REALLY GUESS , WHAT HAPPENDS AT THE END TO ALL PEOPLE< AND ALL THINGS , JUST GUESS , THINK OT OF THE BOX TO ....

My blood Pressure was 122 over 98 today when I went to the doctor. how do i lower it?
My doctor was shocked to see this and said it went way up. It usually is 120 over 78-80.

could stress cause it to go up? if not stress what could cause it to go up?

I'm ...

What is iachamic heart problem?

133 beats per minute....?
Would 133 beats per minute be bad or what?
I am 17 and average weight
my main concern is my doctor wants me back in a month,but my heart rate is still up pretty high.this is the 3rd day.

I have been having pressure in my ears when i get up and throbs like a heart beat it goes away with no pain.?
It doesnt happen every day but it has happened often and i was wondering if i could be a sign of high blood pressure though i have been told there realy are no signs for high blood pressure. Any help ...

What can be the causes of a High Resting Heart Rate?
I am a 22 year old female, slightly overweight. I am not that physically active, but I do work out a few times a week. My resting heart rate sits around 130 bpm, and when I am in pain( had an ear ...

My heart was acting wierd...?
Just aittle while ago I walked from my bathroom to my cousins room and out of nowhere my heart just started to race.It was like I just got done running or something.I could also fee it as if it were ...

Vegetarians and none-vegetarians; Who are better than the others health wise?

Accidental ingestion of Digoxin - help?
I accidentally ingested 1 tablet of digoxin 5mins thinking it was aspirin, they look the same and they were not in the package, it was just lying there next to a couple of aspirin tablets, so it ...

What's the role of prayers in the recovery of chronic ailments?
The patient is under regular treatment....

How can I lower my blood pressure naturally?

Has any one ever heard of Athlete's heart? I was told by a doctor I have it but offered no treatment or any a

My father is getting a pace maker attached to his heart?
What are ther risk? I am nervous and worried.
Additional Details
You all calmed me down. I am going to leave it up to you guys for the votes.
Thanks!!...

Mini heart attacks?
My grandma keeps having these "spells" that her doctor said could be "mini heart attacks". She gets chest, shoulder and arm pain, stomach upset, and often passes out. She ...

Having some issues with caffeine. When I drink coffee or energy drinks, i get very dizzy. Any ideas anyone?
It also makes my heart speed up at times. I drink regular soda all day long and it really does not affect me. Just with coffee and energy drinks. I am assuming they have more caffeine in them. I am ...

Any info appreciated?
been in hospital twice regarding s.v.t due to see consultant on thurday for test results and for him to tell me if i need an operation i know what s.v.t is but im a little worried ...anybody else ...

Interactive web site out there for stroke? I think I may have had one yesterday afternoon.?
I'm 52, healthy. Much history of this on my Mom's side of the family. She went to heaven June 1997 from complications of heart disease, strokes, and diabetes.
My little "episode&...

Can you have a stroke and know even know it? What are some symptoms of having a stroke?

statickema
Is a cholesterol level of 3.8 good or bad?

susie
Rating
thats good anything up to 5 is good if thats what yours is then your doing great

derekjkilner
Rating
how did you get 3.8 rare i would say norm is about 4,5 so yous is very healthy, just to let you all know you can get high cholesterol in your late 20s yes it can be a problem around 40 or 50,also there is good and bad cholesterol, its the bad one people forget about,so get checked, also being heavy doesnt mean its high ,you can be thin, body can build up the cholesterol on its own the bad one ,also fatty foods as you know build up aswell.

leonard24seven
very good is the simple answer ,but you should still be vigilant in your diet at all times .keep it up

w0rdpass
Rating
Good! Don't worry, anything less than 5 is considered healthy by the medical profession, certainly in the United Kingdom.

Edit: Just to clarify following comments in subsequent answers, Cholesterol is measured in mmol/L (moles per litre). An explanation of what a mole is can be found here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_%28unit%29

dodgegal83
Rating
LDL or HDL? I agree with ringocox, I have never heard it expressed that way, was always in mg.---- by the way, am from US and my cholesterol is excellent, so NYAH.

ringocox
Rating
I have never heard of a cholesterol in that level. Is this report from outside the US and in units other than mg%?? If it is in mg% I would start to worry throid for one thing.

SouthOckendon
Rating
3.8 is excellent (UK)

If you are between 40 and 50 year sof age (which is the only critical time for cholesterol) you should keep it below 4. Between those ages anything over 5 could indicate a greater risk of heart attack.

If you are under 30 it does not really matter unless you are also overweight and under-exercised.

if you are from US you are probably there already

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.124
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, April 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy