Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I have a hole in my heart?
i was born with a small hole in my heart someone has any information about what it can be i couldnt understand my doctors poor ...

How can I get medical care without an income or insurance? My B/P is stroke range.?

Blood Pressure?
Im 46 years old, and my blood pressure is 147/91, do I need to be concerned? what is the normal range before treatment?...

How can i lower my blood pressure?
Im perfectly healthy but i have slightly high blood pressure,played baseball growing up for 10 years wrestled in high school and college, got into alot of fights while growing up because i was a hot ...

I can feel my heart beating when im sitting down?
also i have a bump behind my ear and down a little if that helps

i have a fast ...

What are two risk factors that increase a persons chances of having a heart attack?

My blood pressure was 52/30, how dangerous was that?

Additional Details
I was working out yesterday, ran 3 miles in 35 minutes and when i got off, got dizzy, lost my vision for a little while, and my aunt, who is a nurse, took my BP and ...

What is to be done for a person having a blood pressure of 130/100? How dangerous is it?
If someone has found out recently that his blood pressure has risen to 130/100 in 6months from 130/90 and is increasing per year what needs to be done immediately?...

Heart rate percentages?

What can be the cause of heart enlargement and the curing probabilities?

Can an overdose of Coumadin and Lovenox kill a person?
My 79 year old grandmother went to the hospital with pneomonia and was dead within a week. First she was given an antibiotic for the pnemonia which thickened her blood. She was then given coumadin ...

GERD feels like I'm having a heart attack!! How do I know I'm not having a heart attack?
So, I've been to the Emergency Room 3 times in the past month because I thought I was having a heart attack. I wasn't having a heart attack at all, each time my heart looked great. My ...

How bad is my heart rate?
I'm 19 years old about 230 lb's I do work out like run about .5 to a full mile on the treadmill every day or other day usually going for my fat burning heart rate but I usually end up doing ...

Are we too attach to our cell phones? Today I almost had a heart attack because I thought I lost my phone.?
I found it in my car but the fact that my heart had drop to my stomach and stayed there even after I found it baffled me. My mom told me that we rely too much on our cell phones. Even at age 32 Im ...

Do I have high blood pressure?
Or is it prehypertension? I have taken my blood pressure twice a day for the past week. Here are the numbers:

140/95
143/120
131/92
148/89
156/88
136/82
137/...

What is the best way to heal a broken heart?
What is the best way to get over someone, a love, that you have for someone? You cant someone love you or care for you if they dont. This seems to all date back to around april 25th, I am 19 and ...

Is it bad that my blood pressure is 105/59?
I took my blood pressure an hour ago, and it was 114/68.
Now it's 105/59.
Should I be concerned?
I wasn't sleeping, and while I was sitting for that while, I was fairly ...

Why cant convicted felons receive organ transplants?
why is it that your social worth determines weather or not you can recieve any kind of organ transplant. Meaning if you have a felony conviction on your record, you do not have a right to live. so in ...

Would you accept a pig heart if it was the only way to keep you alive?
What problems can you see with animal organ transplants?
Thank you !...

I have high blood pressure and am taking a pill daily. Is it possible to stop taking that pill one day if...?
I am working out regularly and if I am eating healthy? Or do I have to take that pill for life?
If you have been through this, please tell me about it.
Thanks....

sftksss691
Is a 144/74 blood pressure normal?
i found out i had highblood pressure but confused on the levels to worry about it was 180/100 and then 140/96 now 144/74 do i watch the bottom numbers or the top numbers

Bael
It's just a tad above normal but not really enough to be considered significant. If you can keep your blood pressure in that range you should be fine. That said, if you know of any way to reduce your blood pressure, that would be a good thing, as an increase in blood pressure at this point would almost certainly be bad.

aarzooji a
Rating
its is not normal . drink Arjun tea regularly , www.planetayurveda.com

Nevada
thats to high mine was 14598 and put me on meds

DunSum Stoopid Tings
Rating
It is true that 120/80 is an ideal textbook blood pressure. You need to take into account your age, your weight, weather or not you smoke, have diabetes or have a history of hypertension in your family.
The number one cause of hypertension is Obesity. The top number is called systolic and indicates the pressure the blood exerts on the walls of the blood vessels during contraction of the heart. Your pressure is elevated in this phase indicating the blood vessels are either constricted or have lost their vascular tone. Obesity can cause the blood vessels to be compressed due to the extra weight. Carbon Monoxide causes blood vessels to constrict i.e.smoking. Caffiene & stimulants also cause an increase in blood pressure. Stress less. Stress causes an increase in BP. Your lower reading, the diastolic reading is fine. This represents the pressure in the blood vessels during the relaxation phase of the heart. Excercise is the best for high blood pressure. Follow a good diet. Go and see a doctor who may put you on anti-hypertensive treatment. BP is the silent killer so take it seriously. Good Luck!

He'elehdeni
the best is 120/80

There is no "ideal" blood pressure reading. However, there is a range of "normal" blood pressure reading. Generally, a reading that is less than 120 over 80 indicates that you don't need to worry. If either or both numbers are equal to or greater than 120 over 80 for an extended period of time, you have high blood pressure, or hypertension.

judith r
both numbers. the top number is when the heart is pumping blood through the arteries, and the bottom number iw when the heart is at rest, between beats. You've done good to get it down that low, but the top number needs to get even lower.

mrbean_101
Yes, it's a little too high. But easy enough to fix without drugs - all you need is a healthier lifestyle and diet. Try these on for size:

http://www.americanheart.org/downloadable/heart/110288218598521%20HowCanIReduce%20HBP.pdf
http://www.coolestebooks.com/products2.html

And see the good doctor before you start on the above programs.

doubled254
Rating
Well, yeah... it's a little high, but it's not dangerously high. Well, it sort of is-- but if your blood pressure is bouncing around like that, it's possible that you're just nervous while they're doing the reading. Both numbers are important to watch.

Dolly
Rating
Actually both, those numbers on top is dangerously high, anything over 140 is serious. I see you are bringing it down to a level considered safe. So keep up the good work, gota get it down to at least the level of 120 or lower for the top. Are you stressed? I guess you must be, too much on the mind and worries will do that. maybe you need to see a cardiologist. Mine was high for awhile and it went back down to normal. Seems I get nervous when I am in the office and the doc gets ready to take it, some of those nurses pump that thing around mu arm so darned toight that it will hurt and that raised it too! Make sure you are sitting down for awhile before they take your blood pressure or retake it before you leave the office. Good Luck to you.

kathyisleno
Rating
You need to watch both numbers. The top (systolic) indicates the pressure your heart has to overcome during contraction in order to push blood out to your body. The bottom (diastolic) is the resting pressure within your heart and vasculature between contractions. High systolic pressures put you at immediate risk for stroke and heart attack. High diastolic pressures put you at risk for developing problems with other body organs ie: kidney function, brain, liver, etc.) If your on meds, continue to take them, never just stop them. Work with your physician to lower your pressure slowly if you've had hypertension for a while. Your body learns to accomodate high pressures, and sudden drops can be detrimental. I've had patients whose bp's were lowered quickly and suffered strokes because their brain needed that elevated pressure to supply blood. Your blood pressure needs to be modified with caution. A classic BP of 120/70 may not be the blood pressure that works for you, and remember even when you have controlled readings with proper medication dosing you are always considered a "hypertensive" patient. Work also with your doctor to modify other risk factors such as weight, diet, life style. Obesity can elevate blood pressure significantly. Life styles full of stress can elevate blood pressure significantly. Diets high in cholesterol and fat can narrow your arteries and elevate blood pressure significantly. Change the things you can, modify those you can't (genetics is one). Make sure you have regular checkups with your physician, rule out any other etiology for your hypertension, and check your BP at home on a regular basis. Be involved in your health care. Don't just rely on a pill to take care of everything. Best of luck.

family54
no way

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy