Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How can a heart murmur be detected by a cardiologist using a electrocardiogram recording?

My baby girl has tetralogy of fallot, does anyone know of a non open heart procedure to correct the problem?
our doctors here in the philippines say that only way for her is an complete correction via open heart surgery. is there another way to correct the problem?...

What is a perferated artery?
it may be spelled perforated- but I'm not sure.
Additional Details
Also, do is it dangerous, like will it kill you, or what can you do for it to heal?...

Heart byepass surgery. Is it a money making mechine for hospitals?
Recently it is noticed that many super speciality hospitals doing only scanning and byepass heart sugery have come up in india. They charge between 3-6 lakhs per patient.

Anybody having ...

Has anyone ever gotten a high heart rate from wellbuterin or mirtazipine?
I read in my pharmacolagy book that it can cause high heart rate and irregular beats but when I told my doctor he dismissed it....

What are the possible causes, potential diseases and likely outcomes of having high blood pressure?
Mine is about 140/85.
I'm a 17 year old boy.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow. What is going to happen? What could be wrong with me? What's the WORST possible thing ...

When a person has heart surgery does their personality change?
How long does this change last till they are back to their normal self that you use to ...

If you were to get an ECG what would be the best number of leads to use?

Blood pressure medications?
Are there any blood pressure medications that increase blood pressure from the blood pressure being low and back to normal?
Additional Details
I am actually asking for advice for my ...

Help! i dont know why i have high blood pressure!?!?
I believe i had always had higher than normal blood pressure. But i cant figure out why. I am a healthy male, eat more than my fair share of greens, and exercise on a daily basis and yet, when i went ...

Chest Pain?
I am 20 yrs old and in college. I am 5'6" and weigh just under 150 lbs. I was an athlete all through high school and still have the same build i had in high school. to my knowledge i ...

Anyone have side affects from taking the heart medication Nicoradil?

My heart hurts when I breathe?
Well I think its my heart it could possibly be my lungs. It hurts when I breathe or lay down or when I do the tiniest physical things. I'm only 15. Oh and I have asthma too.
Additional D...

My grandmother is ill. Please help!! Doctors and Nurses very appreciated!!!!!?
My grandmother is 56 years old and not long ago was diagnosed with COngestive heart failure. Today around noon, she was saying she felt achy. She then decided to lay down and rest. She slept till 4:30...

Is there a relationship bet. hypertension or hypertension drugs and impotence?

Additional Details
My "friend" in question is taking Toprol XL and Benicar HCT...

I have a medical problem. My heart keeps doing like an extra?
more exagerated beat every now and then. I thought it was my thyroid but have been to doctors who did fasting blood test and says nothing is wrong. I didn't mention the heart beat problem as I ...

Can wooden slivers really travel to your heart if you don't get them out of you?

High Systolic pressure, normal diastolic pressure + tachycardia + looking very pale?
Hey,

I was at my doctors a few weeks back, and just got a copy of my notes yesterday.

Normal blood pressure (Was taken in the ER, so no white-coat hypertension was 120/80, ...

What do you do if you find out your grandson has high cholesterol at age 10

How many valves should a heart have.?
I have been told by a heart consultant that my 5 year old daughter has only 2 valves in her heart. The doctor says its not a problem as its common, Is this going to be a problem for her as she gets ...

Jubee
Is 136/80 too high for blood pressure?
I'm 24 y.o., 5'0", and 126 lbs. Should I be concerned with my blood pressure?

And if so, what action should I take to lower it?

starynight39
Rating
your top number is a little high. the bottom number is perfect actually.
Normal < 120 and < 80
Prehypertension 120-139 or 80-89
High Blood Pressure
Stage 1 Hypertension 140–159 or 90–99
Stage 2 Hypertension 160 or 100
so your systolic is 136 which is prehypertension. you shoudl talk to your doctor to see what he thinks.

♥Dutchess
lol-straight from my book it should be around 120/80

120 is when ur heart is contracting, while 80 is whe your heart is relaxing :D

versantly
take your blood pressure for 2 weeks and write down the results. schedule an appointment with your doctor to discuss the results.

sue dean
i'm not a doctor but i have high blood pressure and everyone has a different normal. 140/90 is considered high/normal. cut down on your salt and watch your fatty foods and get some exercise.

freakynurse
One elevated blood pressure is nothing to be alarmed over. Check you BP at the same time every day for a week. If it is consistently high then you will need to make some changes. Reduce your salt intake, reduce stress, exercise, dont smoke- if you do these you can lower it naturally. If it remains elevated call your DR

Mark M
Rating
As I told someone who asked a similar question a few days ago, I think it's great that you are checking your BP and concerned about controlling it, if necessary.

As others have said, BP constantly varies, so one high reading is not something to worry *too much* over. That said, I would suggest you ask your pharmacist to recommend an automated digital blood pressure cuff, so that you can take your BP when you are relaxed at home. (Get the kind of cuff that goes above the elbow, not the wrist.) They only cost about $50 and are well worth it, IMO. Sit in a chair with your feet on the floor and relax a few minutes before taking the reading. Morning is often best.

One of the easiest dietary factors to control is your sodium intake. You may find that if you simply watch your sodium by reading food labels and not adding salt to foods you will be able to reduce your BP. Eating fruits high in potassium may also reduce your BP (oranges, bananas, etc.)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy