Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What is gaut, medical condition?

Abnormal EKG?
During Biology class today, we conducted an EKG lab. Mine appeared with abnormal results. Mine differed from the average graph in that the spikes appeared to be inverted. Upon asking my teacher, he ...

Is this high, low, or average blood pressure?
116 59???
Additional Details
oh im 17......

When you feet swell could that mean something is wrong with your heart?

What raises peoples blood pressure?
please give me list of stuff that raises your blood pressure and how it ...

Blood Pressure Question!!!! please help!!! points for best answer!!!!!?
i need to pass a physical exam for a comercial driver license...but i am having trouble lowering my blood pressure...i have been eating healthy and exercising..! i might get a little nervous when i ...

At what age can you have a stroke?
I am 27 years old, I was wondering if I was too young to have a stroke? What causes it, and what can be done to prevent it?...

Tips for lowering high blood pressure through diet and excercise?

When should I be concerned about my heart?
I realize that some palpitations are normal and that thing where the heart sort of skips a beat and then thuds really hard right afterwards is normal as well. Its just that it happens everyday and ...

Why does my heart skip beats every once and a while? It feels weird!!?

Heart Hurts???
Ok..... so lately Ive been having really sharp pains under my left breast... and when I hsve those pains I start breathing really hard why is this happening to me.

Im 19 and really healthy<...

Help, healthy diet to lower cholestorol and blood pressure.?
I am fed up with statins, beta blockers and NHS medical approach to my problem. Feel sure correct diet and vitamins would be an improvement. Any ideas anyone out there. T...

Do you ever worry about dieing?

How to be tested if you have heart failure?
I want to get my heart checked ...

Do i have heart problem?
i have recently some pains in my shoulders ..when i get these pains i can move my arms because it is too painful.. it last like 5 mins maximum
sometimes i feel pains in my back .it is as if ...

Is it normal for my heart to stop for 13 seconds? What could cause that?

What happens if you get water round your heart and your heart does not pump properly?

Recently I have sometimes been getting shooting pains going through my heart. Each one only lasts a second.?
It can happen several times a day sometimes and other days it does not happen at all. I panic and think it might be small heart attacks I am having and wait for a big one to hit. Then it passes and I ...

Does this symptom indicate a heart problem?
The last two nights, I have gotten a very sharp pain shooting up my right index finger and up to my elbow. I thought it was arthritis but a friend said it could mean heart trouble. Has anyone else ...

Heart Murmur?
I went to a DMD the other day to have a consult about my wisdom teeth and because having them taken out is minor surgery, he had to check my heart and said I had a heart murmur. I am 15 and until ...

the man
I cant sleep due to non stop heart palpitations. Any suggestions.?
Please dont say see my doctor. Already spoken with them about the palpitations. COnfirmed I have a sinus arrhythmia with irregular heart beat. They said they should go away as I elminiate caffine from my diet. But in the mean time..I cant sleep with this heart thumping in my chest. What should I do???

woodchip513
Rating
Get over it & go on with ur day.

James
sometimes the vitamin B-1 thiamine 250mg or higher dosages tree times per day will eliminate the palpitations completely caffeine causes a vitamin B-1 deficiencies and if you stop the caffeine you recover the vitamin in you re body. I found that taking the vitamin is more effective, Or a high potency B complex vitamin also do the job

Fred
Get rid of the caffeine.

You can get herbal supplements that help you sleep, with lettuce as the main active ingredient. I know it sounds crazy, but they do work. I wouldn't suggest any chemical sleeping tablet as these may mess with your heart in other ways.

If it's still bad after 4 weeks then go back to your doctor!

PAPU
Rating
Insomnia (sleeplessness) is due to stress, dietary and medical
problems. By making small lifestyle changes like having a fixed
daily routine, relaxing and eating properly, insomnia can be
cured. I found the information at http://tinyurl.com/jfzpz useful
for getting sleep.

Debby B
So- elimate the caffeine and turn on the tv and watch a boring movine and fall asleep- or read and get your mind off the palpations-d

Patricia S
Rating
If you've eliminated the caffeine and the palpitations are continuing, get a second opinion.
During a routine exam, when my GP found I had palpitations, he had me wear a monitor for 24 hours. This lead him to perscribe medication (Toprol) which has greatly improved the problem.
Incidently, my doctor never told me to cut out my 2-3 cups of coffee.

Gorilla Mike
I had that, and I quit smoking cigarettes, and it was gone in a week. Also I was a bit overweight. I have lost 105 pounds since then. Try, taking tylenol PM, or Unisom. Those are over the counter sleep aids. Try elevating your upper body, substantially as well, that helped for me.

Sir Readalot
A dietary supplement named taurine can calm the heart and nerves.

ssmindia
Rating
You can eat 50 grams of oats in warm milk half an hour before going to bed and I think that will work for you.

freckles
Rating
My mom does this to herself she's so stubborn. She's been taken to the emerg numerous times in the middle of the night. The questions are always: what did you eat tonight? Typically: Oh, a chocolate bar, (and/or) cups of coffee.

If you insist on treating a valuable organ in your body like that, my suggestion is to eat crap food and whatever earlier in the day.

rwa000
Have you tried changing positions when you sleep , does leaning back on a pillow make it worse or better does standing make it better?, sometimes nerves (stress) can cause gas to build up and depending on what position you are and when you ate last it can make you have a "heavy heartbeat" part of your stomach lies under your heart and gas can build up there if no meds were prescribed than it could be a combination of nerves and gas try to eliminate certain foods before you go to bed or sleep in a different position. Try some gasX just to See if it lessens

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy