Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What is a defibrillator really for?
In the Netherlands, there is a campaign going on to get as many people as possible to buy a defibrillator (approx. $600). The point is that when a heart attack is reported to the emergency services, ...

What diseases can be caused by thyroid glands complications.?
Is heart problems one of ...

How can I lower my LDL?

My heart has been beating fast and hurting all day im only 20 and drank a coffee this morning but thats it?
im really scared it feels like someone is squeezing it or like a bubble is stuck inside. What could this be? I think im making it worse by freaking out but i dont want to have heart problems I have ...

Medication ,does anyone take,CLONIDINE,,i also take lisinoprin,,atenol?
does anyone know about it ????
Additional Details
i am on heart tabs as well dont like taking them all ...

The scary truth??
Fact: doctors perform unnecessary surgerys on patients after spending a long night out pissing away money Fact: Drug companys are trying to get every single american hooked on some kind of drug Fact: ...

Drinking cold water after a meal will give you a heart attack?

Sudden chest pains?
Please help! Im a 23 year old mother of 2 and have never had any medical problems but for the past 2 or 3 months Ive been getting sharp pains on my left side of my chest. Could this be my heart? It ...

Can someone in their 20s have a heart attack, and if so, how common is it?

I want to help my Dad lower his high blood pressure. Where can I find recipes that will help him lower his bp?
I really want to help my Dad lower his blood pressure. I know that he needs to avoid excess salt or anything that contains high salt content but he's a single Dad now and he and my brother live ...

Arteriosclerosis?
What is the difference between Arteriosclerosis and Atherosclerosis?...

Son has condition,dizzy when he stands up,shortness of breath w/easy exercise,had chest pain once in a while .
has had many test and doctors gave him clean bill of health,for his heart but problem still exsist he is 15. Had heart moniter,ultra sound,blood work,ekg twice now I can't get insurance on him. ...

Do people know that they have heart disease? How do they find out? Should you go to a doctor regularly?

My sister had a hemorragic stroke in the parichymal area.She is on a ventalater,She has 2 collapsed ventricals
The Dr. says she will make a full recovery,only at times will she follow a command. what hope do I ...

Is a cardiac sonographer a good career?
do they make good ...

Short breatheing, heart pounding very strong im scared?
okaay so , since like 1 yesturday, my hearts been pounding, like very strong, but its not like every bbeat its like every 5 mins, and when it happens , my breathe shortens, and i went to the clinic ...

Headaches?
Plz help if anyone knows what i have.

well sometimes when i'm lying down and then get up my head starts hurting. or when i move it fast ( my head). I know when people sit up or stand ...

Racing heartbeat, lack of sleep?
Hey. these few days i have been sleeping really little because of stupid exams. and just recently i realised i have been experiencing these pounding heartbeats in my chest, like it suddenly starts ...

I have high blood pressure?
and im only 29 been getting chest pains.....blood prussure is up round 155 160........dont no whats wrong with me been very streesed tho.........is there any foods that can give u this???????...

My blood pressure is 97/54?
It is very low and makes me feel tired at times during the day. I'm told it's ok. but not so sure!...

Sean
I can't feel my pulse?
I check my pulse every once in a while and sometimes I won't feel it for 10 minutes straight. Why does my heart stop for this long? I don't have health insurance so I don't know what I'm going to do about this. The money just isn't there. I just had my transmission rebuilt on my car and gas prices are killing me. Are there any over the counter pills I can take for this problem? I have a feeling that if I don't do something about it, that it is going to kill me.

carobygirl
There are no over-the-counter heart medications.

cacaroachjoe
Rating
Have you been bitten by a vampire lately?

Ruth
Rating
I think you're stressed.. Just relax a bit, you're fine..or maybe you're dead [just kidding.. sorry.hah]

Confused
Ehh trust me your heart wont have decided to have a break for 10minutes then decide its time to get back to work.
Your paranoid man...
Go get some first aid classes or do some research and learn how to find a pulse.

Thanks for the laughs though!!

intro/spectiveness
you're an idiot

Lacey G's Stalker :))
LOL Sean.....

Oh boy 10 minutes.... sweetie if your heart stopped for that long you would be dead...

Trust me, your heart DID NOT STOP....

1) Where are you trying to take your pulse?? The radial pulse in your wrist may be difficult for some untrained people to find... it can also be what we medical people call thready... which means its on the weaker side... The carotid pulse is the one in your neck and usually very easy to feel since it is what we medical people call "bounding" and that means its very strong and pulse is easy to find... if you have a thready radial pulse then you should try drinking more water... perhaps you are dehydrated.

2) Why are you so paranoid about your pulse? Did your doctor tell you to take your pulse? If not then you do not need to do this... Usually only people on heart pills or blood pressure pills need to check their pulse.

3) NOOOOOO there is no OTC pill for your pulse.

4) It's not going to kill you.... so relax!

5) Compare the radial pulse in your right wrist to your left wrist... if they seem equal then great... if one seems much weaker than the other... call it to your MD's attention... perhaps you are having some circulation issues.

Ashraf
As you said, you can't feel it; that's all. You heart is surely beating regularly and inability to feel your pulse can be due to many reasons, having a cardiac arrest is not one of them. Can you please tell if you have any symptoms associated with inability of feeling your pulse like dizziness or blacking out? Are you thin or obese? Due you feel (without a finger on pulse) that your heart beats are not regular.
The first time this happens to you, please put your index finger in front of your ear and apply gentle pressure. If you couldn't feel it, then put index, middle and ring fingers of your right hand in the right left side groove between your trachea (windpipe) and the muscle adjacent to it (sternomastoid muscle) and press also gently for 15 seconds. Sure you will feel your pulse by this method.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy