Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

How do i know mt heart is healthy without going to the docs?

How many times could you have a heaart attack before you die?
just asking questions ...

17yrs old.. regarding high blood pressure.. again..?
the first time mum made me get the test i was 164/90 or something..i was freaked out.... (maybe thats why it was so high) and today again mum did it after work.. and it was 130/84... (while she was ...

Stitches in my chest?
Can anyone advise please, I keep getting stitches and pains in my chest. when I breath in it hurts sometimes. I cough quite a lot, but this has gone on for months now....

Heart Attacks in Teens?
Is heart attacks in teens likely to happen? If so how do they?...

I cant find the right diet because of my heart problems?
i have high blood preasure, cholestrol,100%blockage,and anxity,panic disorder....

Can anyone plz tell me how to control high blood pressure?
few days back my mom happened to meet a doctor and he told my mom abt the high B.P problem my mom was facing. As per his suggestion yesterday only she took first dose for B.P and then when she ...

Can you drink or smoke with a Heart Defect?
I have repaired Pulmonary Artresia and was wondering what would happen if I drank alcohol or smoked?
Additional Details
I dont exactly want to, i was just curious. Im not a idiot lol

Hi, can anyone help with this??
I know this is probably going to sound like nothing, but uou know the feeling when your heart 'skips a beat'? Well, for the last couple of weeks I've been getting that feeling in my ...

Is anyone immune to a broken heart after a break up?
Can you really prevent the pain or just have to suffer?...

Explain please !!!! I am 32/f. My pulse rate is 116/min. Is it harmful and what precautions should I take?
My blood pressure is normal. Also i like to know that wheather pulse rate is related to any heart diseases ?...

23 & have Been told my cholesterol is 9.5?
Im pregnant at the moment went to doctors he told me my cholesterol is 9.5 but there is nothing i can do untill i have the baby does any one know anything that might be good to ...

Descending aortic aneurysm...should i worry?
found in an xray, have no nsurance... cant really afford tests...what are the treatments, is it serious?...

My husband had a triple bypass heart surgery. How many surgeries can he have or how many arterial veins are?
there to use?...

How do you check if your heart...?
has a rhythm disorder? i know theres a name... Sometimes my heart goes real fast and then slow and i feel dizzy. Sometimes i feel like im thirsty or out of breath, but i think it's my heart....

Can ibuprofen be taken for back pain while taking atenolol for high blood > pressure?

How many times is your pulse supposed to beat in a minute....?
just wondering...=D...

How do i get a heart surgery with no insureance or with not much money?

Additional Details
the government refuses to help and there only 1 hospital that we coan find to do it. it is 50000-60000...

What is a heart attack?
what are the symptoms, and medications? i am worried about a chest pain i had for 2 years now but had x-rays which shows nothing wrong. pain sometimes is severe especially when stretching in the ...

COMPLETE:When the doctor received a heart attack.................?
make your answer as humorous as ...

Richard K
How many heart bypasses can a person have?

Derek C
1 person can have about 69 heart bypasses

Frosty
As many as they need.

gorgeous gm
The most that I have heard from people who have had CABG is 2. I don't know if that is the limit or after undergoing 2 bypass surgery, they don't feel like undergoing a 3rd one.

Teddy's Mom
Do you mean the surgeries? My neighbor had 4 separate surgeries and they considered her a medical miracle.

If you mean how many arteries at a time I think 6 my dad had 6 and his surgeon said that was the max at 1 time.

Abel O
Rating
Depend how much your insurance carrier will allow. Most if not all medical insurance plans have maximum cost ceiling.

HoW cOuLd YoU??
it really depends on how bad the case is!
i"ve heard the normal [for a not to bad case] is about 3-4!
and i hope you feel better[if th case is about your problem = ]]

evol1
Rating
well my grandads had two, but then he ot mrsa
but hes also got diabeties and cancer of the kidneys

Jane
Rating
my dad's had 5...so idk

Laurence W
It depends on the number of blocked sections and their length, along with amount of collaterals. With extensive collaterals, fewer bypasses are required.

The purpose is too restore blood flow throughout the heart, otherwise, some sections of heart muscle will die. Doing 12 or more when required is dedication to a patients future well-being.

I have three bypasses. My collaterals take care of the rest. One of my blockages was about 3 inches long, the bypass about 6 inches long to the lower end of that artery.

sweep
My husband had a bypass (5 arteries) in Dec last year and is doing not too badly, but cardiologist has told him that this was a once in a lifetime op. The arteries are fine but he has a lot of damage to his heart. So I suppose the answer to your question is it depends on the condition of your heart how many ops you can have.

Molly
I am a cardiology nurse. I have seen patients get as few as 1 and as many as >12. Actually the patients that have had that many, the nurses stopped counting how many the doctor did. Now this doctor was pretty extreme. His patient's always did really well, so who is to argue with a mad scientist. A normal amount would be 4-6. Most surgeons will say that 6 is the max.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy