Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What do to about high blood pressure?
whats the best way to lower high blood pressure? what diet can i go on? i know i should be eating a lot of calcium and iron, what else can i do? my health insurance doesnt kick in until October so i ...

My grandma said she has algina in her heart, but I can not seem to find out what it is, can you answer this?

Uses for Cardizem?

Can high blood pressure cause weird symptoms?
I have these weird wrinkles in the center of my back and i feel pressure in my whole body. I also have a tingly feeling in by shoulders and back (sometimes in chest.) And my heart beat pounds really ...

Resting heart rate 85 per minute?
Is it normal???...

How far can an ECG test go towards diagnosing a heart condition?
what are the limitations of an ecg, can they show signs for the majority of heart conditions? I have been experiencing rapid heart rates at random times with intermittent chest pain on occasions. I ...

What does an Angina attack feel like?
Over the last several years I have had chest pain, sharp, pinching type, but nothing in my left arm. When I asked the doctors abour it a couple years back, they said I just had "air bubbled&...

How to slow down your heart beat?
How to slow down your heart beat?...

I have shortness of breath and body aches and chest feels very tight should i go to er?
have also ached for days now feel like been beat up i am 52 ...

Blood pressure on exercise, should it go up? mine was 138-105?
i took a blood pres reading immediatley after exercise, it was 138-105. is this ok as bottom figure seems high. or should i take it more easy, i am frightened to exercise now, but i know you need to. ...

I'm 22 and my cholesterol level is 242. Any other young people out there with the same problem?
I got a call today from my doctor about my lab results. It seems that I have high cholesterol levels. I'm only 22 and I was curious if anyone else was diagnosed at a young age and/or what I can ...

What are the treatment options for pitting edema in the lower extremities?
I have tried elevating the legs but this isn't always possible especially at work. Have a stent in the left coronary artery; on blood pressure medicine and aspirin regimen. Also bipolar ...

Im concerned?
im trying to stay awake and i drink 2 cups of coffee but now im starting to get shaky and my heart is pounding fast and it kind of give me an upset stomach what should i ...

Blood pressure is 107/73. Pulse 141. I'm really weak. What's going on?

Heart Attack Symptoms???
My father within the last few weeks has had flu-like symptoms (even took two days off work..which he NEVER does) and has had shooting pain through his right shoulder down his arm. I was wondering if ...

Is this normal?
I've done this in the past every now and then. I'll just be sitting here (it's kinda scary when it happens), but all the sudden I feel like I forget the breathe, like I lost my breath ...

Cholesterol?
My brother recently had a test for Cholesterol and the results came back at 5.9. Is that good, bad or neither? If its bad what can he do to lower his Cholesterol ?
Additional Details
My ...

Is high blood pressure dangerous????

I woke up and my heart was beating really fast and wont stop?
i woke up and my heart felt like it was jumping out of my chest. i went and took a shower and while i was there it was still beating really fast. it still is now. is there something wrong with me?...

PLEASE WHERE IS THE BEST CARDIAC TREATMENT AVAILABLE I dont care what country its in or what it costs ill take
the debt. PLEASE !!!!!!!!...

polly a
How low could your blood pressure go before a need to be concerned?What is normal b.p. ?
I checked mine yesterday at the local pharmacy on their machine it was low 107/55 one time then 105/64

Kerrybobs
I have had low blood pressure for about 15 years and I think the only affects this has had on me is dizziness from time to time. the advice about not getting up to quickly is really good. You just have to take things a bit slower like getting up out of bed and things like that.
I tend to sit up in bed first and then get up so I have had time to let my blood pressure adjust.
I haven't, touch wood, ever passed out as a result of it and my doctor has never felt the need to give me any medication.
Try to make sure you have regukar meals as well as that can reduce the dizziness.
Take care x

st. nino
Rating
sorry can't resist this one, < when you cannot find any> boom boom, seriously just have it checked to be on safe side, to be sure to be sure!!

Ken K
You sound perfectly Normal to me. Typically, the systolic or high number should be between 100 and 140, while the diastolic or low number should be between 65 to 90. Lower blood pressure shouldn't cause much problems unless it gets extremely low which you are far from. Low blood pressure is far more healthy than high pressure. Stay healthy, you're doing great. My pressure is typically around 108/60 and I deal with a lot of stress.

Indiana Frenchman
Medical guidelines state that a normal blood pressure for most adults is less than 120/80 mm Hg. Drug treatment is recommended if your blood pressure is at or above 140/90 mm Hg. For people with diabetes or chronic kidney disease, drug treatment is recommended for a blood pressure level of 130/80 mm Hg or higher.1

Lowering your blood pressure to less than 140/90 to 120/80 mm Hg or below may help prevent other serious health problems.**

At Novartis, we call this range the BP Success Zone (less than 140/90 to 120/80 mm Hg or below). We created the BP Success Zone Program to help people lower their blood pressure numbers.

How can you tell if you have high blood pressure?
Some people think the symptoms of high blood pressure are frequent headaches and dizziness. And although you may feel these things, the truth is that most people with high blood pressure have no symptoms. That's why it is important to monitor your blood pressure regularly. If you know your blood pressure is too high, you can do something about it.

Are your blood pressure readings too high?
If your doctor says you have a high blood pressure reading the first time, don't panic. Blood pressure can vary due to exercise or your body's response to the environment (e.g., temperature, stress). It is possible for blood pressure to be higher at the doctor's office due to anxiety and tension. This is commonly called "white coat syndrome." So it is important to know your regular, relaxed blood pressure by measuring it daily at home.

You can receive a free blood pressure monitor (with rebate) to use at home by joining the BP Success Zone Program. Learn more about this and other Program benefits.

Ranges for the four blood pressure categories
(see page for table)

*MermaidMom*
Normal BP is 120/80

lilcutie98
if you don't feel any dizziness or fainting with that blood pressure that means that is ok. That may be your normal blood pressure. EVeryone of us have different normal blood pressure so there is not cause for alarm.

hobo
That's great but next time check it at the doctor's office Its more accurate Ask your Dr what is too low for you!! Normal for all ages is 120/80 Live longer with low BP though

Swamy
Rating
Well, that is definitely on the low side but if you did not have any symptoms, not to worry too much. However, you should not get up too fast from a sitting or squatting position or lying down position, since it can fall lower and may lead to a blackout. Consult a doctor if you are concerned about your hypotension.

Ah, yes, the normal range for BP is 110 -130 / 70 - 90 mm of mercury.

Sandeep Mittal
Rating
110/70 is OK. You also need to co relate the findings with any other medical complication, and family history.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy