Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Emergency!!! please read if you havnt already?
What could it be? very important!!!!?
i been having really bad chest pains. like shocks in my chest,it feels like its to my heart. and it be hard for me to breathe all the time. it has gotton ...

Does "heartbroken" cause a serious heart problem?

Is it bad that i left my cell phone in a patient while i was doing open heart surgury?

What happens if a person has a Heart Rate of 200 beats per minute?

How can heart attacks be avoided or reduced? What are the likely factors that can cause heart attacks?

I'm 23 with high blood pressure?
I am a 23 year old woman. Five foot four, 116 pounds. Have three children. Healthy in every aspect except I smoke. I've been put on Toprol XL due to high blood pressure and elevated heart ...

What is wrong with my blood pressure?
hi im 17 and in school today we are in a health class and took peoples blood pressure today and i was my friends patient while she was doing it and mine was 200/119. whats wrong with that? why is it ...

What can i do to lower blood pressure without meds. i exercise 3 times a week.?

Is 102 over 66 too low for blood pressure?

I have a dull chest pain, what should I do ?
A couple of years ago i was in worse shape then I'm in now. I'm actually not too bad. I'm 6'2" 230 lbs. For a while though i was under alot of stress with work (retail ...

I quit smoking about 3 days ago.. I'm havin chest discomfort. IS this normal?
I'm having trouble breathing an chest discomfort. When you quit smoking does this happen.. I feel like i have more trouble breathing now then i did a few days ago when i was ...

Can liver damage be reversed?
Can liver damage as a result of drinking every night for 4 years be reversed?

(A bottle of wine a night for 4 years)

I ask this, not because my liver is damged but because some ...

What do you think about a 23year old boy experiencing hypertension ?
Do you think the problem of the boy to be related with family,social relationship,or family issues?i want to know your view and ...

Help me:( i think im gonna die!!?
last week i had a Doc appointment and today i got a phone call and the doc told me i had High Cholesterol! What can Happen to? What causes it? What can i do to lower it? Tell me the facts! Im scared ...

Can a person die before their heart stops beating completely?
my mom passed away yesterday and it looked like she passed before her heart actually stoped beating, she got a stoic, frozen look and her eyes didnt match, one was looking up and the other one away ...

Help! What to take to help with Heart Burn!...?
My roommate is pretty sick now. Heart burn problems... I've never seen it this bad - he actually just threw up. He's been taking Tums and Alka Seltzer........anything else to help??!...

Reducing Blood Pressure?
Does anybody know if there are any natural products for reducing blood pressure? Thanks in advance.......

My blood pressure is 120 over 100 is this serious?

My 21 y/o mate collapsed yesterday cos of his heart....?
He was at work & collapsed. His heart rate was 180 when he got to hospital. Ho looks to be OK now as his heart rate was 90 last night. WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH HIM??????????????

The ...

My brother in law is dying...had cardiac arrest, is unconsious, and?
they had a hard time putting needles in him...so they went in his neck...It is worse that i am saying...i am just unable to verbalize what is all going on...He is in CCU....Should i ask for tomorrow ...

Mark F
How long could you live if u get stabbed in the heart with a knife?

Nurse Brandi
That's a question only God could answer but your heart would probably go into severe atrial fibrilation and then finally cardiac arrest fairly quick without emergency intervention VERY quickly.

Carolina
Once all of the blood is pumped out of the heart, like 2 seconds after you were stabbed in it, you would be dead.

Pippy
You could live forever given the correct conditions, I mean till your natural death anyway, or it could be as little as 1 minute.

Anthony m
Your heart would instantaneously lose the capacity to provide oxygenated blood to the brain, which would cause you to lose consciousness and result in death within minutes.

A.V.R.
Rating
Brain dies in about three to four minutes after the heart stops.

Michael B
It depends how fast you bleed

Kevin M
Rating
This isn't as easy as it looks in the movies because your heart is protected by your sternum (breast bone) and the ribcage, but it can be done and the simple answer is only a couple minutes.

romantic--postie
Rating
if the knife is still in the heart you can live for about 30 mins if your lucky, bu when that knife is out maybe 10 seconds, so stabb, what happened then dead

gangadharan_nair
Please see Google search for more details on Stab injury to the heart. Injury to the auricles is more fatal than that of ventricles because the walls of the auricles are thinner.

chattterus
Rating
Under two minutes after the knife shifts. If the heart tissue forms a seal around the knife, you can live indefinitely. But if the knife leaves an opening, two minutes at most. Most of that will be spent paralyzed.

The chances of surviving a stab to the heart under any condition is very small.

wannabefree
instant death

halleee_xox
you would last for the entire drop to the floor [:

jimmymae2000
Rating
Would guess 3 or 4 minutes for a human, however grisly Bears have been known to travel 1/2 mile with their heart shoot-out.

sherijgriggs
It depends on where in the heart you got stabbed. If the aorta is stabbed you will bleed out in about a minute and die on the spot. Other heart injuries can be fixed by a skilled surgeon if you get to the hospital in time.

watchmyself
Probably longer than most think, as long as the knife remains in the heart. The second you take it out, your time is limited. But if the wound is corked by the knife you've got a lil more time.

mickeytopdog
you only have seconds at best the time it takes for your heart to dump 5 quarts of blood out of your body.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy