Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 18. Can I have a Heart attack?
I am 5'9" and weigh 135 lb. Sometimes I feel slight discomfort in my chest and arm... especially when I'm nervous. A few months ago, my arm even went numb. My dad's side of the ...

Legal Herbel High drug, Head Candy emergency?
i was at a festival over the last 3 days, On the last night i took a legal herbel high called head candy, i consumed 2 pills i am over the 60kg suggested weight for 2.

Stupidly, i had ...

I have a slight heart attack. wat can i do?help me?
I have a small problem with my heart, sometimes i have a slight heart attack. It lasts about haft or one minute. I have a breathing difficulty, just a little bit. In most cases, I wasn't working ...

I felt sick and took my blood pressure. It was 200/102. Was this an emergency?
I went to Yale New Haven's emergency room. There were no patients waiting. I waited for an hour and no one attended to me, so I told the intake person that I was really sick and needed to be in ...

I smoked from the age of 15-26 and quit, i am now 29, how much permanent damage have i done to my heart/lungs?

Can a girl of 27 years old have stroke?

My uncle has had a triple bypass this was?
he was taken down yesterday and when my mum phoned they said he is still not awake and he should be awake sunday or monday ,i thought this was a bit strange ,does anyone know if this is normal ...

If heart disease[ cholesterol, angina] runs in your family can u prevent it, or just give up?
my husbands dad died at 49 of a heart attack, he had angina
his grandfather died at 52 of a heart attack too

since 23 my hubby has been on and off cholesterol medication, causing ...

What does a high resting heart rate generally indicate?
good level of aerobic fitness

high level of body fat

poor level of aerobic fitness

poor level of muscular ...

Please help me.?
my dad recently found out that he had very high cholesterol and high blood pressure. he started eating healthy for like a week and today he ate popcorn and other random junk food. im so afraid for ...

If you have sharp pains in your chest Can it be a serious problem?

Is it safe to take energy drinks/pills when you have a heart murmur?

My heart just started hurting?
It has been over an hour since i have played basketball. i am 5'9 190 pounds and all of a sudden my heart cramped up and my upper side was hurting ( whole left side) is it cause i over did it or ...

What is an emboli?

What are they going to do to me when i go to the cardiologist?
I know they are going to look at my heart, but what exactly are they looking for and what procedures will they do on me? im really scared because i went to have a physical today and they thought ...

What causes a faster heart beat?
starting about 2 weeks ago my heart will just start racing out of the blue...wether im sitting at the computer or watching tv or even laying in bed. i can literally feel my heart beating. what could ...

When is chest pain in a 5 year old dangerous?
Our family practitioner says maybe it was just a virus, but this child rarely complains about anything. For the past two days she gets chest pain when running or jumping. She also has a heart ...

Can cholesterol cause impotence in men?

Why heart attack early age?
my friend who is in renowned it company passed away recently at the age of 25. with all medical check ups he was off within 5 mins. what may be the exact reason? and how to deal with this. is it ...

Which brand of cooking oil is the healtiest?

Sue L
How dangerous is a blood pressure of 200/100? I have been having this reading for the last few weeks.?
I have type 2 diabetes treated with insulin and meds, I am overweight (275) and not active because I also have fibromyalgia and chronic back pain. I dont smoke or drink

Sal L
Rating
OMG - go to your nearest local hospital emergency room right away. Get a friend to drive you there right now - if you can't get a friend to drive you there now, then get a taxi or ambulance. You COULD be a walking timebomb..........

Alicia
Rating
See your doctor. That blood pressure reading is way too high. Losing weight would help with all the problems you have.

FeatherHead
See a Dr...that is dangerously high...

Pookeygirl
Very dangerous. You need to be under a doctor's care for this and asap. With the diabetes, which in itself has so many terrible things that it can do to your health, you need medical attention for the blood pressure. Don't want to scare you, but I have a friend who is diabetic and had a stoke on the brain stem in her 40's. Diabetes is the worse disease next to cancer, in my opinion, and may be a contributing factor to your high blood pressure readings. Please get to a doctor and get this treated. The numbers, if staying that high, could result in stroke or heart attack. At the least your arteries are taking a beating from the high pressure.

Jessica Y
Rating
I'm sorry. =( *hugs* I don't know about blood pressure, but from the sound of what everyone else is saying its bad. I hope you have a good stay at the hospital! It'll be ok, you just need to change your lifestyle to be healthier and happier.

mago
very dangerous, even if you don't feel any different...have this treated by your doctor

TMD
Rating
This should be looked into as soon as you can. This can become life-threatening and complications can develop over a course of years. Increased pressure on the inner walls of blood vessels makes the vessels less flexible over time and more vulnerable to the buildup of fatty deposits in a process known as atherosclerosis. Weakened portions of the blood vessel wall may balloon, forming an aneurysm. If an aneurysm ruptures, internal hemorrhaging (bleeding) results. Both atherosclerosis and a ruptured aneurysm in the brain can lead to a stroke.

Hypertension forces the heart to work harder to pump adequate blood throughout the body. This extra work causes the muscles of the heart to enlarge, and eventually the enlarged heart becomes inefficient in pumping blood. An enlarged heart may lead to heart failure, in which the heart can not pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs.

Increased blood pressure may damage the small blood vessels within the kidney. The kidney then becomes unable to filter blood efficiently, and waste products may build up in the blood in a condition known as uremia. Without medical treatment, kidney failure will result.

Jim
It is too high, get it treated.

trainlady170
Okay, so tell me why haven't you went to the hospital? Oh by the way when you go pack a bag, because they are going to keep you until they have it back down and in control. You are a stroke or heart attack waiting to happen. Got to the hospital now, and call your doctor on your way there!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy