Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What do you call a doctor who does cardiac surgery?
cardovascular?...

What is the difference between a stroke and a heart attack?
Which is worse? Please don't cut and past from Web MD ok. I am not a medical student so please give me an easy to understand answer....

Is 115/59 low blood pressure?

How much time does a sudden cardiac death take you off this earth?
I know the word sudden is in the name but does that mean 3 minutes?...

? about certain heart problem my gf has
my gf has been having this problem for a while now and nothing seems to turn up on tests when she goes to the hospital. Every now and then her heart will start racing from just simply eating to ...

Question about cholesterol?
My cholesterol is 229 I workout. eat healthy. MY doctor put me in zocor pills. I took them for a year and my cholesterol went down. I don't want to keep taking pills and I stoped becuase I ...

Hypertension .. how to lower it without medication?
I want to lower my blood pressure with out medication. what will help? low salt I know, what else?...

Is y heart rate to low?
my heart rate is 46 beats per second, is that to low. i am 15 years old, what causes low heart rate? what is your heart rate?...

High heart rate?
My beats per minute avgs 95-110bpm, I'm 18, have a very high caffiene intake, I am slightly under some stress, should I be worried about this?

Please don't try to scare me x-...

Sympoms of heart problems?
what are some symptoms that someone might have for a heart problem, like enlarged heart, heart attacks, ...

I have high blood pressure?
on medication new doc has said this medication is shutting down my kidneys but to suddenly stop taking the pills will cause me to have a stroke. sick of the swelling/fluid retention glad of any ...

Are YOU Aware That Statin medications Are DANGEROUS And Have Severe Side Effects?
http://www.statinalert....

May I take my bloodpressure medication any time of the day or does it need to be taken in the morning.?
I take avalide once a day....

What is the best way to lower your blood pressure fast?
My son is stressed out and trying to pass a physical for a job. He doesn't normally have high blood pressure, but is currently under a lot of stress. Does anyone have a quick remedy for ...

My sister in law doesn't want to give my brother (whom can't see) meds to control his cholesterol?
It is 202 and the doctor said he didn't want it over 130? She says she doesn't want to give him pills during the night and that Soui Wrestlers all have high cholesterol levels and they are ...

Is blood pressure 76/47 considered low? my pulse is 84.?
I am 25 years old, i felt so weak and nauseous....

Can Claritin D cause rapid heart rate during exercise?
Can Claritin D cause rapid heart rate during exercise?
Additional Details
Ok, to those who say, exercise can cause rapid heart rate, this is exercise I do every other day, and don't ...

Does 9/11/2001 still break your heart?

Anxiety question?
ok wensday i smoked a joint and after it i was freaking out really bad i eventually fell alseep but since then ive been having these episodes of being short of breath tingling in my hands and my ...

Can drinking alcohol whilst on beta blockers cause heart attatcks?
i am taking beta blockers for a fast heartbeat, should be coming off them in the next month. can drinking alcohol whilst taking these cause hert attacks.....

Dave G
How bad is blood pressure 180/110 for a 53 year old man?
what is considered a good blood pressure for a 53 year old man ?

ert_bound
Rating
Ummm... YES. If your blood pressure is constantly as high as this, you should be on anti-hypertensive medications. Your blood pressure normally should not be higher than 100/60. Speak with your doctor about this.

just me
Not good if it stays up there. Mine was 170/110 in the ER the other night and I am 48. Now I take beta blockers and it is 120/80.

Lester
Rating
It depends on the conditions under which the BP was taken. If the reading persists over a several day period under conditions that don't create anxiety or physical stress, then the BP needs to be lowered. Continued high blood pressure can damage the kidneys and blood vessels...and eventually will result in essential hypertension, a permanent condition.

yoda_master
Generally a normal BP is 120/80 for 18 years of age and older. Once it goes above 14/90 its classed as hypertension and since yours is at 180/110 id say your well and truely there. However the BP in our bodies is contantly changing so was it a one of high or is it all was that high?

If it is permanant then it can lead to chronic hypertension, which has an adverse effect on the function of the heart and blood vessels. It requires the heart to perfom more work than normal. This leads to hypertrophy of the cardiac muscle and left ventricular failure. Chronic hypertension increases the rate at which atherosclerosis develops. This in turn increases the probability of cardiovascular, cerebrovascular, and peripheral vascular disease and the risk of aneurysm formation. Conditions commonly associated with chronic, uncontrolled hypertension are cerebral hemorrhage and stroke, mypcardial infarction, renal failure and development of thoracic or abdominal aortic aneurysm.

Now with that all said you now know the risks of what hypertension can do to you so get going to your doctor and get it in check and under control.

TedEx
Rating
Mine once was 180/120. The dr wanted to stick me in the hospital right away.

I'd say you're 10 points away from a trip to the emergency room. I hope you're taking something for it.

ZeN25
Rating
The normal blood pressure is 120/80 as said by WHO but it also depends in each person. For example a person can have 90/70 normal blood pressure depending on his size and weight but most people has a 120/80 blood pressure. In your case 180/110 on a middle aged man is very high. I would suggest that you consult that with a doctor because it is a classic sign of hypertension.

Remember hypertension is also known as the silent killer and can lead to certain complications like artherosclerosis and angina. So as early as now, you should colaborate it with you health care physician.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy