Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Is it true that if you wake someone up while they are sleepwalking....?
..they might have a heart attack?
I heard this from a friend of mine and I'm just curious if it's true or not.....

If someone dies from congestive heart failure, how do they die?
Sorry if it sounds a little morbid. I'm just wondering is the death fast and painless or is it slow and painful?...

What is love?
love is greater tham mom, dad, god, nature. but not greater than peace. if we succeed in love, it is more than peace. if not, it kills the person (i am in that situation)...

Can you please suggest some very cheap medicine for a hypertensive 70yr old lady?
my mom got stroke last may '05,half of her body was affected,half of her brain is dead.doctors give very costly medicines w/c i cant afford.any one who could refer me or tell me some affordable ...

I know this can't be normal, can it?
My resting heart rate is between 180 and 192. I'm 17/f, 5'5", 132 lbs, and have a body fat percentage of 23. I try to work out 3 times a week, but it's hard because of work. I ...

Does anybody know a medicine for hypertension?

My father was rushed to hospital by ambulance and discovered that he had congestive heart failure.?
should he have a stress test the next day. I've heard this can be hard on your body. His EKG was normal....

Young Adult Female with Severe Chest Pains?
I am a 25 year old, 5'8 118lb. female who has struggled with intense chest pains for about 2 years. They aren't constant, and don't seem to have a specific time that they happen. I can&...

Everyone advice that don't talk more.now two month passed after bypass surgery.can i talk more now(2hours)?

Should I go to a doctor?(heart)?
Every once in a while my heart flutters or maybe murmurs and I can feel it get off beat like it slows or something and it kinda freaks me out so I take it easy and it could be during anything like ...

What shou;d i do?? I thinik I am having seizures...major changes in heart rate...?

Additional Details
Yes too much stress... they are NOT Panic I do yoga thru those....Yes... I think there is some memory loss...I just get all muscles tight and can barely get a breth.....

What is a heart murmur? And is it dangerous?

What does it mean when your arm keeps falling asleep?
My mom says her arm keeps falling asleep, like tingling, then waking up. What does this mean? I'm worried about her....

Can somebody send me assignment(Coronary Heart disease) on two side A4 and its justification on two side A4.?
I need an assignment for Postgraduate certificate in Medical ...

Is 82 over 47 good blood pressure?
i have been hurting bad in my knees and legs went to the doctor he sent me for xrays on my knees.gave me 2 shots in my hips for pain and inflamation.he thinks it is authoritis.my blood pressure was ...

A good heart these days is hard to find (a good heart). Discuss?

Is this a bad blood pressure to have?
I am almost 18 and my mom made a remark about it.
Im 5 1 and weigh around 107.
Im pretty active but I do have Wolf Parkinsons White. Its a heart disease but I dont think that would ...

Is there a doctor out there that can help me?
I am currently taking blood thinners actually for the rest of my life I will be taking them, I had a blood clot in lung about 2 yrs. ago and the Dr's. do not know why. well my pt blood levels ...

Whats the chance of a 14 year old getting a heart attack?
for most of today, my left arm has been hurting me. it's kinda numb, but it kinda hurts. is this a symptom of a heart attack? i dont have any chest pains though. i'm 14, and im not really ...

How bad is a blood pressure of 149/100? with left arm going numb?
i have anxiety really bad and right nwo my blood pressure is 149/100 and my left arm all the way to my hand is real weak. should i go to the hospital?...

darren o
Heart palpitations?
hello, every now and then i feel a kind of fluttering in my chest and i can feel it beat heavy. it keeps fluttering and i can feel this-its horrible. i was wondering if this is dangerous and what causes it.
thanks

leedslass
I suffer "palpatations" too, mine are an irregular pause followed by a huge thud, and these can cause me to go dizzy. My doc told me that they are not life threatening but severe ones could cause a me to black out, god forbid I'm driving at the time!!! Currently taking beta blockers and this has sorted it out, but prior to the tablets I found cleaning up my act, exercising, quitting smoking, eating properly, and heres the killer, stopping drinking put an end to them. The beta blockers came about when I was pregnant and my bloodpressure shot up, must admitt I don't relish the idea of coming off them.

Kat
Rating
I get the same thing. Ive been to a cardiologist and had an EKG done. what i have is called PVC's or premature ventricular conractions. They are not harmful and most of the time happen for no reason. Stress and caffeine can make it worse so try to limit both, but really you should see a doctor to make sure everything is A-Okay. He will probably order a 24 hr holtor monitor and a EKG.

mariavazquez6
I have had the same thing happen to me and my doctor says not to worry. But everyone is different. You should get it checked just in case. It might also be stress or anxiety. But you have a doctor check you out to be on the safe side.

lynno
Rating
palpitations are good they tell you your heart is working ok, but not to often you should only drink decaff coffee,

Petunia03
Rating
It can be signigicant. Best to see the Cardiologist, possibly even try a heart monitor for a while to record the incident.

Best wishes

dr_qutub1978
Rating
Palpitation is a symptom, kindly check it out if is frequent or in excited it's normal. However see a good cardiologist to rule out any cardiac disease.
Regards,
Dr.Qutub

LEX
Rating
Will watch this with baited breath, as your not on your own here!

treentreenie
it could be but not necessary maybe just palpitation due to panic over something trivial go to docs anyway

happy trucker
Get it checked as soon as possible by your doc best to be on the safe side.

chattterus
Rating
There are tons of causes ranging from a very serious cardiomyopathy and similar heart conditions to anxiety to excitement. It is only dangerous if it lasts a long while.

grumpcookie
lots of reasons
too much drinking
smoking
stress.
if it continues you need to get it checked out.

Le MAURICIEN
Rating
Your problem sounds very much like you are suffering from episodic cardiac arrythmias (irregular heart beats) . There are at least a hundred types of arrythmias,many of which are' innocent' i.e. the do not impair the proper functioning of the heart.

The causes are numerous and include cigarettes,alcohol,stress,
etc.etc. though a large proportion are idiopathic(of no known cause).

It becomes serious when the underlying cause may be Ischaemic Heart Disease or other similar serious cardiac diseases. Also when ,if during the episode , you feel weak,dizzy and lighheadedness or you loose consciousness.

Whatever the cause or/and its effects any cardiac arrythmia should be carefully examined and fully investigated by a Cardiologist as early as possible.

Innocent and/or idiopathic arrythmias should only be diagnosed after exclusion of all serious aspects, and that ,as soon as possible.

oubie
any doctor, upon your check up will ask you important questions like - how old are you? are you smoking? is there a familial history of any cardiac diseases? - these are all related if indeed you feel heart palpitations...

QUESTION: 1.)is your climbing to stairs now same before? 2.)do you get tired soon after doing chores or job maybe associated with angina(chest pain)? 3.)do you feel like drowning when you sleep? 4.)do you have pain radiating to your left arm or posterior neck? 5.) do you feel like having hyperacidity?6.)did you just broke up with your girlfriend/boyfriend perhaps? 7.)have you been crying a lot lately, or are you emotional stressed lately?

if you answer atleast 2yes from question 1-5, i suggest you seek professional advice from your cardiologist....and if you answer yes from question 6-7 , i suggest you confront your problems with might.

good luck, hoping you are fine...

ollie91rocks
You may want to call your doctor just to make sure you are okay. My mother had heart palpation's and now she is on medication. Good Luck.

byron101540
Odds are it's low blood pressure, I had a COPD med cause that

Try a few potato chips, (salt) see if that stops the problem

I now have a battery operated blood pressure unit

Wendy H
Rating
I have this sometimes as well, so does my brother. I have had several doctors tell me that it is due to stress. Taking a deep beath seems to make it stop and makes me feel better...get back to normal. If this happens often, you should see your primary care doctor and wear a haltar monitor. This will track your heart rate for 24 hours and they will be able to tell if you need to have a stress test, ecg, or ultra sound. Lay off of the caffeine, this could be part of the problem too.

Spiny Norman
Rating
Palpitations are common and can be caused by drinking too much coffee, tea, certain medication, or stress. They are rarely serious and I would not worry unless you have them for prolonged periods. I suffered a skipped or fluttering heartbeat for about a month three years ago. When mine stopped my wife suffered the same. I can only assume that it was a virus, since neither of us have had any trouble since!

huggz
Rating
See a doctor for goodness sakes!!!;

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy