Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What is bad for the heart apart from cholestrol levels being too high, being overweight? Anything else?

Additional Details
LOL, David D!!!!...

Would u babby sit a little girl with heart disease?
she is 7 and she has some type of heart disease. and i want to baby sit her but my parents say it is to much responsability.
Additional Details
i am 15 . i consider my self responsible. ...

My brother died of apparent heartattack this week?
They say it was an apparent heartattack.No signs or symptoms. He was 41(smoker-moderate drinker)complained of faintness,laid on ground-turned purple from neck up and I guess was gone. No complaints ...

How do you know if your haveing a heart atack even a really mild 1?

Additional Details
dont u mean an ...

Heart pains at 13!?!?!?!?
I am only a 13 year old girl, but have been having chest pains in my heart area for about 2 years now!!! They have gotten so bad that when I am done having one, I cant get up for atleast 10 minutes!!!...

23 year old with chest pains?
For about week I have had a dull ache right in the centre of my chest. It comes on suddedely without cause and feels like it is winding me at times. Sometimes I wake up with it. It comes and goes and ...

Is there a way to reduce cholestrol besides drugs?
Besides the obvious like less meat intake. When thats just not enough, because your body itself is making too much. Is there a way to get your body to make less cholesterol? Is there any special/&...

My grand daughter is three and docs have just found she has a heart murmer, do all children out grow them?

I am just curious. Has anyone else had severe panic attacks?
I had it to the point a long time ago to the point where I felt helpless and didn't know how to handle it. I am a lot better now, with time and medication. Isn't it like the most horrible ...

If someone had heart disease, what do I do to help him?
I ask of this because a friend of mine is having this health problem, and I really need help from all of you, PLEASE!!!...

What is the best food to eat for high cholesterol?
my husband was just told his cholesterol is over 400! What are the best foods to eat to lower it?...

Is is the left arm or right arm pain that is a worry for heart disease?
Obviously the heart is on the left, but i seem to remember the pain is on the right. Is that right?...

My wife seems to have a heart problem. Can anyone advise?
She comes from a family where just about everyone has high blood pressure and dies from either myocardial infarction or congestive heart failure.

She has been having (once or twice a week) ...

My father is 86 and is disabled and is gradually die`ing of major organ failure. how do i get a dna order ?
i dont want to get into the ethics of this, i just want to find out how do i arrange a dna ( do not resusitate ) order.
my father has kidney failure, has has heart attacks, has blood cancer. i ...

I have had a pain in my chest and heart for 24 hours?

Fear of Roller Coasters, mental or physical?
I have a moderate/severe fear of roller coasters. I have been on roller coasters before because I was forced to. The worst one I went on was The Mummy in Universal Studios Orlando. It shoots you in ...

Heart attack or chest pains?
I get pains just to the left centre of my chest but it goes after a few minutes. I may not get another one for a few weeks and it has been happening over the last 3 months. I put it down to ...

Can anyone tell me the reason for people having limbs cut off because they are smokers?
My friend has had her leg cut off and I want to research the reasons for this. She is a smoker and has been told that it has affected her circulation causing gangrene, Therefore she has had one leg ...

If you were the nurse on duty, would you prefer the presence of families/relatives while doing CPR?

How to reduce Blood pressure without drugs.?

Siu02rk
Does it hurt to have a heart attack? Do you feel pain?

sing_laugh_dance
Rating
splitting pain in your left arm

Steph j
Its described as a crushing pain

The FFX Blitz â„¢
when i'm old & wrinkled i'll tell you.

markjen
its not fun thats y it is a attack mupet

Boogie's Mom
Rating
Yes, chest pain and left arm pain. Also, lots of sweating.

groves
I DONT HAVE ANY QUESTIONS LEFT SO WOULD A WOMAN LICK A CHEESEY BELLEND

Earwigo
Rating
Apparantly it is very painful.

bmac
Rating
Are you kidding? I've heard it explained by people that it's what an elephant sitting on your chest would feel like. You can't even move it's so crushing.

homemanager22
yes, i have never had one, but people will descride it as indegestion to start with, and then becomes a crushing pain, the chest will tighten, and breathing will become hard

b97st
Er, yes!

hateraide55
yuppers thats why they take u rite in to er when say having chest pains, smalls ones sometimes dont even feel em

driver_man37
Rating
i would imagine it does as when you see people having one they are invariably shouting argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

D B
Rating
OOOHHHH yes

Pat R
Rating
A full blown one is horrendously painful,you can have a small one though and not know about it.

Sue
It can feel as bad as being crushed by a double decker bus, or as little as pins and needles in your left arm. It all depends on the severity of the attack and the health of the sufferer

barrie b
Rating
believe it or not , sometimes you never know you had a heart attack , these are called silent heart attacks .
the symptoms of a heart attack is possible tightening of the chest , arm-aches from the shoulder down to your elbow, back of the neck hurts a shortness of breath , these are just some of the symptoms , not all these symptoms come at once , these are just some of the things you could feel before a attack, but the heart attack itself , i can assure you , you do not feel it hardly , you get a pain and 99% of the times you will just collapse and wake up in a Ambulance;or hospital.

jason c
Rating
It feels like having an elephant sitting on your chest.

Red Death 266
Rating
I had one 2yrs ago when I was 33 & I really didn't hurt I just seemed to have a hard time breathing & very sweatie so like the one who lost her father they didn't believe me neither & they found out the next day I was still having the attack & rushed me for stent surgery now I have only 11percent heart function.

blueendred
my hubby says its like an elephant sitting on your chest,hope it never happens to you

ascoile
Rating
Yes

You feel like your chest is being compressed and you can't breathe

It's not pleasant.

ireland01
yes. people who have heart attacks often experience chest pains and a pain running down the left arm.

emtp0911
Rating
Heart attacks can have a variety of signs and symptoms. Women are more prone to silent heart attacks or MI's. Heart attacks can feel like a crushing pain in your chest with radiation down your left arm or up your jaw or it could feel like a nasty case of indigestion. The silent one's tend to be the one's where one is just feeling a little weak and nauseated. Maybe sweaty. Kinda looks like the stomach flu, but in fact it can be an MI. Sometimes it maybe just a fainting episode, no pain, just a little dizzy. Just because there is no pain, it doesn't mean it's not serious. Those can be the worst because people tend to leave them untreated. I have seen many heart attacks with many signs and symptoms and many of them were the silent MI's. If you are at risk, it's good to have frequent check ups and know your risk factors. I had a friend who thought she was having indigestion, took antacids for a couple of days, and had a quintuple bypass a couple of days later. Hope this helps.

WWHRD
Rating
There is such a thing as a "Silent Heart Attack," which is indeed pretty pain-free. My father-in-law had one and not one person in the ER believed me when I said he was having a heart attack! His only pain was a slight pain in his left SHOULDER, not his chest at all.

Finally an on the ball R.N. hooked him up to an EKG and then they started flipping out. I was right, they were wrong. He died. Had they seen him right away he would have lived. Jackholes.

Tammy
Rating
Yes, it often time hurts. But don't be fooled. There are also silent heart attacks where you feel no pain.

Also, you could have a heart attack without chest pains, but other symptoms...like dizziness, being short of breath, and abdominal pain.

When it comes to your heart...be careful!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy