Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

What to do when one has an heart attack?
my dad has this heart condition and i was just wondering if he suddenly has an attack, what shall i do to help????????
Additional Details
Lately he has been under alot of pressure and ...

I have high blood pressure it feel like my heart is beating in ever part of my body and i am feel nausea?

Why am i feeling a headache in the top of my head?
My Blood pressure as below :
Sys :134
Dia.: 90
My weigt is 87 Kg, my length is : 174 cm, my age :45 years
how can i reduce my blood presure ....

What are some good ways to naturally lower blood pressure?

Anyone know how effective LIPITOR is to reduce cholesterol and to prevent heartattacks and strokes ?
I'm 37 and been put on it for the rest of my life - with all the news lately about cholesterol-reducing drugs not working , I was wondering if anyone has experience with THIS particular one...<...

Heart hurts?
Its been going on for a week and well when i breath in deeply sometime a sharp pain goes through my chest around my heart somewhere. Also when I move suddenly or eat to fast. What could this ...

What can I do to lower my blood pressure and cholesterol on my own without meds??
I am wanting to stop taking so many meds and I was wanting to know what kinds of food should I *avoid* and what kinds of foods would *help* me lower these two things? I know that getting active will ...

What is a heart murmur?

What foods actively lower cholesterol?

Is a heartbeat of 43 beats per min too slow?
and not athlete ...

The doctor says I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol,What foods should I eat?

Symptoms of heart disease?

Can a heart form new capillaries?

Today when my blood pressure was taken it was 156/83 why such a change? and is this still high?

Additional Details
on 2 previous occasions over the last few weeks it was 176/72 and then 184/76 before i got this lower reading of 156/83....

What is the general name for any substance that causes the heart to beat faster is?

Chest Pain?
WELL I HAVE BEEN HAVING CHEST PAIN, LATELY I BROKE DOWN AN FINALLY WENT TO THE E.R. I PUT IT OFF BECAUSE I HAVE HAD BEFORE BUT IT WAS ACID REFLUX AND JUST PAIN IN THE STERNUM BONE. WELL I...

What vitamins can you not take when on warfarin?
my husband is on warfarin and woud like to know what vitamins he cannot ...

History of drug abuse and I am worried that my past is going to catch up with me. I have used ...?
..Weed, Coke, Meth, E, Shrooms, Nitrous, Vicodin, and smoked cigs and drank alot. I gave all that up about six years ago (I do still drink on occasion) and I am worried that it will all catch up to ...

Constant chest heaviness and feeling somewhat weak/lighheaded?
I am a 24 year old male who has had no previous heart condition. Roughly a week ago, I woke up with heaviness/pressure on the left side of my chest around my heart and also felt rather lightheaded/...

Why if an ECG is OK would a doc need 2 listen to a heart b4 deciding to put u on blood pressure tabs or not?

tia e
Definition for non-ambulatory?

Matt
there is no definition for non-ambulatory. trust me. i have an electronic dictionary and it has all kinds of words. just contact me if you have any more questions for vocab.

Gordon C
Rating
Its just medical speak for

not fit to walk around
not supposed to walk around

For example: Nurse A says to Nurse B

"Mr Bloggs is doing well after his hip replacement but the doctor wants him to remain non ambulatory for another couple of days"

Hope this helps

softball_girl08
it's most often used for not being able to walk but it can also mean that you cannot care for yourself so someone has to be there to care for you...

epat87
I saw the answer cannot walk. It also means that the patient is not stable enough to move to another facility. My mother just got a pace maker put in, and prior to her being taken to a larger hospital for the procedure they said she was non-ambulatory until her vitals were stabilized.

marty
Means not being able to walk or bed-ridden.

Type in the word ambulatory and google search it Click on the web definition ambulatory is the opposite of non-ambulatory...............OK

Hope this helps...................

Danielle S
Rating
cant walk

Jen
Rating
unable to walk

little78lucky
can not walk

Sarah J
Rating
Unable to walk assisted or independently

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy