Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Blood preasure?
ive just been for a check up at work and my blood preasure was 150/100. with a pulse rate of 61. im am 31 yrs of age 5ft 11" and weigh 15.3 st. i exersise and try to eat 5 a day but smoke 10 a ...

Please help! I'm having really bad heart palpitations?
I am in my 20's, am 5'4" 130lbs, and I go to college. I'm not very active other than walking to classes all the time. Well, I have always had heart problems. I sometimes get chest ...

I cant sleep due to non stop heart palpitations. Any suggestions.?
Please dont say see my doctor. Already spoken with them about the palpitations. COnfirmed I have a sinus arrhythmia with irregular heart beat. They said they should go away as I elminiate caffine ...

Food that lowers your cholesterol?

Broken heart????
has anyone really ever died from a broken heart???some days i feel ok, and other days, like today, i feel it can really happen. what do you think???
Additional Details
my spouse passed ...

Want to take a shot at diagnosing me?
I am overwieght. I ahve gained about 20 lbs in the last year. I get out of breath way too easy. Usually when I use my upper body. When I do I have discomfort in my neck and feel nauseated. My heart ...

Lifestyle can affect a persons blood pressure. discuss?

Whats the fastest first aid that can be provided when you suspect a person is having a heart attack?
Some people say CPR is best, others say aspirin.....

Has anyone ever snorted valum??

Does drinking to much coffee give you a weak heart. Anyone got any Data on this or is it untrue.?

Can a person's heart stop without reason?
I keep having this feeling that my heart can just stop for no reason, I was wondering if anyone has heard of that happening, it could just be because I have anxiety problems though....

Warfarin question?
My sister takes wafarin tablets ,and she panicks if she dosent take it at exactly the same time every day .Does it matter if she is half an hour late Thank ...

Is it normal for a 19yr old to have heart arrhythmia?

What is gaut, medical condition?

Abnormal EKG?
During Biology class today, we conducted an EKG lab. Mine appeared with abnormal results. Mine differed from the average graph in that the spikes appeared to be inverted. Upon asking my teacher, he ...

Is this high, low, or average blood pressure?
116 59???
Additional Details
oh im 17......

When you feet swell could that mean something is wrong with your heart?

What raises peoples blood pressure?
please give me list of stuff that raises your blood pressure and how it ...

Blood Pressure Question!!!! please help!!! points for best answer!!!!!?
i need to pass a physical exam for a comercial driver license...but i am having trouble lowering my blood pressure...i have been eating healthy and exercising..! i might get a little nervous when i ...

At what age can you have a stroke?
I am 27 years old, I was wondering if I was too young to have a stroke? What causes it, and what can be done to prevent it?...

RunsWithKnife
Can you have a heart attack if your blood pressure is normal,?
and does your blood pressure go up when you are having a heart attack?

L_H Qutub(Retired)
Yes, under severe tension you can have heart attack, irrespective of BP. Stress and Strain are a root cause of illness of heart and brain.
It accounts to 10% in person's below the age of 40.
Yes because of pain your BP might go up, in some cases the patients will have low or even normal BP, you have to rely on symptoms.
It can even go on without any symptoms in Diabetics known as SILENT INFARCT/Heart attack.

caffsans
Rating
hi
yes you can have a heart attack even if yourb/p is normal as sometimes something is wrong with the valves or the aorta

montreal canadiens #1 fan
Rating
u can have 1 n e time

brother_lu
Yup. If you have high blood pressure you are just at higher risk, especially for stress related attacks . BP can even go down before/during a heart attack. Stress causes alot of attacks, but not all of them. Blockages, failure, and other things can cause heart attack without high BP..

Straycat
Rating
Once your heart attack is underway, your BP will be high. In my case my BP was normal before the attack and proceeded higher as the attack progressed. At the time I knew I needed medical help my BP was 165/110. While you are having a heart attack, your BP will, indeed, be high.

anoldmick
Yes, and sometimes.

Twizard113
Rating
Yes you can have a heart attack even if your blood pressure is normal or even better. Even marathon runners, whose blood pressure would be in the excellent range, have died of heart attacks. And your blood pressure can go down if the heart isn't working right due to a heart attack.

♦cat
Rating
Yes to both questions. There are lots of factors that contribute to heart attack or cardiac arrest, it could be the blockage of blood supply to the heart, blunt trauma, medication side effect etc. or diseases of the heart...check on cardiovascular diseases and u will find them there...myocardial infarction is one of the main causes of cardiac arrest...

Bufford M
Rating
Yes, these are not necessarily related. The blood pressure often goes up because of pain and anxiety, and treatment is directed toward lowering them to decrease the workload on the heart. The blood pressure may, however be low and indicate a quite serious situation (cardiogenic shock)

Jack D
Rating
Yes, a heart attack is caused by a disruption in the supply of blood to the heart regardless of blood pressure at the time of event. What is relevant is that high blood pressure over time leads to a loss of arterial elasticity which can indeed make a heart attack more likely.

Captain Hero
Yes, although there may be a high correlation between high blood pressure and heart attack occurrence because patients with both conditions probably aren't healthy on all counts, there isn't a causation. That is, a heart attack is an acute myocardial infarction, so occlusion that develops to block blood flow to and from the heart can develop regardless of one's blood pressure. However, as that occlusion is present, the blood pressure might increase in at least the area of the occlusion, but I think the increase is negligible.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy