Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

16 and a poor heart rate?
ok i'm and i walk like 2 miles+ a day. and i exercise regularly yet still supposedly have a poor heart rate. i jog 5k weekly (all continuous, and i'm not slow)

resting its like ...

My pulse is 122, should i be concerned?

Additional Details
i haven't been working out or anything, i was drinking a lot last night, then when i woke up this morning i noticed that my heart was beating fast, so i check my ...

Are there any cholesterol medications that do not cause muscle pains?
I tried one once and it caused the "rare but serious muscle pains." Are there any that do not have that risk?...

How to help a heart attack victim?
If someone is having a heart attack what can you do to help them until paramedics arrive?...

Is pulse rate or heart beat more than 72 per minute is bad?
I checked the plse rate of my friends .They seem to have more than 72 average .Is it bad ?...

I think i have a heart murmur???
i think i have a heart murmur,
my mother and sister have one so ive been thinking i have one too.
it only bothers me at night usually when im trying to go to sleep and its very frustrating.<...

I got a pacemaker in September of 2005 and my doctor says I don't need it. Should I think about legal suit.

When having a heart attack do u burp with it?

Does anyone know a good website to find answers on the heart ?

How can I safely RAISE my cholesterol levels?
For years, I have had unusually low cholesterol readings - as low as 99 total cholesterol. For the same period of time I have been dealing with anxiety issues and depression. I recently found ...

Are these heart attack symptoms ?
my dad has been really cranky latly and he has fainted twice alredy he said he gets a pain on his chest and on his arm mostly on his left arm ....are these symptoms of a heart attack or stroke?...

Could this possibly be a panic attack?
am 19 years old, as far as I know I am in perfectly good health. I'm not overweight, I eat healthy. I dont excercise everyday but I get my fair share in. Last night at school I was sitting at my ...

How can you beat a siliva drug test?

Can diuretics cure shortness of breath?
I just had a baby 3 months ago (ignore picture - I'm using hubby's Yahoo account). Anyway, ever since then, I've been very short of breath and even have my hands / feet go numb, ...

Are trends towards heart disease reversible?
If you were to go to a doctor for a stress test and found that there was some partial blockage of the arteries in your heart, would improving diet and exercise (along with quitting smoking, in my ...

Cholesterol?

High blood pressure what to eat?
ok my mom and dads blood pressure was out the roof today and for awhile my dads been feeling a tad dissy thay wish to know what perhaps would be a good diet for them pleas thay need help
A...

What are the side effects of a heartb murmur and what can the doctor do to save my 2yr.old life?

Help, I have high blood pressure at 20 years old, what could be the cause?
I was suffering from a tight pain in my chest and become tired. This had been going on for a while but is getting worse now. I went to the doctor today, and he said my blood pressure was very high ...

How can you tell if your having a heart attack?
???...

abmexboi
Can some1 that just had a stroke have a 2nd one while in Hospital?
If yes, how does that happen isnt the patient being monitored?Please advise.

Charlie
Rating
If someone has had a stroke they are more prone to having another one, even if in hospital. Strokes are cause by blood clots in the brain, which aren't always cureable. Stroke patients are usually put on asprin, which thins their blood, reducing the chance of a clot forming, but its not a cure, its only a treatment.

John Reid
Rating
Yes, a second stroke can occur while the patient is being treated for stroke, and even more can happen. Not likely, but it happens.

Rating
Yes, they can. Blood clots can be very tiny and move whenever they decide to move causing the second stroke. The hospital usually monitors the patient, but they are being monitored for future strokes, etc. They have no way of monitoring the blood clots.

echo
Yes. Blood clotting can occur, even when monitored. Sorry.

OctoberGirl
Rating
Yes. A person can have a stroke while being hospitalized for a stroke. They are being monitored, but if a stroke or a T.I.A. is going to occur, it will.

John C
unfortunately it is not only possible but probable. If a patient has a stroke they are are very likely to have a second one and there is absolutely nothing that monitoring can do about it. it will monitor it and alert medical staff when it is happening but you cannot stop a stroke from happening at short notice. It is in the long term that you can improve the condition of the patient so that they will not have another stroke later. but as i say this is long term strategy.

jezbnme
Rating
it can happen. monitoring a patient does not prevent anything but it does get immediate attention to the patient which can help tremendously.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy