Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Alcohol and nicotine show up on blood test?
do they?
Additional Details
great, 24 hours? and no it isn't illegal. it's illegal to purchase but not use....

My m.r.i. said multiple sclerosis should be considered high on differential diagnosis.does that mean I have ms
I have a lot of symtoms and my Dr. thinks I have m.s so he sent me for an mri which he has not reviewed the report yet.I was 99.9% sure it would be ruling out m.s.I have a Dr's appt.In the ...

I smoked marijuana once 2 years ago. Will my heart beat a bit fast as before and will be like that forever?

Is WPW syndrome considered to be a type of heart disease?
I have this medication that says don't take if you have heart disease. I have wpw syndrome, which is a sort of irregular heartbeat, nothing serious. Can i take the medication?
Additional ...

Is prehypertension a disease?
I'm 28, m, 5'11', 167lbs. I have been monitoring my blood pressure for past 2 days. It is always averaging 126-134 (systolic) and 76-82 (diastolic). My pulse is also high averaging 100....

Is it a heart attack if u felt pain in the left side of your chest, when u took deep breaths?

Additional Details
....i'm liking the gas one best, but.....to be more specific, it didn't hurt when i took shallow breaths. otherwise it was painful....like if i had to move ...

Can i take methotrexate & warfarin?
i take methotrexate for my atharitus and i've had heart palpatations and have been advised to take warfarin, i'm worried what the out come would be mixing these two drugs together....

Am I a bad person for cutting my patient's L-Vad wire?
Even though he was my fiance.......

What tests rule out heart disease?
What tests are done to rule out heart disese?

Whats the difference between heart disese and heart disorders?...

Lowering Blood Pressure?
I had a sudden onset of high blood pressure this past month. I don't know if this is related, but I had sinus surgery less than a week ago. I was really surprised that the condition came on so ...

Heart murmur?
i am going into the military but they said that i have a possible Heart Murmur. what is the best home treatment for this promblem.
and can they detect this in a blood test?

Is it bad to have low blood pressure?
Whenever I go to the drug store and use the machines I always have lower than normal blood pressure
Today the first number was 107
the second was 69
and the beats per minute was 80

What is the effect of hypertension to heart disease?
Relationship of hypertension and heart disease....

Does being obese clog arteries and create heart problems?

I'm 16 and have high cholesterol, its genetics. what are the chances of having a heart attack later in life?

What is the pathophysiology of cardiomegaly?
pt. has hypertention and cx impressions pt. has cardiomegaly and atheromatous aorta....

Heart Murmur?
Sometimes randomly, my heart beat goes rapidly fast. When we went to the hospital they measured it to be 208 beats/minute. My friend had it and he said it was called a heart murmur. Anyways, is there ...

Medicines for reducing triglycerides?
I am heart patient had by pass surgery 50 years old now have 410 triglycerides and SVSDL 84 please write the correct name of medicine I am vegetarian and under strict diet control .Do not smoke or ...

Anyone have any information on aortic stenosis?
I need any information on the vaulve replacement procedure, recovery period, ...

Irregular heart rhythm please help?
my mom has irregular heart rhythm what can she do to regultize her heart rhythm?
Additional Details
she has been to the doctors and is taking medication be i was wondering if there are ...

atreyu17244
Can i take ativan and propranolol ( a beta blocker) at the same time?
is it safe?
Additional Details
ok they're not to lose weight. one is for my anxiety disorder the other for a heart problem.

Aneta K
Rating
I think you can. What you doctor said? didn't he tell you? I don't know of any interactions between these two drugs. You shouldn't drink alcohol while on Ativan (lorazepam) or take CNS depressants, anticonvulsants. Herbs like kava-kava and valerian can increase the effect, so don;t take those. The same alcohol - don't drink whole taking Ativan. Coffe however, especially in large amounts can alter anxiolytic effect of Ativan. After propranolol you may also feel dizzy, drowsy, experience mild hypotension. Change position slowly and avoid prolong standing. But anyways I would ask you health care provider.

Abby
Rating
I really don't know but they don't work there is only one way to lose weight, Eat healthy and exercise.

butterrose
Rating
I would wait at least an hour between meds

xxx
Rating
Yes I do it every day.

jayaraman
PROPRANOLOL is a beta-adrenergic blocking agent. Propranolol blocks the action of the sympathetic nervous system, a portion of the involuntary nervous system. The sympathetic nervous system stimulates the pace of the heart beat. By blocking the action of these nerves, propranolol reduces the heart rate and is useful in treating abnormally rapid heart rhythms. Propranolol also reduces the force of heart muscle contraction and lowers blood pressure. By reducing the heart rate and the force of muscle contraction, propranolol reduces heart muscle oxygen demand. Since angina occurs when oxygen demand of the heart exceeds supply, propranolol is helpful in treating angina.

ATIVAN is a tranquilizer given for patients not getting usual sleep. There is absolutely no if they both are taken together and there with not be any contradiction and drug interactions.

But it is better to completely avoid ativan and you will get addicted and aftersome time you will not get sleep at all without takeing it. Please avoid this medicine-

rntroublemaker
There shouldn't be a problem. They both work differently in the body and don't have any type of interaction with each other. There are other factors to consider such as your own heart rate and blood pressure. If both are low and you take the ativan, depending on your sensitivity to the medications, it may create an adverse reaction. You can always call your local pharmacist and ask to determine any potential drug intereactions with ativan and propranolol. My experience in medicine, I don't believe there to be any.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, July 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy