Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Heart burn?
I get constant heartburn after I eat....can anyone please help me out and tell me what I can ...

Can you take an at home Cholesterol test or do you have to go to the doctor?

What exercises should I go for if I want to get rid of only the extra fat around my waist??
Looking for stepwise instructions......

I have aortic valve insufficiency, do I need heart surgery (valve replacement) and when?

Does anyone suffer from palpitations (skipped beats) with a heart rate that is not rapid?
I have taken the nuclear stress test because of palpitations and a rapid heart rate that showed up on an EKG. I was on 25mg of Toprol before that. The doctor said the test was normal but my resting ...

How does someone know they have cardiomyopathy?
Sometimes I have shortness of breath but my doctor told me it's related to anxiety. I will admit that when I get anxious I get very short of breath and tend to panic, and that when I'm not ...

48 yr old male has open hrt surgery has kidney and liver fail,developed burnt like chars on hand and feet why?
My husband has been in criticle condition for the past 18 days now I understand about the liver and kidneys failing as part of the risk with open heart procedures, what I dont understand is why are ...

Life expectancy for unstable angina patient?

I have a probllem of getting heart atack what can i do ?

What would be the cost of Angioplasty heart operation inclusive of medicine, care, in a good hospital in India
How many days a patient to be stayed in Hospital. During the post-operation period how many days will take rest. What are the consequences after Angioplasty heart operation....

What should you not eat if tou have dietbets?

Where can i find the ingrediance for tobacco?
i need to know all the ingrediance for smoking tabbcco for a project in school....

Can someone please tell me if there is someone out there that preforms gastric bypasses at reduce rate.?
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT PREFORMS GASTRIC BYPASSES AT A REDUCED RATE. I NEED ONE BAD BUT MY INSURANCE COMPANY WILL NOT PAY FOR IT EVEN THOUGH IT IS A MAJOR HEALTH...

How can you avoid high blood pressure?

Please help, Really worried.?
~One of my best friends has this thing where his heart starts beating unbelievably fast and he gets out of breath and it is hard for him to breathe, it happened today when we were out shopping and i ...

I need to find information on high blood pressure?
my husbands blood pressure is over 100 on the bottom number thats very high isn't it?...

How can i cure my bad heart burn / acid reflux?

Help me my heart burn attact just right now?what fast remedy?

Serious new medical symptoms....medical proff. or similar sufferers please help!!?
Help!

I am 37, always been reasonably healthy except for a bad migraine condition

In the past 2 weeks I have suddenly begin to have the following symptoms:
Irregular heart ...

Is triple heart bypass surgery dangerous than most surgeries?
my english's teachers father is having this triple heart bypass surgery. he got this three arteries blocked. i will say it is dangerous. what do you think?...

anoletat
Can I get tattoos while on Plavix?

Chris
Rating
Honestly, I wouldn't, since the risk of bleeding is fairly high with Plavix - in fact, I doubt your tattooist will even do it. Obviously, the bleeding wouldn't be life-threatening, but I suspect it might screw up the tattoo. As to whether it's safe to stop the Plavix (and you'll need to stop it 5 days ahead of time to allow it to wear off), that depends exactly why you're taking it, and your doctor is better able to clarify the risk for you specifically.

Incidentally, the spectrum of heart conditions for which prophylactic antibiotics is *genuinely* indicated (as opposed to the much larger group for which it is often prescribed) is smaller than you or even your doctor might think. It probably doesn't help worth a damn, anyway - you get bacteria transiently in your blood every single day when you brush your teeth. Most of why we prescribe antibiotics is to avoid getting sued by the patient who *is* unlucky enough to get an infection, not out of any actual conviction that it does any good.

atv_chick_2003
Rating
I'm not sure about while on plavix but when i was on Coumadin i was not allowed, i wasn't even allowed to use a normal disposiable razor i had to use the VEET non blade razors to shave with
ask your doc. he'/she would be able to tell you with out a doubt if it's okay or not

MC
NO way! You are at risk for bleeding.

Wendy C
Rating
You probably should not since bleeding will be more than normal. Also if you tell the tattooist they probably won't do it either if you are on Plavix or other medication such as Coumadin that keeps the blood thinner and not causing clots.

I am on Coumadin and I wanted to get a tatoo on my ankle, but my doctor would not let me and the tattooist would not do it either. Also they say there is a higher risk of infection since I am on Coumadin, I have to take antibiotics (prophylaxis treatment) before getting my teeth cleaned etc.

But check with your doctor and see what he/she says.

fran j
Rating
Wait and find out from experts

Nico
Rating
Your doctor will have to prescribe an antibiotic before you can get a tattoo while on medication especially if it's for a heart condition.

KIZIAH
This is a question I would ask my doctor. You might bleed too much from it, and you might get poor results from the tattoo.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy