Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

My heart for a while was hurting really bad,for about a week now and it just hurts bad were my left arm hurts
ALSO WHEN I PUT PRESSURE ON MY CHEST IT HURTS REALLY BAD ,LIKE WHEN I TAKE A SHOWER ,I ALSO GET SHARP PAINS AND UNDER MY LEFT ARM TO MY SHOULDERS IS IN PAIN.I WENT TO THE DOCTER ON FRIDAY FOR CRAMPING...

Does anyone know of an alternative non prescription way of controlling a 15 yr old with ADD?
and the child is also on his third pacemaker with no other limiting factors....

Why would someone have a massive heart attack after a long flight ?
I friend of mind had a massive heart attack after arriving home from Nigeria to M...

Life expetancy after heart surgery?
what are the chances of a person's life expectancy after they have had a quadruple bypass surgery in their mid 40's.
Would the grafts last as normal arteries would?...

Why does a Doctor put someone on a Heart Recorder?
What are they looking for when they put you on a heart recorder? They are keeping it on for 2 weeks....

How strong is the pain in the left arm during a MI?
I'm fairly certain that I have had yet another panic attack, because the Xanax helped with the majority of the symptoms, but I've got a lingering pain in my left arm. It's not a ...

Does high blood pressure cause slight headache and dizziness?

I am on bp medication and would like to stop?
I have started taking one a day instead of two and my bp is fine ,do you think its safe to give it a try.im ment to take 2 x 12.5 pills a ...

How can you keep Cholesterol down without medicine?

Which medical term decribes the rhythm of a dying heart?

My mom found out she had a heart attack and didnt even know it. is this common?
shes 75, plays golf almost everyday. hasnt smoked for years. in the last three years shes lost a husband and a daughter....

During an open heart surgery do doctors freeze the body of their patients?
Like pouring ice all over the body before the heart is stopped...I heard somebody said something about it a long time ago. Is this really true?
Additional Details
Barabara nope i know ...

Does anyone know anything about an enlarged heart?
can a person keep the same active lifestyle they had before they found out?...

Whats wrong with my heart?
Since last night I've been having these weird palpitations in my heart.
There is a history of heart disease in my family, and many people close to me have suffered from heart attacks.

Heart in my leg???
uhh a week ago i had a pumping feeling in my leg and it felt like a heart obviously its not it went away but i told my friend about this does anyone know if this is a symptom of anything?...

What is the number of heart attacks (on average) a person can get before dying of one?

What is 143?
a: i love you b:what is that c: ...

Can this be a heart disease sign?
Sometimes I feel that my heart stops to beat for a short momment and then starts to beat again with a more pressure with a 'bump'like sound ,I dont feel pain but discomfort,I have some ...

19 yr old heart attack?
i am a 19 yr old male with overweight stomach, but in shape everywhere else. i'm having some pain in my bicep area only. should i proceed to the hospital to have it checked out?...

Can someone go on coma for a few mintues and come back out of it?

v d
Blood pressure high in right arm, normal in left arm. Does it matter which arm I take my blood pressure in?

freddie
It does not matter which arm, unless you've had breast surgery. It will always be differnt in each arm.

Ava
I found out through personal experience that you need to have your blood pressure taken on the same side each time.They do normally read a bit different.Don't think it's a big difference though. You will also read different sitting down or standing up. They had me come in and sit quietly with my arms and legs uncrossed,no talking and relaxed.This is supposed tro give a true reading. When they are able to catch most people in ths relaxed state of mind in our regular, daily grind beats me though.

versantly
Rating
not really -keep track of your blood pressure over 2 weeks. take the results to your doctor and discuss.

medic7876
Rating
No, not unless one arm is impaired in some way. It will be different EVERY time you take it anyway. It is based on a {within normal limits} range.

froog123456
Rating
it shouldn't matter if both of your arms are full strength and normal. If you've had an injury or a stroke or something in one arm it is considered ur weak arm and u should take the Blood pressure in your strong arm. The blood pressure on both of your arms should be the same so i would go to the doctors and ask what's causing the difference.

80's baby
Rating
It does matter..YOur spposed to do it on the left arm..4got why but doctor told me one time.

soeur_deux_de_ny2005
For one thing that is not normal it is a sign of a real problem/ you need to tell your doctor if you have one if not get one.Your blood pressue tells how your heart is pumping and if its normal on one side and not the the other you could be having a problem with your heart or a vein or blood vessel you need to get it checked

elev1023
Normally it doesn't matter which arm you use to take your blood pressure. If you have an injury of some kind in one arm it is best to use the one that is not injured. If the difference between arms is significant ( different by more than a couple of numbers ) you should seek medical attention. There may be arterial damage of some kind which is causing the difference. Try taking the measurements with 2 blood pressure cuffs at the same time, and see if you are still getting differing results. It may just be that the movement of the cuff from one arm to the other is changing your pressure. Blood pressure does fluctuate some normally depending on your activity and how relaxed you are at the time it is taken. If you have high blood pressure readings throughout the day, even when at rest, you should seek medical care immediately.

My Dear
Rating
If there's significant different then you should better get it checked by doctor.

Harmony
Rating
It shouldn't. Have you had an injury or surgery on one arm?

rachel h
hiya,
i have to have blood pressure taken every week and often wondered why they always did it on my left arm,i did ask and they said it was because your right arm is nearest to your heart,so it will always be higher in your right arm.So they take it on your left arm to get a right reading.hope this helps

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 2, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy