Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Why do you think I'm lightheaded,nauseated,and my heart is racing?

Should anyone start an aspirin regiment?
I've read about all the wonderful benefits of taking one 81mg aspirin per day. However, when is a good time to start this? I'm 30 and heart disease does run in my family, however, I'...

I've been found to have a serious heart disease. I'm really scared, help me.?
I am a thirty year old woman, you may recognise me from writing about my daughter who had lung cancer. Now I'e got a serious heart disease and I'm scared the same thing will happen to me. I ...

How much is the chance of surviving the coronary bypass operation for a 63 y/o?

Tell me best remedies of reduce my blood pressure ?

Am I destined for an early grave!!!!?
Impossible question to ask ,I know! The thing is, my mums side of the family are all healthy and strong and my gran (83yrs) and a few of her siblings (all older than herself) are still going strong! M...

What,causes for Heart Attack?

Has anyone taken an EKG (heart) scan and does it hurt?
well im going to the doctor next week to get a regular check up...and i really want to take an EKG scan, i dont know if there is something wrong with my heart or not (i have had somewhat pains or ...

What is a safe and natural way to lower cholesterol?

How can i lower my blood pressure naturally?
it's not ridiculously high or anything(still within normal range), it's just that it's higher than it usually is and higher than i'd like it to be....

My friend was sweating and his heart was pounding, what can I do?
He lives an hour from me, but it is 12:30 at night.
The last time I spoke to him was around 10:30 pm.

He isn't answering my calls, texts or emails.
Additional Details<...

Does chest pain mean a heart attack?
I have minor but sharp pain on the left side, sometimes the right side of my ribcage, does this mean a heart attack?...

I am swollen, weak, hate doctors, and am dying of congestive heart disease, how are you?
just how bad are the doctors and zany nurses in the us? should we exxpect them to give a damn? is that an absurd question? should they explain carefully what to do and what to expect if the know you ...

When and why is warfarin prescribed?

Can u get high blood pressure by worring ?

Not looking for sympathy, just an honest answer that makes sense.?
In September I was diagnosed with COPD (Emphysema) then I had open heart surgery (CABG) in October, 5 bypasses were put in. I found out at that time I also have Idiopathic Intristital Pulmonary F...

Doctors only please! my girlfriend has a heart problem i need help!?
my girlfriend was born with a hole in her heart..she cannot do surger becuase the area is too sensitive..she took medicine to have the tissue cover the whole..but her heart has eben hurtin her ...

My dad had a massive heart attack at 42. My mom had 1 at 50. What might my chances be of having one?
I know I can ask my Dr but they're closed til Tuesday.
Additional Details
I had the exact symptoms once but they said it was a major panic attack. As for being healthy, I eat fruit &...

Why isnt my high blood pressure under control even when I take medication?
I am currently under 2 medications (Ambeon & Benicar HD) and my HBP is still giving me headaches on the back of my neck, I know by experance that this where HBP headaches happend. What could be ...

Could my mom get a heart attack from this?
she is about 38 and i planted a rubber mouse in a cabinet XD so when she opens she will think its a mouse and freak. could she get a serious attack from it?...

bernie c
Blood pressure 168 over 86 is it really high?
just wanted to know if it is bad I know smoking and salt effect it, are there any other things that would make it high like stress Thanks
Additional Details
Take Rampril 1 at night been increased to 1 in the morning as well, do smoke(bad me) have to have extra salt due to another illness. Age 49, female, 5ft 2, 7st 12lb and was sitting.

This would be mild hypertension. Stress can definitely affect blood pressure.

mybetterday
Rating
Normal bp is 120 over 80 ,yes stress can effect it.Cut down on
salt,coffee and slow down. Enjoy life.

emilybronte
Rating
It is high,. Basically it's one of many risk factors for a heart attack or a stroke.
Other risk factors include:- smoking, poor diet ( high salt, low fibre, high fat), Obesity, diabetes, inactive lifestyle, high cholesterol and family history of heart disease / stroke, esp under age of 60.. also stress is taken into consideration. The more of the above risk factors you have the greater your % risk of having a stroke / heart attack.
I suggest you get your cholesterol level checked and know your family history ( first line relatives, that is mum,dad, siblings). best of luck and cut down on that salt! x

Hoolia
Rating
Yes, that is really high, especially for the top number (168). Obesity and lack of exercise will do that. Certain drugs interacting with certain herbs do that. Are you eating or drinking anything illegal? Because those illegals substance could be reacting in your body in any number of unknown ways, including making your blood pressure go out of whack. Talk to your doc.

Barberry
Rating
I hate to tell you this because you've heard it a million times, I'm sure, but as long as you smoke, you stand a very high risk for a stroke. Your blood pressure is too high. Smoking causes your vessels to constrict, leading to a higher blood pressure. You are slowly killing your kidneys, and believe me a life on a dialysis machine is not fun. Having a stroke which takes away your ability to talk or to function normally is not a good way to go through life.

I guarantee that if you stop smoking, your blood pressure will improve drastically. Your doctor can prescribe the patch and behaviour modification therapy for you. If you really want to help yourself, you will get rid of your cigarettes. Nothing anyone else will tell you will help as much.

Phish
Rating
Your blood pressure is a little high, but it's the lower figure that tells part of the story.

Ideally, you want about 120/70, so 86 is a little high, but not dangerously so. However, you do need to lower it, and salt, smoking, excess weight and stress all contribute to high BP. Lose a few pounds gradually, don't smoke, try not to stress unduly (easily said in today's world, not so easily done), and lay off the salt pot, look for low salt alternatives in all foods, and take regular exercise, 20 mins twice a day.

If none of this works, then your GP should be able to provide a suitable medication to lower your BP. Don't leave it, it gets worse with age, and the damage is being done without you noticing till it's too late. I know, I have had 3 heart attacks and a triple artery bypass already, and I am only 50. Don't leave it like I did. Stay healthy.

<3 skittles <3
stress?!

Behaviorist
Extremely high! It can be hereditary, but environmental issues like your diet, excess weight and smoking can affect it, too. Your doctor will provide medication if he or she deems it appropriate. High blood pressure has a high correlation with heart attack and stroke so don't take any chances.

Dum
Stress will raise it, sometimes just seeing the doctor in a white coat can raise it. (White coat syndrome). Age makes a difference.

froggerty
Its pretty high around 135 can be dangerous. Being nervous doesnt help

Ali
Rating
What time of the day was your bp taken as it affects the systolic reading? (86)

Certainly stress can push up blood pressure for sure.

huggz
Rating
Stress will make it higher.
Yes its high, normal is around 120/70.

rlc_60504
Rating
Stress.. caffeine Yes..it's high...should be somewhere around 120 over 80 or less.

ladyjadra
168/86 is high. average textbook blood pressure is 120/80. If you had it taken soon after you smoked or drank a caffinated beverage than it may have been elevated due to this. If I were you I would go to a local drugstore and buy a digital blood pressure cuff not a wrist one they aren't as accurate and start a log of your blood pressures at different times of day and with different activity levels after a week send it to your doctor and ask his opinion it will give you a better idea if you have a problem than 1 reading.

waynebudd
bad......... hypertensive.......... over 140 while at rest is getting risky.

bmac
Here is a chart explaining blood pressure readings:

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/hbp/detect/categ.htm

If you want a heart-healthy diet, go to the American Cancer Society and look at their diet.

mikey_mossom
Rating
Sounds like you caught in a go no go situation. I'm similar except the sodium level you have to take This problem is solved for me by a diet of sodium 0.5 mg per 100gms of food years ago this was very hard to do, easy today.Needed a supplier from the hospital for it. You didn't mention potassium also a problem little or none if pos. things like summer fruits,coffee and chocolate, (sorry), anything that ends in berry a no go. Stress is a major factor in all ailments, just about makes everything worse but that's what we do. Have a look at some sites how to reduce stress

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy