Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Iam getting pain in my chest or can say heart can it be a heart problem or gastric?

Help me think of a creative title for this : how does coffee affect blood pressure.?
I need you to help me think of a cretive title for this : how does coffee affect blood pressure....

What should you do if a person is having a heart attack?
Besides Calling 911... what actions should you take? Are you supposed to put their legs up or something? give them aspirin?...

Can a doctor or anyone with knowledge tell me the life expectancy of my father?
My dad is 52 years old. He had his first heart attack of 3 - 9 years ago. He is still very active although he has had 2 open heart surgeries (6 bipasses) a diffibrillator (sp?) & has ...

I have a cholesterol level of 288, what does that mean, I am 32?

A few days ago my heart did a freaky thing...?
I was in my van and I was driving and it felt like my heart spazzed out. It wasn't painful but it was very uncomfortable and scarry. What happened? My heart does this every once in a while ...

During a congestive heart failure, how many minutes does the human brain have without oxygen to survive?
How long can the human brain survive without oxygen?...

Arrhythmia ? ???????
is arrhythmia dangerous? i used to have it, but then it sort of stopped for like 10 years. now i feel like i'm experiencing it again. i don't know much about it so i just want to know if i ...

Please help me i have heart problems!
for several years now ive suffered with heart palpitations and an irregular heartbeat, also panic attacks and if i run really fast i get out of breath and struggle to get my breathing and rhythym ...

Can cholesterol medication raise liver enzymes?

Panic Attack or Heart Attack, how can you tell?
Seemingly, both feel very similar, and the worse the panic attack the more it seems like a heart attack. I'm wondering if anyone can help shed some light on this matter, because most people can&...

Why is my pulse rate low?
I'm 26yrs Im not not over weight dont exercise or smoke and rarely drink my resting pulse is 53 should I be worried?
Additional Details
Im not fit though I dont ...

Blood pressure question?
what does it mean if your blood pressure is 100/72...

Should i go on the top thrill dragster im terrified of having a heart attack and dying.?
i want to show my dad im not afraid but i dont want to get injured or die or get stuck up there. i love rollercoasters but this one not so much. how can i get over my fear of this beast....

How do i lower my pulse?
My pulse rate when i went down to MEPS for the navy was 125 and i got disqualified until i get it lowered. Anyone have any tips on how to lower it? Also i get extremely nervous when i go to any ...

How much damage is done physically by constant psychological stress over a long period of time?
Would it cause heart damage?

Let's say everyday you feel your heart pounding hard in your chest and the blood rushing sound in your ears and you can't get your heart to calm down:...

How bad are these Cholesterol readings?
Cholesterol = 276
Triglycerides = 257
HDL = 47
LDL = 178
CHOL/HDL = 5.9
LDL/HDL = 3.8...

What are symptoms for women having heart attack?
are they same as for man?...

Which sportsperson has the lowest standing heart rate?
A debate over whether Schumi has the lowest standing heartrate has sparked this question. Looking to find out who that person would be and what the standing heartrate is.
Thanks,
R...

What is the sign of having a toxic?s there any one who knew it?
sometyms i felt nervous,and my heart beaten faster....and it seems im getting colapse.what is this?...

cve5190
Blood Pressure for a 17-year-old girl?
I've measured my blood pressure a few times (we're studying the circulatory system in Anatomy -- I'm not a hyposchondriac!)

My blood pressure is 101/65. Is this normal for a 17-year-old white girl? Is it on the high or low end?
Additional Details
5'1
115 lbs (but I'm not fat or chunky).
Not really athletic.
I don't drink pop (or soda).
I often feel dizzy (but not necessarily faint).

eatdrinkandbemerryformorrowudie
Rating
hi
dont worry doc
your bp is perfectly normal
and i am sure your arm is a bit small for the bp cuff
The standard size, with a 5-inch-wide cuff, is designed for adults with an arm of average size. When this cuff is applied to a small arm, the pressure is underestimated.
even if that isnt so, your bp is in the normal range
so, unless you are having dizziness, syncope, palpitations, orthostatic hypotension or any other symptom, you need not worry,
thanks

HummingbirdHI
Generally, a blood pressure reading with the top number being 100-130 and the bottom number being 60-80 is considered healthy. But...Are you a physically active person? Do you exercise regularly, or participate in sports regularly? Is your physical stature on the slender or petite side? All these things can affect what is a "normal" blood pressure reading. Healthy, slender women tend to run on the low side, and athletes of either gender also run lower. Are you drinking enough fluids, and not soda or other caffeine containing beverages? Even being slightly dehydrated can lower your blood pressure, and caffeine can act as a diuretic, causing you to eliminate even more fluid. If you are concerned, please consult your doctor, especially if you have symptoms such as dizziness and being light headed, especial when you go from a seated to standing position.

Cinderella
you would be in the normal range.

Courtenay B
Rating
A perfect reading is 120/80. Your reading seems jut a bit low, but still in a good range, I would mention it at your next check up.

Steve B
Rating
prob normal...maybe a liitle low,but,no big issue....low end

jonmm
Rating
It is on the low side of normal. If it goes lower consistently, you may want to find out from your doctor if any treatment / medications might be a good idea.

Normal blood pressure is generally 100-125 / 60-80.

itsjustme
Rating
Your blood pressure is good. Take your vitamins and drink some milk with that water. Even if you don't like white milk, dilute chocolate milk with a little bit of white. Girls need calcium. don't worry unnecessarily-your bp is good. I'm an ICU nurse.

KingstonGal
Rating
That is actually normal, unless you know otherwise. BP is sopose to be below 120/80 ... and some ppl have a low blood pressure and that is their norm. Like athletes usally have low BP and low HR because they are so active and their cardiac system is working alot more efficently. Anyhow you are fine, unless you start feeling really dizzy when standing suddenly, or some visual disturbances you are fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy