Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Mhy blood pressure was 157/107 last night. How bad is it? I am 29 YO. I dont understand.?

Additional Details
I have taken it 3 times and it has been about the same....

High pulse rate????....Today I felt like I was going to faint, had short of breath, had the shakes.....?
and my heart was pounding soo fast. I took my blood pressure and it was 123/91...w/ a pulse rate of 124.....whats was wrong with me...I'm scared to go to work tomorrow, I dont want to have ...

Does Salt REALLY effect high blood pressure?

How could someone in nearly perfect health die from cardiac arrest?
This really nice guy at my school died during soccer practice, and all I really could find out about how it happened was that he had cardiac arrest. It's been bothering me for a while.....could ...

I recently discovered my cholesterol is at 233. My doctor wants me to take medication, but I'd rather not.
Any tips for lowering cholesterol without the use of drugs? Does red wine help lower cholesterol? Your advice is greatly appreciated!...

Is My Pulse Normal???
my pulse is faster when i breath in and slower when i breath out is that at all normal?????...

What is the cure for heart failure?

Fluttering in chest?
I got in a car accident about 2 months ago, ever since then I have noticed that I get this fluttering in my chest, not by my heart but more in the center of my chest and also I get short of breath is ...

What is it called when your heart just randomly stops?
What are the names of conditions where your heart just randomly stops for a period of time.?

Someone I know has this condition and is in the hospital right now, but I want to know what ...

What is a murmur in the heart?

What do to about high blood pressure?
whats the best way to lower high blood pressure? what diet can i go on? i know i should be eating a lot of calcium and iron, what else can i do? my health insurance doesnt kick in until October so i ...

My grandma said she has algina in her heart, but I can not seem to find out what it is, can you answer this?

Uses for Cardizem?

Can high blood pressure cause weird symptoms?
I have these weird wrinkles in the center of my back and i feel pressure in my whole body. I also have a tingly feeling in by shoulders and back (sometimes in chest.) And my heart beat pounds really ...

Resting heart rate 85 per minute?
Is it normal???...

How far can an ECG test go towards diagnosing a heart condition?
what are the limitations of an ecg, can they show signs for the majority of heart conditions? I have been experiencing rapid heart rates at random times with intermittent chest pain on occasions. I ...

What does an Angina attack feel like?
Over the last several years I have had chest pain, sharp, pinching type, but nothing in my left arm. When I asked the doctors abour it a couple years back, they said I just had "air bubbled&...

How to slow down your heart beat?
How to slow down your heart beat?...

I have shortness of breath and body aches and chest feels very tight should i go to er?
have also ached for days now feel like been beat up i am 52 ...

Blood pressure on exercise, should it go up? mine was 138-105?
i took a blood pres reading immediatley after exercise, it was 138-105. is this ok as bottom figure seems high. or should i take it more easy, i am frightened to exercise now, but i know you need to. ...

Cherry P
An elderly person who has just had congestive heart failure, is it ok for him to eat pizza and drink 1/2a beer

EA
Rating
NO! It is not ok. But check with the cardiologist.

Gypsy Rose
Rating
definitely not.

dont risk it.. better safe than sorry!

Dr. L
ask their doctor....

doktor smudge
Rating
No, the high GI will not do him any good whatsoever.

Elmer F
NO!!!!!!!!! The pizza is loaded w/sodium. They'll go right back into CHF. Lose the booze, too. Have some non-alcoholic instead.

sue
Rating
Why would you want to make an elderly person totally miserable by denying them anything because you are greedy and want to keep them on this earth longer!!
Skaykrow and Cornbread are so totally correct!!

Order the pizza!! Let him have the beer!! Life is too short as it is!! Enjoy and savor every day with your elderly person!! Order the Death by Chocolate cake as well!!

We are only on this earth for a measured span of time. I would truly hate to be in my great aunt's shoes where her daughters are feeding her only what "is good for her according to the doctors"!! She is 98 years old!! She has no siblings left! She has no peers at all left!! No old school chums to sit and shoot the breeze with.

Feed your elder the foods he/she wants to eat!! Let them have their beer!

cornbread_oracle
Rating
Skayrkroh is right. It boils down to quality of life. When living with congestive heart failure, as I do also, one has to make these choices more thoughtfully. You can't totally deny yourself indulgences you really enjoy, but you can limit your intake to reduce the risk. My weakness is Dr. Pepper -- and considering that I also have arrhythmia -- it's not the best choice of beverage for me. But I don't keep it in the house and I don't drink it everyday. When I do drink it, I savor it twice as much. Life is to be lived.

skayrkroh
Rating
Cherry P~
I have congestive heart failure. I eat pizza and drink a beer or 2 on occasion. The biggest problem is the sodium in the pizza and retaining water from the beer. Whatever.
In the beginning we measured & counted every nibble and swallow- it was chaos and I was miserable. My biggest problems now are because I have a new, mechanical mitral valve and have to do the Coumadin thing- which bites. I also have a pacemaker / defibrulator- not because of any bad habits- because I had cancer 35 years ago...
IF this elderly person (I'm 47 now), doesn't have any new or replacement parts- the only limit should be how much they enjoy their life. Taking supplements like CoQ10, folic acid, Vitamin A, Super B, C & E, magnesium, eating bananas & drinking V-8 juice will help balance any bad diet choices. Life is short girlfriend- next time, YOU order the pizza and have them put extra cheese on it!
Nagging them or being overly worried will only bum them out. A postivie outlook is the best medicine. Attitude IS everything & I have the scars to prove it. Life is a beautiful adventure- make the most of it and laugh loudly often. Love you, God bless!

miss-snoopy
First CHF is a disease and it doesn't just go away.Usually it gets progressively worse.Don't add to the suffering by not sticking to a healthy diet.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy