Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I need food ideas for my father with Congestive Heart Failure (CHF)?
My 76 year old father was recently diagnosed with CHF. He is to have "no salt" (at all) in his diet going forward. He lives alone and I'm having a hard time finding things NO salt to ...

High blood pressure?
My blood pressure is 175 over 103 and I think the biggest culprits are salt and alcohol. I f I give up booxe and cut right down on salt how long will it take for my blood pressure to come down?. Can ...

I have high blood pressure and pretty much in under control.Can I still get heart attack or cardiac arrest?
I have high blood pressure and pretty much in under control.Can I still get heart attack or cardiac arrest ?People who has no blood pressure can still get heart attack or die of cardiac arrest?...

This ? concerns health --- physical health. Acid indigestion or the onset of a heart attack?
If you have what you think is severe acid indigestion, could this be the sign of the onset of a heart attack? How can you find out for sure? Many yrs. ago, my paternal grandfather died of a heart ...

What occurs if there is no or limited blood supply to the heart muscle?

Can you just out of no where become lactose and tolerant?
I used to drink tons of milk everyday. But lately whnever i drink it it gives me a pain in my stomach. And i dont really drink that much anymore. I can tell because ive got the lines in my nails ...

What are the risks of smoking after an aorta and valve heart operation?
My morher about a year ago had an open heart surgery. Which concluded in replacing the valve with a mecanic one and her aorta was replaced with a plastic tubing and i just recently confirmed she ...

Do you think i have heart disease?
I am 14 years old.I get this really short sharp pain of my heart sometimes.It felt like my heart is being tightened for a few seconds.It also felt like my heart is having difficulty pumping.Is this ...

Anyone on line? im getting heart palps and scared,?

Is it possbile to lower total cholestrol 40 points?

What does it mean when you snorted three lines of meth and started fainting, and heart was hurting?
My heart was also hurting. What does this mean?...

Does not getting enough sleep put stress on the heart?
Can exhaustion and not getting enough sleep put stress on the heart that can in turn lead to heart attacks or pain?...

Richard Beckinsale died of a heart attack at 31. Who might be the youngest person dying of a heart attack?

What kind of medications are you on?

" How can we reverse heart disease, the leading cause of death in the United States ?

Do man prefer long or short hair?
I always wondered about man liking long or short hair and also like to know do man really prefer blondes? Thinking about cutting my hair and changing it to dark ( I got long red hair).Sorry guys but I...

Heart conditions? Please help!!!?
I have fainted twice in two weeks, so I went to the docters. They gave me an EKG test. It came out negative. But they think there is something else in my heart. So they drew my blood to check to see ...

Cholesterol readings?
Is a cholesterolof 6.3 considered very danderous?...

My blood press. read 175/110. 30 mins later i had 140/180 how is that possible?
My Docs assistant made the first measurement and the Doc him self made the second measurment. so i don't know if i got high blood press. or ...

What does a heart attack feel like?
because i have a pain in the middle of my chest when i take a deep breath/
Additional Details
just for more info
I dont smoke, my blood pressure is ok (checked regularly and I am ...

Andii
19 Year Old Dies From A Blood Clot?
I have a friend who was 19 or 20 and she recently died in her sleep from a blood clot that was too close to her heart. This now has me worried as to what caused it because i don't know what causes blood clots. She was overweight, but i don't know if that would have to do with it. Now that has me worried because of course i don't want that happening to me or anyone else i know so can anyone tell me what causes a blood clot like that this young, and how can you prevent that. She basically had a heart attack from what i was told.

tejaswini j
Rating
Basically your friend not died due to heart attack. She was obese to her age your friend died due to Pulmonary thrombo-embolism.Complaint was chest pain,congestion in chest.You dont have to worry because it is not a virus & not a air borne disease or resuscive diseases.If you see any patient of this condition then first had to get hospitalised.
So therefore basically to do blood test of PTTK with PT with INR

J-BIRD
Rating
blood clots are pretty uncommon, dying from them is even more uncommon. the most common way of getting one is a blunt force injury. it causes the bloods platelets to pool, if this reaches the heart or brain, it can be deadly

xrandomnessx
Im so sorry to hear that.. I dont know much about that though.

talktomax8
Exercise destroys bloodclots. Run your butt off!

TotallyME
Rating
this is complicated...blot clot happen following a cascade...the factor are just to many...try saerch for it in medical website.

leigha
So sorry to hear that, its just one of those things, they say taking an asprin a day helps thin the blood, but you must check with your gp first.

shaz r
Rating
Blood clots are one of those things that happen from time to time and can be caused by a number of things. Being overweight can add to the risk I believe. Also being inactive during a long air flight.Smoking or a hard blow to a part of the body can also be a factor. It is unusual in one so young, but does happen. I shouldn't worry too much if I were you. The best person to see, to put your mind at rest, would be your doctor.

Variant
yes totally. Being overweight puts pressure on blood vessles, and restricts blood flow expecially if sitting in one position for too long. Hence the reason they warn you to wear flight socks on an airplane. ALso, people with blood conditions (Antiphosphid lipid syndrome) are at high risk, people with MS and other medical conditions. Best solution is to do what I need to (but dont)- drink LOTS OF WATER and become more active.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy