Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

Bradycardia?
My resting heart rate is usually 55-65. It says on the internet that this could be a sign of Bradycardia. I am not overly concerned about this, I just wondered if a low resting heart rate could ...

Can I get tattoos while on Plavix?

Is this BP normal for a 17 old male?
around 120/60 most times. But sometimes it `s about 140/50? (the big number increases while the other decreases)
has this anything to do with the hart rate: 60/min?...

Are defibrillators only good when the patient has a irregular heart beat or can it start a stopped heart?
please include website adress for proof if ...

I have been taking blood pressure pills for a long time and this has affected my libido. How do I get it back.
Been taking blood pressure pills over 20 years.I am now 60 years old....

I went to the doctor sat and was told that I have an enlarged heart according to the exray. is this serious?

Im having fainting episodes due to some kind of heart probleme and i always have a low blood pressure?
iv been fainting since i was 15 and they told me i wasnt having seizures cause i went for testing but when i pass out i cant move for a while after i wake up cause i feel all my energy is drained and ...

High blood pressure?
Like i said earlier i have this weird ringing in my ear and ive had a headache the last 2 days. Is this possibly all caused by my blood pressure?
Additional Details
Hey people, i forgot ...

I heart frm my past in everyday every moment so wht i wil do?

Varicose Veins and Blood Clots?
I have had a slight case of varicose veins on my lower left leg for many years with no detrimental effects. An ultrasound & blood test show that I have deep vein blood clots. Hematologist says I ...

Lowering Blood Pressure...?
How can I lower my blood pressure.. and what causes high blood pressure..???...

Can Congestive heart failure kill someone?

Heart burn?
I get constant heartburn after I eat....can anyone please help me out and tell me what I can ...

Can you take an at home Cholesterol test or do you have to go to the doctor?

What exercises should I go for if I want to get rid of only the extra fat around my waist??
Looking for stepwise instructions......

I have aortic valve insufficiency, do I need heart surgery (valve replacement) and when?

Does anyone suffer from palpitations (skipped beats) with a heart rate that is not rapid?
I have taken the nuclear stress test because of palpitations and a rapid heart rate that showed up on an EKG. I was on 25mg of Toprol before that. The doctor said the test was normal but my resting ...

How does someone know they have cardiomyopathy?
Sometimes I have shortness of breath but my doctor told me it's related to anxiety. I will admit that when I get anxious I get very short of breath and tend to panic, and that when I'm not ...

48 yr old male has open hrt surgery has kidney and liver fail,developed burnt like chars on hand and feet why?
My husband has been in criticle condition for the past 18 days now I understand about the liver and kidneys failing as part of the risk with open heart procedures, what I dont understand is why are ...

Life expectancy for unstable angina patient?

Sarah P
Short of breath, not enough oxygen?
Hello.
I woke up last night, because I wasn't breathing. This has happened to me a few times in the last couple months, but it was never a big deal i just went back to sleep and every thing was ok. This time I woke up and it felt like I wasn't getting enough oxygen, I was kind of hyperventilating my heart was beating very fast and my whole body was shaking! I went to the emergency room and they took my ekg and a chest x-ray but everything was normal. I felt like that for about 4 hours, And then today in the middle of the day I got that feeling again 3 times. I am so freaked out. Especially because the doctors don't know what it could be.
I keep telling my self that I am ok and it might be in my head, but I was busy and my mind was somewhere completely else and it started happening.
Can somebody tell me what that could be, or how to make breathing easier when it happenes again???

dajani_dina
Rating
its always better to be safe than sorry go get an EKG but i think ur having an anxiety situation ppl can have panic attacks that wakes them from thier sleep breath less

Tim R
Don't eat before bed.

Angryguy2008
Rating
Believe it or not your body can actually stop breathing for roughly 10-20 seconds during a deep sleep depending on the dreams your having. I woke up completely purple because I had a dream where i was drowning. If you are worried about it I suggest that you see a doctor as soon as you can.. Good luck and i wish you all the best!

djspinrite
Sleep apnea. It has ruined many a night of sleep for me. It is a medical condition where you stop breathing while you sleep. Mine is partially allergies. Get a rescue inhaler. It can help you get your breath back.

heavenly_butterfly01
It sounds like you could be having panic or anxiety attacks.

KineGirl
It could be a common thing known as sleep apnea. Im actually surprised none of the ER doctors said anything to you about it because thats exactly what it sounds like to me - tho Im no doctor. I just know ppl with the problem. Its very common to ppl who are over weight but can happen to anyone really. Id suggest that you go see a eyes, ear, throat doctor (who may recommend a sleep study for you). I wouldnt start freaking out about your heart. Chances are this is a sleep thing - thats the common factor here. If your heart was bothering you and you stopped breathing when you were awake THEN you worry about that. Otherwise youre just giving yourself - and your heart - unneeded stress. Good luck with everything and DONT WORRY ;-)

↑↓ ounɹq ↑↓
Rating
I know someone who suffered from the same problem. It apparently is a rare sleeping disorder. Go to a sleep clinic ! It is very harmless apparently but could be dangerous if untreated (at an older age so don't panic) ... I will ask him what the disorder is called and update my answer, so check back !

PS. I am pretty sure it is the same condition as he explained the symptoms to me in detail before the diagnosis was made. For years his condition was not diagnosed properly until he went to a sleep clinic.

UPDATE: I just called him. The disorder is called "Sleep Apnea"

You can find more information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_apnea

I think the feeling you experience during the day however are anxiety attacks because you are worried about your nocturnal experiences. See a doc and go to a sleep clinic !

I'm not a doc but can tell you it's not your heart so ...

DON'T PANIC ! You'll be fine !

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy