Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Heart Diseases
Health Discussion Forum

I used to be a smoker, could i still become a firefighter?
I am a 20 year old female and am looking into training to become a firefighter and am very serious about it, but i used to smoke and realise how hard the tests are, and worried how it will effect my ...

Exercising with heart disease?? gahh!!?
Hey there-
I'm 20 years old and have hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. i have severe chest pains and have no idea how to exercise. i get short of breath doing simple things like carrying laundry ...

My blood pressure was 160/70! it has been high for the 3 times ive visited the doctor what would cause this?

Heart Problem?
About a week ago, I started having heart palpitations, where quite regularly, my heart would beat really fast, then go back to it's normal rate. Now, every 31 beats (I've counted) it skips ...

Help I'm scared My blood pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
My blood pressure is 141/103
My legs hurt.
My legs are kind of purple
and my feet and legs are tight and Ive had A headace.

Should I go to the doctor?
Additional D...

What about artiosclorious?
?what about hardening of the ...

56yr male complaining of chest dicomfort&sweating after exercise&eating with NL ECG&high T.G,what he must do?
chest discomfort( tightness& dyspnea) discomfort comes especialy after walking post prandial & releived by rest. he has +ve family hx for heart disease &hyper T.G & he is heavy smoker ...

Difference between heart attack and hypertension?
How can you differentiate heart attack symptoms from hypertension symptoms??...

Canyou get into a sauna or a hot tub with ihss or high blood pressure?

I have been taking sudden pains in my heart what is this?
any1 know what is wrong with me taking sudden pains in my heart?...

How is pulse related to heartbeat?
please i really need it.....

Low Blood Pressure (107/61) and a High Pusle (98+), should I be worried?
I'm generally active (I walk for 80 minutes everyday without having issues). I try to stay hydrated, and have been staying away from caffine. I tend to get lightheaded and see spots occasionally ...

Is 44 too low for a resting heart rate?
My resting heart rate is 44, about three months ago it was around 50 and i wasn't too worried.I've become a lot more fit since then and as expected it has dropped but i am wondering how low ...

Can someone give me some information on Heart Disease?
i tried looking on the internet and all i got was suff about what they are doing about it, information like how many people dies a year from it, men women ...

What does V in ECG stands for?

When is the best time to blood pressure medicine morning or night?

After heart bypass surgery is it dangerous to sleep on your stomach?

What will you do if you have defective heart?

If someones heart stopped beating for 2 or 3 mins what effects would that have???
In the short term and also in the long term???anyone know anyone who this has happened to???...

Heart attack? gerd? or anxiety help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!?
hey all. For the past 5 days I’ve have hade really intense chest pains. The pains are usually in the center of my chest (like exactly in the middle) It feels like someone is sitting on my chest ...

Sarah M
What's wrong with my heart?
I'm 13 years old, and this year something I've never experianced before was, when I do excersie (sports, running) Sometimes, not all the time, my heart beats really really fast. But its beating so fast I can feel it in my stomach, shoulders, all over. It really scares me...

My mom took me to the doctor, and i had a EKG taken.. And since it was my first time with one of these type of tests, my heart was beating fast, just because I was nervous. Will it come out like bad?

My doctor says when I'm calm my heart beat is 102, and he said the average is 100.

What's wrong.. =/

Libby
Rating
Most probably, there is nothing wrong. If there was a serious problem with the EKG, the doctor would have let you know right then and there.
If by small chance your heart does beat too fast, there are medications and treatments that will help.
Don't worry, chances are, that a 13 year old girl does not have heart disease.

ItRose
It is perfectly normal for your heart to race when you are active. That is what your heart is made to do. The more you move the more oxygen your body needs and the heart beats faster to compensate. Are you thin? That could be why you feel it in your stomach, or it could just be a little anxiety because you are so aware of your increased heart rate.

You went to the doctor and everything checked out good, so there is probaly nothing to worry about.

photoguy_ryan
When you go thru puberty, your body may react to things in different ways. Just the regular growth spurts, body re-organizing, can cause the things you mention, to some extent.

Get your tests done, but dont worry about it too much, til your doc gives you something to worry about.

Get plety of rest at night, eat well, and that will keep your body fueled to deal with your changing body.

I EAT RAW MEAT!
Nothing, thats absolutely normal, you're just taking this out of proportion. Its just your veins pumping harder and your body will start to ache, and becomes more sensitive and tired.

RO
Rating
I really wish I knew sorry Kid, My own older brother had heart problems, but none like that, but I don't know maybe a blast of adrenaline?

MSLDub
The poster above me is sadly misinformed. Your veins do not pump blood - only your heart pumps blood. What you are experiencing is probably not completely normal, but doesn't necessarily indicate a serious problem. What was the result of your EKG?
Sometimes, we experience heart palpitations - where we can actually "feel" our heart beating. 102 is a bit tachycardic (fast heart beat) - but I am not trained in pediatrics, so perhaps this is normal for a 13-year old.
If your doctor said that your EKG is normal, then it probably is. Are you having any other symptoms? If you are that afraid, or have symptoms like lightheadedness, dizziness, fainting, etc., go to see another doctor and get a second opinion. But it's impossible to diagnose anybody over the internet, especially without seeing an EKG or performing a physical examination/tests.
Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy