Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

After I eat I feel ill, and have nausea and this has been going on for two weeks....what do you think is wrong
I have not changed my diet or anything, and I use to love soda and now I drink it and it makes me feel sick.It's almost like I have tin taste in my mouth. Even thinking about eating Chinese food ...

Have you ever been disappointed in the size of a new lover's wurdle?

If you pee on a cut does that make it better?
because i tried it once with my friend and we had a good laugh over it but i wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not....

What can you take to dissolve a blood clot?

A cut on my leg is leaking "water"?
I cut my leg, at first it bled........ now it is leaking what appears to be water......... it soaked through the band-aid. Why would water be coming out of my leg?????
Additional Details<...

What is the crure for a bee sting?
I reamber when i was little and got a bee stung i want to reamber what my grandmother did but i just want to see what you people have to say about a bee sting ...

I get Like 10 hrs of sLeep but im stiLL sLeepy?
when my parents make me sleep at 10 i wake up at 8 (10 hrs) and im freakishly sleepy until about 11 or 12 AM later on. it makes no sense at all...?
Additional Details
i dont get how u ...

Should Prozac be placed in public water supplies, or sprayed from crop dusters?

Additional Details
Not a serious question here, but a thought provoking one....

How do you painlessly remove slivers?

Who else here hates to take showers? They take so much time and effort.?

Is vomit acidic?

Is it legal to charge a patient a fee of $59 to have records sent from one doctor to another due to moving.?

How can i make my ear pop?
seriously i have an ear infection and its better and all i need is for my ear to pop and i would be sooo much happier, what can i do to make my ear pop? help its driving me crazy!!!...

How can I stop being depressed without medicine?

I feel so stressed with my work. I am mentally drained. Give me suggestions to relax?

Have you ever had really bad sunburn write your story here?
The worst sunburn i ever had was in the uk as i didnt think i could get burnt. i always make sure i wear it on holiday but not in the uk. I think differently now though because I visited the www....

A little wooden splinter in my finger..been there for about 2 weeks?
i have a little splinter in my little finger and i cant get it out, its been there abot 2 weeks now, its from archery. i was pulling the string and the string came off and i got a splinter..the thing ...

If a ring is getting ready about to cut your circulation, and you can't get it of, what do you do?
I need answers fast I've had it on for about 9 hours now because I fell asleep with it on. Please, I don't want my finger to be amputated!!...

If my infected wound gets anymore swollen...?
...what should I do to it?

I know in some cases, doctors make you pick it and peel the hard skin off and clean it out, but I'm not a doctor, so I'm not taking any risks, unless ...

My bro cut his finger badly and went to the ER. They put stiches but it keeps bleeding. what should we do?
We can see that it is still bleeding b/c there were a few drops of blood that went through the bandaid. Does that mean that they didnt do the stiches properly?...

phenomenal_jay05
Why does holding a cut over the head reduce bleeding?

Average Joe
Because it reduces the heart's ability to pump blood to that location. It essentially has to pump blood uphill.

ivory
if its anywhere above your heart the flow to the area slows its just a matter of your blood flow not being strong enough to fight gravity i suppose

Minuet
Blood has trouble going up that high thanks to gravity.

gousa1991
limits blood flow

dino47933
You actually wasted 5 points to ask a stupid a** question like that?

Liz
Rating
The blood flows back down to your heart and your body. It doesn't flow very well above the head.

Stopping Bleeding
For deep cuts the most important first aid is to apply pressure with a thick dressing or a clean towel to stop the bleeding. If a person has cut their arm, lift the arm above their head — if it's their leg that has been hurt, sit the person down and lift their leg up higher than their heart — this will slow down the blood flow and limit blood loss. Take them to a doctor if the cut won't stop bleeding, if it is unusually long or ragged or if it is too big for skin closures to keep it together.

lubestr
Rating
The blood has trouble trying to pump the blood when the arm is elevated.

Medic123456789
Rating
It's not really holding it over your head that is critical, it is just holding it over your heart. Your heart has to work harder courtesy of gravity to pump blood to points above the heart.

shadow_4100
Rating
gravity.

LARGE MARGE
Rating
It's not so much "over your head", but it's the concept of keeping the wound above your heart, so blood does not flow so easily thru the wound. If you hang it down to your side, you would feel it throb....thus keeping it above heart level would reduce that and help stop bleeding.

Em
Rating
The blood flow won't reach over your head.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy