Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

What's the best way to stop a blood nose?

Can you swallow you're tongue?

Can stress make you more susceptible to colds?
Been very stressed (from a relationship) and seem to easily get sick or not feel well. Psychosomatic?? Yet still not feeling well....

Bee sting on my thumb from two days ago won't stop hurting, feels stiff and slightly swollen?
I've never been stung before, and I'm not sure if it was a bee or a wasp or whatever. No stinger was in it and I didn't feel sick or anything so I didn't think I was allergic, ...

What could have caused this?
I thought it was a spider bite but it can't be. There is a small red patch close to my elbow, it is 4 tiny little lines. claw marks??! What could have caused this?
Additional Details<...

Fastest way to stop bleeding after cut durring shaving?

What kind of first aid should I use for severe bleeding?
Yes, I know that I should use tourniquets, or apply pressure by using a towel, but what are the procedures? I need this for our Health presentation on Tuesday. :D...

What can pregnant HIV woman do to deliver the child without the child having the virus?
My friend is HIV positive and the wife is pregnant and he wishes to know what to do so as to save the baby from having the virus, please help....

Where did this blister come from?
A few days ago a small blister formed on the inside of my pinky. I don't know where it came from but it really hurt because it was right where my pinky bends. I used a clean needle to let pop ...

Do u Think this is okay or am i being wierd?
in the next couple of weeks i am moving out of my boyfriends house and getting my own little place..the one thing that i do not want to do for a good long while is be with a man..i just want to be on ...

Lotion for UNBEARABLY DRY SKIN?
What do you recommend? Excessively dry itchy to point of opening skin?...

How Do I Get My Sunburn To Feel Better?
I was at Hershey Park from 9am to 10 pm, and okay I admit it, I had sunscreen. But I was joking around with these guys going "I am going to wait for Justin Timberlake to put sunscreen on my ...

How do you get rid of poison ivy on ur legs help plese?
i was in the woods and got coaught in it would alcohal ...

What helps the burn of a sunburn?

What happens if a women holds her pee in for a long amount of time ?
My VP wouldn't let my Mentor have her time during testing, to go pee, so she got mad. She told me to find information about health issues of prolonging your need to go pee....

Would someone please tell me to go to bed?
I live alone --- so I do what I want... I've answered my limit for the day, and now I am just losing points..by asking questions......and I DO have to work tomorrow.
Additional Details<...

What is the most effective way to get rid of a nail biting habit for an adult?

Why men are hornier than wemen?

Do you know when you are an anoretic?
i don't know, sometimes i think to myself that i am, and other times i refuse to let myself think that... but i don't know if anoretics actually think about being an anoretic... any answer ...

I scratched the back of my throat and it was bleeding. What should I do?

Additional Details
It was inside my throat not outside!...

rhys
Why do i sometimes feel my heartbeat on different parts of the body?
for example, in the arms, in my legs. i don't feel it all the time but sometimes it just come and usually go off after 10 minutes.
Additional Details
i know what a pulse is. i mean, i can feel it even when i am not touching it. its some kind of abrupt hitting on the skin.

jzahdeh
Rating
This happens becuase the bumping of the heart can be transfered through the nerves in ur body which are connected to all your body ,and you most ly feel that when your hearts bumps fast such as when you did an extra sport of effort.

k_e_p_l_e_r
If you're touching an artery you can feel the pulse.

SENSIBLE
Rating
how can u be so dum? didn't u ever go to school! it's called the pulse. you feel it because the blood is being pumped through ur veins and it is the pumping that ur feeling. how can u be so ignorant?!!!

bertrum
It is probably your pulse. This is not actually your heatbeat, but rather 'waves' of blood flowing through your arteries as the blood is pumped through them by your heart.

doty
Rating
err.. thats what u a call pulse?

Dorie
Rating
Your blood circulates through your entire body. Your probably feeling the pulse because your paying more attention to it because it is odd. You can notice it too where your pressure points are.

britbabe92uk
you have different pulse places in your body that's why! for instance when someone wants to take your pulse they hold your right wrist and time the beats per minute.

prashantcarvalho
Rating
Its just your pulse. You can fell your pulse everywhere there are arteries. Most locations are covered well under the skin and muscle. Some places like the neck and wrist have them pretty close to the surface and if you touch the right spot you can feel it.

Lana
Rating
That means blood flood comes to the part of ur body where u feel heartbeat. It can happen due to different reasons, but if it happens too often - see a doctor.

jm_202_151515
As blood traverses from heart thru arteries to arterioles to capillary bed to venules to veins, it undergoes hydrostatic and osmotic pressure, pressure in veins from muscular contractions, etc, there obviously is "much to feel"; if you ever had a renal infection, appendicitis, or known anyone who gave birth or had a heart attack, ask them about the "feeling and pain"; it is almost never accuate to where the body is actually in distress,
i.e., heart attack, pain in left arm, beginning of childbirth, lower back, etc; this is called "refered visceral pain" as the AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM controls the subconscious parts of life- HR and breathing, but does not "accurately report" areas of pain.

Ms. Terious
If you mean why does it feel as if your heart is beating in your head or hand or foot, etc? Well sometimes when your blood pressure changes the added intensity of flow will cause your extremity to "beat" but it is just your blood moving through your arteries and each "beat" is a surge of blood. It happens when you have been exercising, get excited, have a sudden bust of adrenaline or even if your circulation was temporarily cut off and it has recently been restarted (like when you sit on your foot or cross your legs).

Its nothing to worry about unless it happens a lot. If it happens often you could have hypertension and should ask your doctor about it.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy