Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Is it really possible to be optimistic and positive all the time?
if so, how might this be accomplished?...

Who is your least favorite relative, and why?

Additional Details
PharmChem ~

"can any human being really play the Winter Wind Etude?" ~ Yes, I can ~ I think it's fun, actually!

"Chopin was ...

My son fell and hurt his arm. Could it be broken, cracked, a sprain or what?
He fell on it and I thought I heard a pop but I dunno if he just hit a book on the floor or what. He screams bloody murder when you move his elbow and his wrist but ther eis no swelling or no ...

If your nail comes off will it grow back?
3 quaters of my middle toe nail has come off i don't no what do do , will it grow back or what will ...

Why do paper cuts hurt like hell?

What is the best way to lower a child's tempature of 104?

Is kissing unhealthy and dangerous?
How much bacteria and viruses are transferred during an average kiss? Can one get ill from kissing - even die?...

How can i release my stress?

How do i get rid of hickies?

Whats the best thing to put on a burn?
I burnt my hand with hot glue from a hot glue gun and it won't stop stinging whats the best thing to put on it to stop the constant burning?...

I got a splinter in my foot, is it ok to leave it there until it comes out on it own??
I got a splinter on my foot, its in my heel area. i dont really want to pick it out, is it ok to just leave it there until it eventually comes out on its own??...

Why do people find it funny to fart in peoples faces?

How can i overcome fear of death?

How can I sleep less?
Why's that some people only need 4-6 hours of sleep and I need 8-10??...

Why am I always so tired?
I sleep well most of the time. I oversleep frequently. I have been awake for about 4 hrs. now, had 3 coffees, done laundry etc. but I am so exhausted I can't think about anything but going ...

Will ya HELP me OUT!?!?!?
I went to the beach and got sunburned REALLY BAD, what can i use to get rid of it QUICKER and for it to stop BURNING...

Do doctors really subscribe weed to patience for certain things?

Do you believe a child should be breastfed past 12 months? Past 2 years?
When answering this question I would be interested in knowing your cultural background since different places in the world have different beliefs on this subject....

Which is more important to you Riches or Happiness?
Riches

Would you want houses in every countries. Money much farther then the eye could see, but NO love in your live.

or

Happinnes

A wife/husband, kids. W...

How to manage heart attack when alone?
A person alone at the time of heart attack. How to manage it?...

moneygreennice
Why do doctors sedate people?

lines4everbusy
Rating
Pain often works against progress.

Champak
Rating
Doctors sedate people before a surgery. This causes them lesser discomfort and relief from pain.

gabberflasterfamunda
Rating
Keeps them from struggling when they start unzipping their pants.

Curious
Rating
They do this to prevent people from resisting what can otherwise be very uncomfortable. It's very irritating having a breathing tube down your esophogus.

eliaszaga
Rating
hurts like hell when they crack your chest open

Junior1544
Rating
well, the first answer (and one a doctor would probably give you) is to prevent or reduce pain... other reasons that a doctor might sedate some one is if their are manic (meaning that it appears that they are so hyper that they're going to some one else, or themselves)...

There are so many different reasons a doctor may sedate a person, i think it would be impossable to describe them all here for you, it realy depends on a situation...

Cherry_Blossom
Rating
So that they feel less pain

omajust
Depends on the context. If you are having a painful procedure-- Setting a broken bone for instance-- you may be sedated in order for the doctor to work without the patient struggling or causing problems during the procedure i.e. thrashing around, pulling IV's out-- that type of thing.

brothergrimiam
Rating
To take more money from people

levity
Rating
I wanna be sedated...

TiTaN
to do kinky things to you while your wacked out!

simply_renee
Rating
To calm them down before a procedure or during times of stress or when the body needs to rest and heal.

Usually before surgery, a sedative is given an hour or two before, then anesthesia later. Then it's just to have you be calm and stable beforehand.

Hope this helps.

DramaGuy
Rating
To make them easier to work with and to avoid the hazards of shock.

Ryans Mom
Rating
To ensure their comfort. To ease pain and anxiety. To make it easier to work on the patient also.

byrdiegyrl
Rating
There are many different reasons and types of sedation that doctors use to treat a huge variety of illnesses and disease....certainly sedation is needed during operations and procedures that are painful....anxiety and fear can require sedation,also so necessary procedures and tests can be done with less stress to the patient.....in psychiatric care...some patients need sedation to prevent them from harming themselves or others.....hope that gives you a small bit of information...it is only a very small bit.

mano
TO Curtail thier Aggressiveness.

The Bearded One
Rating
Because pain hurts...

Jinx U
Rating
Depends on the situation. I know that extreme fear, as in phobias of the dentist, can justify a perscription of a sedative for a person. My mom for example is stark terrified of the dentist, but she knows she has to go for her cleanings and to get work done, so her doctor perscribes a single valium pill for her when she absolutely has to go. Otherwise, she panics in the chair (which is not just disruptive, but scares the bejeezus out of everybody in the whole office). Sometimes extreme shock can cause hysteria, so a doctor might perscribe a sedative then, too. Just a single dose to help the person recover.

treehead
Well, it is quite painful to undergo a surgical procedure without proper sedation. Can you imageine a surgeon cutting into your skin and then stitching up your insides while you were consciously observing him or her? THat would not be fun. We should be quite fortunate that doctors are capable of safely sedating us these days. John Adams' daughter had to have one of her breasts removed without any sedation because she had breast cancer. I just can't even imagine how terrible that must have been.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy