Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

When fasting for blood work is it OK to drink water?

I just got bit by a black widow, should i go to the doctor or just let time heal it?
my hand is swallon up really bad....

Pierced my own ear with a needle. Need urgent help!?
As sad as it sounds, I wanted my ear pierced badly and my mom said no. So i took matter in my own hands and now im sitting in this chair with a needle that has been pierced through my ear. I first ...

Got stung by a yellow jacket...am I ok?
feeling a little drowsy/dizzy and getting chills...been almost 2 hours. No other symptoms, took benadryl. Will I be ok?
Additional Details
D...

don't assume that ...

Should a 2 yr old be drinking gator aide on a daily basis?

Whats the best wasy to cure a cough without taking medicine?

Why am I always depressed?
I always have this depressed feeling, and I don't know why. My mom said she is going to put me on medicine. It has only happened twice now and I really need help. I would much rather go to a ...

Fear of heights?

I have trouble sleepin at night can anyone help at all?
I have tried herbal tablets and also tablets prescribed by my gp but cannot seem to get a good nights sleep and it is driving me ...

BURNED MYSELf?
i just burned myself w/ a hot glue gun how can i treat the burn?

plz reply quickly!...

My friend has a foot odour problem?
Help please, she's desperate...what can she use to best result to get rid of this problem? Help ...

Is it sfe to soak your turky in a bath tub?
i herd you could soak the turky in a tub?...

What do you do if you get a foreign object into your eye (other than trying to rub it out)?
i am also very paranoid about things getting into my eyes .
will anything help this? or a solution?...

I smashed my finger and theres blood under the nail, WHAT SHOULD I DO??

I have an eraser stuck in my ear?
how do i get it out??
i got it stuck in there when i was trying to use it as an earplug to ignore the african music that someone was playing. if i dont understand the words to a song, i dont ...

How to be get best girl?

What is actually happening when you pop or crack joints, such as your knuckles, neck, and back?

Got insulation on my arms , how do i releive the itching?

I got stung by a bee two days ago! Help!?
Right after I got stung I went ahead and put ice on it to easy the pain. The pain went down so I forgot about it until someone told me it was important to take the sting out. Do I have to do that? W...

What's the best & fastest way to get rid of hiccups?

LH7784
Why can't I stop yawning? I am NOT tired!!!?

lala4926
Rating
i heard that yawning was contagious. maybe people around you are yawning.

victornope
u know what the moment i read ur question as i was roaming around i read urs and started yawning now i cant stop jus thinking about it makes me yawn i think yawning is contagious

Kaptain Kyle
You're not getting enough oxygen. Try to regulate your breathing more. I have the same problem. I just kinda space out and find myself breathing less.

renebkris
Rating
Your brain isnt getting enough oxygen. Try taking deeper breathes and relaxing more. Or maybe your not getting enough exercise, try running a while or doing physcial activity.

Skinny Kid
you might be cold...thats wat happens to me

cutiepie81289
Rating
yawning is a way to get extra oxygen to your brain.

renasmiles77
That is because you are getting short of breathe and that means that your brain is not getting enough oxygen. try to exersize and get your heart pumping that helps me out.My doctor told me that.

onelove
Take some deep breaths and try sleeping more hours

Maybe you dont sleep well.

longjohn
Rating
Get off your butt and do something like I'm fix'en to do !! Do something different, turn on some good music and start singing !!!

meanie
take a couple of really deep breaths ... your body is telling you it wants more oxygen.

LittleCat
Rating
THE TRUTH IS that we don’t completely understand why people, or animals for that matter, yawn.

It’s widely assumed that yawning occurs because we are tired or bored or because we see someone else doing it, but there isn’t any hard evidence to support these beliefs.

Scientists do not purport to know all of the biological mechanisms of the yawn, but tend to agree that a yawn is an involuntary respiratory reflex, which regulates the carbon dioxide and oxygen levels in the blood.

Technically, a yawn is the reflex opening of the mouth followed by the deep inhalation and slow exhalation of oxygen.

The very act of yawning is but one of a number of involuntary reflexes controlled by the spinal and nerve centers.

Scientists speculate that the onset of a yawn is triggered either by fatigue, or by sheer boredom as, at those times, breathing is shallow, and little oxygen is carried to the lungs by the oxygen-toting cardiovascular system.

When one yawns, his or her alertness is heightened, as the sudden intake of oxygen increases the heart rate, rids the lungs and the bloodstream of the carbon dioxide buildup, and forces oxygen through blood vessels in the brain, while restoring normal breathing and ventilating the lungs.

This quite plausible theory of yawning falls short of explaining many aspects of yawning. Scientists explain away the "contagious" nature of yawning, that is when one person's yawn triggers another nearby to yawn, as due to the power of suggestion, but are at a loss when attempting to explain why yawning occurs excessively in patients with lower brainstem damage or with multiple sclerosis.

Other unlocked mysteries include why fetuses in the womb yawn, when it is a well-known fact that they do not intake oxygen into their lungs until after live birth, or why individuals with high concentrations of oxygen in their blood streams yawn.

Until these questions are answered, do not assume that a person who yawns in your presence is bored with what you are saying, or suffers from exhaustion. Simply be pleased that he or she is not bored to death.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, November 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy