Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Is this really dangerous...HELP PLEASE...?
I just took 4 Nuropen Plus Pills because i have a really bad headache.I did'nt relaise that i was only supposed to take 2 and now i'm freaking out.Is it dangerous?! will anything bad happen ...

Does anyone know the symptoms of an amonia?

How do I know if my daughter's toe is broken? Her foot was under the leg of a chair and someone sat down!
She's only 1.5! An ices made it all better, but it was under there for like 10 seconds before we realized why she was crying!! :(...

I scream, shout and swear in my sleep. How do I stop?
My mom always told me that I talk a lot in my sleep and sometimes I wake up shouting too, but recently my husband told me that every alternate night I start fighting with someone or the other - in ...

How do you feel?
I am feeling down and out because my neighbors aare saying whose preety me or this other girl.Most of the people are saying that this other girl but I was overhearing and I saw that only 2 or three ...

Bee sting. finger is swollen two days. Should I go to the doctor ?
stung by a bee on fore finger 2 days ago and is extremely swollen....

What does it mean when a guy's vomit is yellow?
my boyfriend just got sick all of a sudden, and he's vomiting yellow materials. Sometimes in large mounts, or sometimes only a little bit. It started this morning, and it's been on and off ...

Uhh... Beavis is bleeding, what do I do?

I have a massive blister on my toe from dancing in heels.unfortunatluy the skin broke before i noticed.it hurt
I put peroxide on it to get rid of any bacteria and another blister popped up in the middle after i did that. what should i do?...

How do I get rid of my puffyness lower eye lid?

How can we tackle childhood obesity?

Does a mosquito get drunk if it bites you when you're drunk?

What is it called when someone is the opposite of cross-eyed?

What are signs of blood poisoning?
I got stung by a wasp yesterday and was just wondering what the signs of blood poisoning are. My arm is red and swollen and numb also and it has been over 24 hours since the sting....

Is yawning really contagious?
why is it that one person in the room yawns another person will do the same? i have noted this when i was in high school....

Swollen neck?
Hey guys, I could use some house hold soultions if any of you can help. Thanks. My problem is my neck is swollen and my neck is out of alignment. Now I can't really do anything about it until I ...

What is the best cure for dry itchy skin?

What would you consider todays bulbonic plague, or black death?

My grandbaby has a ear infection what will help best no meds please only home base help natural?

Additional Details
hes been to the dr and on meds
along time now they want to put in tubs hank s for the ...

Can you die from hicups?

vampixr
When you wear a bandaide for too long does the skin underneath die or what?
It gets pale and wrinkled and smells. whats the deal?

Avalon von Aldaran
Rating
i have never heard of that...

sunshinemee
Overexposure to moisture and warmth.

Your fingers go wrinkly because of osmosis, their is more pure water in your body then there is in the tinsy bit of moisture on the bandaid so it gives up its own water to try and balance out the concentration. Which is why your fingers go wrinkly in the bath and using the bandaid.

It the same effect that's happening when you go in the bath

Pamela Gandolfo
Rating
nothing like that happens the bandaide just makes it so the blode dosnt get out and germs go in thats all.

jason c
Rating
No the skin does not die in the sense that wall surface skin is dead. But with a bandaide on the skin cannot evaporate the sweat the body produces and the skin then becomes permanently wet, thus the pale, wrinkled skin.

beautifulblackme
Rating
Hell no. That's like if you pack something away and it doesn't get enough air and water leaks in. All it needs is some air and the color will come back very soon.

kaizen99
Rating
This effect is the same as when you soak in the bath and your fingers and toes shrivel up, Unlike this, though, bacteria love to live under a bandaid, as it is warm and damp. thsi is made worse as they are sold as 'waterproof', yet are often not. Users therefore wash post and bathe in them. If they are waterproof, sweat gives sufficient liquid to make the same effect. It is best to use bandages, as you are not tempted to plunge these into water. They also give a better environment for healing. The smell is the bacteria telling you that you are late in washing the area and changing the dressing.

The Un-Cola
The band-aid traps moisture, fungus and bacteria. The skin does not exfoliate and you get a layer of skin that hasn't sloughed off like it would from normal friction etc.

gabeymac♥
Rating
If you are talking about the skin underneath the sticky part that turns white and not the sore itself, it's due to moisture being trapped and your skin is constantly wet, like if you take a bath too long.
When you remove the band aid daily or twice a day depending on the severity of the sore,wash and dry the WHOLE area very well. Then apply your antibacterial ointment and re bandage. It's nothing serious unless the sore itself is badly infected and causing the odor.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, December 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy