91% Isopropyl alcohol vapor is heavier than air and is highly flammable with a very wide combustible range. Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or absorption. It numbs your mucus membranes. you cant die from it at all unless you drink *** loads of it; is commonly used as an external first aid antiseptic to remove dirt, decrease germs, prevent infection and temporarily relieve pain in minor cuts, scrapes and burns. Alcohol should not be used on open wounds, but on intact skin surrounding the edges of a wound. Leave the job of open wound irrigation to hydrogen peroxide.
Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol poisoning include flushing, headache, dizziness, CNS depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, and coma. Use in well-ventilated areas and use protective gloves while using. Other uses of rubbing alcohol include instrument sterilization, household cleaning, and as a rubbing liquid to relieve muscle and joint pain.
Isopropanol is a 3 carbon alcohol with the â€śOHâ€ť group that makes it an alcohol attached to the center carbon.
a mixture of ethanol (Ethyl Alcohol, C2H5OH=46.07) and water of fixed proportions.can cause blindness or death when consumed. Persons with pre-existing skin disorders or impaired liver, kidney, or pulmonary function may be more susceptible to the effects of this agent.
70% Isopropyl alcohol is of course less of a percentage for all the above listed but used for same purposes.