Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

What would you do if someone sold you thier soul?
If some one sold you thier soul what would you do with it? what could you do with it?...

What is the best way to quit smoking ?

Adults please... this is serious... HELP?
Okay please do not think this is dirty but I do not know where else to ask as I don't have a family doctor and I don't want to go to emergency if something else can be done.

Last ...

When the doctor removes stitches, does it hurt?

Am I choking?
It started last night, i feel like I have something stuck in my throat, no matter how much I cough or bang on my chest I can't seem to shift it. I have also sneezed, burped and banged on my ...

Did you clean your room and do the laundry or are you going to sit here all day?
It's starting to be noticed!...

How can you stop a bee sting from itching if you have no itch cream?
i got stung by a bee a few days ago and my whole finger where got stung swelled up and turned red, etc. well since yesterday it has not stop itching and i need some kind of relief! i am going crazy, ...

I burned my finger. What should I do now?
I don't have anything containing aloe. What should I do?
Additional Details
Thanks for all your answers! I tried like all of them that I could....

Can deaf people hear with a Hearing Aid?
People who were born deaf anyways....

Is red wine good for your heart?

If they told you in the hospital?
We want to keep you another day or two (you were dehydrated but seemed to be able to stand up at that point), would you agree or go home? Keep in mind you were exhausted and your stomach hurt, but ...

Oh my god my finger hurts!!!!!!?
has anyone done what i have just done?!? burnt my finger on boiling honey and sugar after trying to catch the saucepan which fell off the hob!!! all my other fingers are like ice-is this because of ...

Will we all die someday?

My ear blocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!help plz?
i think i ve blowed my nose so hard due to my flu/cold /running nose and then i heard a pop or crack sound at my ear. next thing i know my ear are blocked now. try to pu t water and warm water in ...

I have just burnt my hand on the oven. What should i do now?
I have run it under the cold tap for a while, wha should i do next? It not that big 2cm by 0.3...

Can I overdose on vitamin c?

Additional Details
All great advice so far.....I ask this question because I have an awful cold and I have an interview tomorrow morning and I'm trying to recover as quickly as ...

Can someone give me good advise for stopping smoking?
l live in england(west midlands) has anybody stopped by using a doctors clinic,would love to talk about my problem because it is getting me down l would love more ...

I just can't respect fat people. Rolly, fat, wobbley people should be humiliated, no?
Is this wrong?...

My husband jamed his finger in the truck door his nail is purple ?
and his finger has swolled i gave him advil for the throbing pain .what can i do for his finger to keep down the pain and swelling?thanks he dont want to go to the dr his finger is not broken....

Whats the best mosquito repellent?
I'm going to Goa for a holiday in Feb. And have been told that AVON hand lotion works best....

Suzy
Whats the best thing to put on a burn?
I burnt my hand with hot glue from a hot glue gun and it won't stop stinging whats the best thing to put on it to stop the constant burning?

jess
Rating
neosporin and ice

forestpirate
Rating
Aloe Vera is a good thing to put on it after it stops stinging. While it is stinging run it under water.

I burnt my hand a couple months ago and it took a couple hours to stop stinging (even with ointment on). It will likely blister and thne slowly heal. Don't pop the blister. It will hurt even more.

Me...
run it under cold water, but dont put any lotion on, that will irratate the skin even worse!!!... put a cold wash cloth over it after, put ice in a bag and rap the bag in a wash cloth, but never directly put ice on it...

LuvDylan
I did the same thing. OUCH!!! Put Aloe Vera Gel on it at all times. Do whatever you need to to "cover" the burn so the gel stays on all the time. If it is still burning, the best thing I know to do is to put the Aloe Vera gel in the freezer, and let it get cold, and then put the cold gel on the burn, replacing it frequently, to keep it cold. Keep it covered until it gets a scab or a covering. Then let it air. Put gel on at night to keep the scab as soft as possible, until it needs to fall off. The Neosporin is for infection not for the burn. Don't use just Neo.

The Gentle Lynx
Rating
My honey always has me put a dampened tea bag on the burn and I find it very soothing. Doesn't matter what kind of tea.

Good luck!

Kalei
If you can find some, aloe. Neosporin works good too.

tdw711
First, you don't want cold water but temped water. If there are blisters forming, DO NOT pop them. Cover with a sterile dry bandage. If it is a first degree burn, alo vera will work since a sunburn is a first degree burn. A burn ointment will work as well

dawnb
Aloe!!!

angel
burn ointment or cold cream

rocko_48005
if you go to the doctor they will give you a cream called silivedin (not sure of the spelling) cream, but if its not that bad aloe works good as does Neosporin plus pain relief.

Little Softy
Start with the cold water. Then there are some bandages that are called NewSkin... they are a water-based bandage that really soothe burns of that size. They are a little pricy but well worth the cost. I've used them before and they work.

RABBIT
Rating
nothing hot.. that would kinda defeat the purpose.......dont you think?

gousa1991
run it under warm water. the pain is from the skin trying to match the temp of the burn. and then put burn cream such as aloea.

jkeckles
Rating
if just happen run under cold water. Use cocoa butter to ease the pain and help with scaring

peach
There are already so many answers here, but anyway.
Just put cold water on it. Hold under the faucet or submerge it in a bowl of cool water. Avoid ice. Keep it moist. Put a bandage over it to protect it from being torn open. Then just let it heal. It will take some time. Try not to let it pop open.

Lisa
ice, cold running water, frozen veggies

and take some Ibuprofen (Advil)

If it's blistered, use Neo-Sporin or a triple-antibiotic ointment applied with a clean finger. Don't pop any blisters. Cover the burn with a clean dressing.

Estate Italiana
Aloe vera is very good for burns. Keep an ice back on it or run it under cold water for immediate relief. I once slept with an icepack on my finger because I had burned it on a pot. aloe vera cools it off though and it will stop the sting if you keep applying. Especially the fresh one, straight from the plant (if u have access to one) otherwise, the creams and gels work too. Keeping it under cold water, on and off, and keeping ice on it will help prevent bad blistering too.

msmarieww
Rating
COLD RUNNING WATER AND NEOSPORIN

rodneycalmes
Rating
cold water.

Gaius Aurelius Valerius Diocleti
run it under cold running water and then put on some lotion or ointment

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy