Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

How do you tell a co-worker that their body odor is offensive? Especially if you do not want to hurt them?

Can u tan in a tanning bed if u are pregnant?

My daughter has earache, what is the best home cure I can give to her?
She has just taken a paracetamol, so hopefully that will begin to work within a few hours. Is there anything else I can do?
Additional Details
She is 13 years old....

Mosquito bite!?
i have been getting alot mosquito bites lately...but most of them are usually small and the itch goes away...but for over almost a week..i have gotten one..and it looks like this : http://iboo....

I have bad gas and toot a lot, what should I do to solve this problem?
I toot every 5 minutes, it's bad....

How much do you trust doctors in general, on a scale of 1 to 10?
Give me a number 1-10.

10 means you trust 99% or more of them completely. 1 means they are all quacks to you. The best answer goes to the person who can provide an explanation telling _WHY_...

How would you let someone know they have chronic bad breath without offending them?

Which cartoon character do you prefer on your Band-Aids?
I like Curious George myself.
Additional Details
(I also like the purple glow-in-the-dark Harry Potter ones.)...

I seem to have bad circulation in my right hand, my fingers keep tingling and going numb What can I do?
It has only been for the last 3 weeks, and i am left handed so i dont write with ...

Do you sleep with a fan on every night?
I do and I love it!
Additional Details
I do it for the noise too....

Am i old enough to travel solo or alone?
im 15,traveling by ...

How do you get over a hang over?

Should I be worried about a splinter?
I have a wee tiny splinter in my hand. I managed to dig out the bigger ones but this one is in too deep. Will my body take care of it?...

I just shot myself in the leg. Should I go to the hospital?

Additional Details
Yes someO, I was aiming for my head, but somehow I missed and hit my leg....

If you had one last word to say to someone before you die, what would it be?

Should i get my belly button pierced ?
im 13 is that to yung ? and can i do it my self ?...

Do you know what to do to releive Stress?
I am so stressed out lately and was wondering if anyone can tell me what to do to releive my stress....

How do you get the itch out of Mosquitoe bites???

...HELP! I can't sleep!?
Usually I get 8-12 hours sleep.. I've been sleeping about 2 hours everynight. why do I just lay there awake.. even though I'm dead tired? any ideas? Thanks!...

I Have had a splinter for a long time How do I remove it?
Ok it might sound crazy but I have had a splinter for 6 years now and Its kinda bothering me..How do I remove it? Its like sort of deep...anyone know how or have any remedies?...

Greeno
What will happen if I just leave the splinter in my finger?
I am wimping out on the tweezer method

skyehigh
It will work itself out in it's own, and if it gets red and infected, then the pus will help it come out.
If it's a CHUNK of wood or other material, you should go to walk in clinic and ask them to remove it. Otherwise, some polysporin, or antibacterial creme or whatever, will shorten healing time, but I think you'll live, sport.

ScarletBloodDoll
It could possibly get infected but it should work it way out.

Mark S
Infection, gangreen, it could fall off or need to be amputated, you may even need a shot.

Pull it out

question masters
Rating
?I don't know what you mean.???

da maestro
Rating
Once had a splinter enter one side of my fingertip and extend out the other side. Doctor said he could remove it surgically but that might damage some nerves. Alternative is to leave it alone and it will come out by itself. After a week or so it did. So...how big is it and how much does it affect your life?

The Mighty Martin
Either your body will naturally expell it when it's ready, or it'll become infected.

My advice as a trained first-aider is to go for the tweezer method, but be very careful that you pull it out the same way that it went in, else you risk part of the splinter breaking off and remaining in your skin.

Kyle Reese
Nothing, your skin will push it out eventually...Peace!!

CleoCATra
gangrene and they will have to cut off your whole hand. Without any anesthestic.

Just kiddin', it will get infected and hurt worse. Then the Doctor will remove it for ya.

Susan
Rating
It will get infected, and the skin will become red and swollen and full of pus and the the pus will eventually push the splinter out. In the end, leaving it there will cause you more discomfort than if you'd just cowboy up and pull the darn thing out.

Kevin
Turns black if it's metal or wood trys to work out somtimes if to deep it will stays under the skin.

D G
If you don't mess with it, it should come out.

for me to know, you to not...
There is a possibility it could get infected. When this happens youll know by the ball of pus aurrounding the splinter. It would help to take a bath or shower for a lengthy time. While youre in there, squeeze the area around the splinter. The warm/hot water will help soften the skin. When the tip of it comes out, grab the tweezers and pull the splinter out by the tip. And then be sure to wash the area well.

zachary l
your skin will push it out

lamplight03
Rating
This one has been answered. Great info, check out link!

Son_of_Amane
Rating
If its small it will eventually fall opff. Even if its big it will still eventually fall off with more trouble and pain though

Aimee
Rating
It will work its way out. Your skin sheds and the layers over the splinter will shed and eventually the splinter will be gone.

Lemonada
Sometimes splinters don't at all make a difference if they are just kept where they are, and they work themselves out eventually or they stay there forever in place under the skin. But sometimes they work their way in and depending on where, they can work their way into the blood stream and it can't be too good. So i definitely suggest you trying to get it out. If it isn't too deep, some people put regular elmer's glue on wait for it to try and pull it out with the dried glue, has never worked for me.. but it's worth a try if you don't want to use tweezers. My dad always used a needle to get mine out when I was younger. :(

I♥you
You will get a puss blister around it.

caffsans
it will fester with infection===try painting some nail polish on the area and when it is dry,peel it off and the splinter should come out as you do that =good luck

adl992
Rating
anywhere from infection to disease to irritation.......or all of them......my suggestion is took get over the pain and take it out

josiejo
Rating
Soak your finger in warm water for 10 minutes, this will loosen the skin and it will come out easy...

SuzyBelle04
Rating
it could get infected and that could lead to more serious problems

Joey
well, it would go into your skin if it's long or deep and then cause a bump on your skin like a misquito bite and it would hurt when ever you touch or bumped it

I♥NY
well its going to get really swollen and infected. so just take it outl.

mea
it will work its way out u can cover it with black tape so it does not get dirt there to get infected. black tape helps drow stuff out

Yahoogirl
>>It will eventually work its way out. It could however get infected. I think I read somewhere once that if you put olive oil or honey on it, it helps it come out. Cannot remember which one though. Good luck!

More info:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20030615/2557.html

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, September 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy