Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

What's the worse sting (by any animal or plant) you have received?
I once felt something in my bed, flung off the covers and there was a wasp crawling in my bed. How it didn't sting me, never know...
Let's hear those tales of falling into nettles ...

Amswer imidetly: emergency?
My dad has just half sliced a piece of his skin above his pinky and he doesn't want to go the hospital. We put on a bandage and wrapt it up with a piece of clothes. what next?
if we leave ...

I have swimmers ear how do i get rid of it?
i got it in the shower and i have hed it for a few days and it hurts. i have tried tipping and letting it drip out i tried using a Q-tip i tried using ear drops nothing has worked and i cant hear out ...

I need to find out how to treat my back pain at home?

Is it possibe to sneeze with your eyes open?

Constant headache, fatigued, always cold, everything aches, vision blurs in and out?
No ambition, dizziness, extremely dry itchy skin and having spells where it's hard to breathe. Went to doctor and they said a week for blood work to come back.
Any idea what this could ...

Can you be addicted to apples?

If you see someone who is obese, do you think negatively or don't even care?
I have nothing against people who are obese, in fact I am overweight myself.

I was just wondering if people think more negatively towards obese/overweight people?

I am asking ...

I need an answer to this!?
if an adult has consumed bleach/acid - i know that if they vomit, it can burn the gullet/oesophagus . .
so what is the best course of action to take to prevent them from vomitting whilst ...

Is my smile sweet?

Making a call to the emergency services when finding a resident in a care home bleeding severly from the head?
I just need ideas on the kind of things/information i would need to give to the operator... I know theres obvious answers but I want to make it as detailed as posible and not leave anything out!.....

How do i buy bandaids?
I do not know where to buy ...

Quick! How do I apply a tourniquet?

Have you ever had to preform CPR on somebody???If so,what was the end result???

If you saw three casualties; one unconcious; one a weak swimmer; and one a non-swimmer, which du rescue first?

Additional Details
PLEASE CAN ONLY PEOPLE WITH ANY KIND OF LIFESAVING QUALIFICATION ANSWER THIS QUESTION, DON'T JUST GUESS...

What can I do for a wound inside my mouth?
About 4 days ago My boyfriend was playing basketball and ran right into the pole and somehow cut his lip and it went all the way thru. So anyways my question is, its really sore on the inside and ...

Contact lense's solution?
Can you pls. name a good contact lense solution? My eyes hurt with the one I'm currently using....

What is a quick way to cure a cold?
i have to sing a solo in a week and i sound like someones plugging my nose when i ...

How can i good sleep at night?

Additional Details
I can sleep only when I hug to a girl.I can't sleep without girl.so?...

I want to quit smoking so bad. But I can't seem to kick the habit.?
I have idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Can be seen at www.pumonaryfibrosis.org and still smoke. I must be nuts. Can anybody tell me how to quit smoking in a way that really works. I have tried the ...

Dude23
What stops the blood from bleeding when you cut yourself?
Hi when you cut yourself accidently and is only small, the cut bleeds for a while then stops. Just wondered what stops the cut from bleeding and why it stops bleeding.

thegentleone
When you have sufficient iron in your blood, it causes the blood to coagulate (Thicken and form a web of clotted blood vessels), dry up and form clots in a few minutes, which stops the bllod flow.
But people known as Haemophiles, who have very little iron ['Haematos', is Greek for Iron] would bleed profusely even with a slight nick/cut, like while shaving. Such people have to be very careful not to cut themselves even accidentally.

packers2188
Rating
they're are steps your body takes to stop bleeding. 1. Platelet formation 2. vascular contraction and 3. I'm not sure of the name. the whole process is called homeostasis, or the stopping of blood flow. Basically the platelets in the blood begin to stick together at the site of the bleeding causing the formation of a clot (scab), and the vessel that is bleeding begins to contract in order to let less blood flow to that area.

skygodess003
If you rinse the area with hot water as hot as you can stand it that helps keep the skin closed. I accidently cut myself and rinsed the area with hot water it felt better..clean it with peroxide after wards and a flexible bandiad with ointment in it..and please try to be careful..

dennisdavid1974
Rating
I remember seeing this on PBS or something, I think it's called fibrinogen or something close, that is one of the primary clotting agents. All of our immune system cells are pretty smart to know what to do, aren't they?

PuppyLuv
Rating
Platelets.Platelets are irregularly-shaped, colorless bodies that are present in blood. Their sticky surface lets them, along with other substances, form clots to stop bleeding. They basically make a bandage, so that you stop bleeding as much.

Gone fishin'
Rating
The blood clots which means it forms a hard protective cover for the injury that stops the blood flow. If you knock off the scab it will bleed again if it hasn't healed yet.

Rene B
Rating
You have in your vascular system coagulation factors-if these are normal, your blood will clot. If you lack these factors as in hemophilia, you will bleed continuously.

chain y
Rating
your body will produce kind of fluid to stop bleeding.is like platelets.it produce by vitamin K.

Taylor
ok
platelets (the things that form blood clots) make fibers that make tem stick to other platelets..this forms a blood clot by the cut so you don't bleed anymore

PureGold
Rating
coagulation... clotting

francing_horse
it's a complex physiological event

First, your vessel will constrict, decreasing the blood flow to the injured aea.

Then, platelet will bind to the injured area forming a temporary plug that block the blood from leaking. This proses will result in the platelet to release some chemical mediator that stimulate the coagulation factor to permanently stop the blood from leaking.

TMLeaf Fan
Rating
Your body/blood has a natural function where the blood coagulates, basically forming a clot.

pickle.43@btinternet.com
The clotting factor in Vitamin K stops you from bleeding by forming a clot.

claire404
You have clotting agents in the blood. Haemophliacs lack these and is why they can die from even moderate cuts.

They form a mesh/net of fibres at the wound and its filled with red blood cells to clog it up and prevent a loss of further blood. White blood cells (those associated with the immune response) are also in attendance to prevent any invaders for getting in and causing problems

celianne
The blood has a natural clotting agent - which stops the bleeding. Put cold water on it and wrap a plaster around it and it will stop. If you tend to bleed a lot eat Spinach -which contains Vitamin K - which is essential for blood clotting.
Don't take aspirin - that thins the blood.

Firefighter_2003
a clotting agent in the blood helps it clot. as the blood flows through the wound the red blood cells attach to the sides of the cut ans they form a clot. when that clot dries it becomes a scab.

Suspencer
the blood drys up and causes a blood clot,

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy