Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Help! Mosquito Bites!?
Okay I got about 10 mosquito bites last night, ahhh!

I wanted to wear shorts on Saturday but my mosquito bites are VERY big.

I don't mind the irration, I just want to know ...

Is there anything between those ears?

Additional Details
curiousgeorge has no sense of humor or is jealous of my questions. ...

What, besides aloe, is good for taking the sting and redness out of a sunburn?
I am burnt in several places. THe most painful being around where my swimsuit was. It is kind of a reddish-brown color, so I know it will be a tan, but I want to get rid of the discomfort. I have ...

Why do i sleep in classes and when i study even though i had a decent night of sleep?
Well, when i drive im not sleepy, but as soon as i read a few lines from my book to study, i instantly feel sleepy and my eyes starts to close. When im in class, i would start to close my eyes, ...

Can you suggest me how to get rid of sever headache?
I stay in Bangalore, software profession, I get sever headache very often, The headache will be unbearable. Most of the time I get this headache when I go out in sun. Please let me know if you know ...

I'm in SERIOUS pain from what could be a flea bite...Does anybody know what could possibly help?
I started developing 3, what first itched like mosquito bites behind my left knee. Two of them have now started going away but the third one has remained and is now VERY RED & SWOLLEN! Somewhat ...

HELP!!Does anyone know a safe way to get rid of gall stones without having surgery?

What do you do if you got a staple stuck in my hand?
I was using a staple gun and got a staple stuck between my palm and thumb and now my thumb is numb.
Additional Details
I took out the staple but my thumb feels like pins and needles and ...

Does anyone have any tips on getting used to working the night shift hours of 10pm to 6am?
I have been doing this for shift for almost a year, but I still always feel tired all the time. No matter how much sleep I get. Does anyone know of anything that can help?...

What do you call those metal buckets in hospitals that you pee in?
what do you call those metal buckets in hospitals that you pee in?...

Why should you give babies cooled boiled tap water? What is in tap water they shouldn't have?

What can kill you faster???
A rattlesnake bite, or a Black widow bite???...

Does soaking an ingrown toenail in salt water help?
because i dont have that epson salt stuff. i heard regular salt water works....

What makes someone throw up?
Like what happens in your stomach and such to cause such a thing? I know too much alcohol or bad food but what does your stomach actually do to say something isn't good ...

Soap in my eye?
I just got soap in my eye and now its all red and it feels like there is somthing in my eye that wont come out, and i dont have any eye drops so i ran in the shower and the the water run into my eye.....

Why some people will sleep after eat?

Mosquito bite?
I live in Cyprus and I have a really bad mosquito bite that has become the size of a saucer taking anti histomines has not helped anyone got any ideas how to relieve the swelling and make it less ...

Is a painful massage considered as a good massage ?
i've tried many type of massages ie :- thai massage, shiatsu massage, aromatheraphy massage, oil/lotion massage etc. some are relaxing and painless. some massages like the thai and shiatsu ...

My mouth got bit by red ants. now, it's swollen, and it is big.. what should i do now!?
i was drinking, and i didnt notice that there were ants in the bottle, so it went to my lips and bit it. there are 5 bites. its really swollen. should i put ice or something. what will i put?...

What does it feel like to be entered?

Additional Details
Into a competition you know that you have no chance of winning?...

spara
What is the difference in Level 1,2,and 3 Emergency Rooms?

personface
Rating
what kind of bandaids do they put on your headache?

elisayn
Rating
Emergency rooms do not go by levels in my areas but i imagine level 1 is for people that need attention first, level two not as crucial as level 1 and level 3 , the lesser emergency patients. Only my supposition.......bettyk

FF_EMT
The difference in levils (123) all it is saying is the type of criticaly ill or injured PT's. 1 can handle any type of emergency where a three can only handel small injures kind of like you samller local helth centers

david786
Rating
The higher the number the more Trama thay are propared to Handle..

packers2188
A trauma 1 is an ER with surgeons on staff 24/7, it is designed to handle the most serious emergencies. Trauma 2 and 3 are just steps below that because they don't have emergency surgeons on staff 24/7, and will handle smaller emergencies

AMBER D
Rating
i assume you are talking about trauma centers.

Level I trauma centers: all emergencies; also prevention, rehabilitation, and usually university teaching hospitals (traumatology research)
Level II trauma centers: all emergencies, but without the teaching dimension
Level III trauma centers: most common emergencies including small surgery (especially orthopedic surgery)
Level IV trauma centers: patient assessment, emergencies that do not require advanced care

emt_me911
Rating
A Level 1 Trauma Center is equipped to handle the most serious of traumas. All health services would be available, from neuro to ortho to cardio to burn.

Here in Atlanta, Grady Memorial is the only Level 1 in the area.

A Level 2 is equipped to handle most trauma but would be limited in some resources (might not have a burn unit but have every thing else).

Here in Atlanta, North Fulton Hospital is a Level 2.

Level 3 and Level 4 typically are not equipped for major trauma and while they will not turn people away, chances are that once the patient is stabilized, the patient will be transferred to a Level 1 or Level 2.

Level 1s and 2s are typically very busy. Grady is always a mob scene.

Some hospitals have areas of specialty care. St Joes, here in Atlanta, is really the place to go if you have heart problems. Emory University has an excellent neuro care unit. Scottish Rite, Egleston and Hughes Spalding (aka Baby Grady) are all pediatric hospitals here in Atlanta. All three can take major trauma in children.

Hope this helps...

St♥rmy Skye
Rating
http://www.ahrq.gov/research/esi/esi3.htm

Solo
Rating
Emergency room levels are dependent of the sub specialties readily available. For example, a level 1 would have a cardiothoracic and neurosurgeon available while a level 4 would probably not.

nickname
Rating
Yes, and the thing to remember is that level 3's may be great ER to treat anything, but does not necessarily provide all services. ie the patient may need to be transfered to get the care they need LIKE neuro, pediatrics, orthopedics, opthamalogy, burn care, interventional cardiology. So, especially neuro-go to where they can treat it all!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy