Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

My finger is infected?
My finger is infected, I know this because it's hot. My middle finger had a hangnail about a weekago so I cut off the hangnail and left it alone. Now it has gotten bigger where the nail was ...

What medications could one take for anxiety and stress?

Would it be ok to eat a slice of broccoli/cheese pizza that's been sitting out for 48 hrs?

Are YOU a smoker????
if yes...what brand do you smoke???
(i used to smoke years ago but no longer)
Additional Details
sunflower..i smoked marlboro reds and quit cause i got pregnant with my son and ...

Can i put regular lotion on a sunburn?
Got a sunburn but i dont have any Aloe vera, can i just use plani lotion? Or what else works good for a sunburn? .......

Whats the best way to get sober when youre drunk?

What is the best way to lose weight?!?...?
I weigh about a 140 and i'm 5'2... i need to lose at least 20lbs...and i wanna do it in 2 months if that's possible.
Additional Details
what foods should i avoid eating?.. ...

Oww! I got my ring stuck on my finger and it seems like my finger is getting fatter by the hour. What do I do?
I really don't want to cut it off but if i really have to then i will but until that time comes what else can i do?...

Need answer asap!!?
if i make myself vomit... would that get rid of heart burn?? it hurts so bad!!
Additional Details
Thanks guys!! (sarcasicm) That baking soda made me puke my brains out!! But i feel a lil ...

I burnt my ear with my hair straightener; what should I do?
The burn is on the top rim of my ear and is about 2cm long. The skin peeled as soon as it happened but not any more since (its been three hours). Right after it happened I iced it and then put first ...

I cut my stomach...?
and it looks like fat is coming out. It doesnt hurt but it puffed out out the cut. Should I go to the er? I know stupid quesstion, but can it wait until the morning if it isnt bleeding a lot? I cant ...

It is hurting me?
Im just so tired of ppl being rude to me and im just so sick!!I feel like death is the only way to get away from this.My friends say no that isnt the answer but i feel i should to put ppl out of ...

I got hurt Help?
I have a small open cut on my knuckle will it help if i put ice on it or a band-aid....

HELP! A spider bit me.?
A spider bit me yesterday. It hurts like hell. It is red and puffy. The redenss is about an inch all the way around the bite and it feels like there is a hard knot under the bite. I can't afford ...

When you have a bloddy nose, do u?
First blow the nose and then try to stop the bleeding?...

Help i cut my finger really deep!!!!!!!!!!?
i cut my pinkie a bit lower than the skin and its bleeding ever since..???
how can i stop it from bleeding?????...

What do you do when everybody hates you and you feel like commiting suicide and such?
someone just please suggest something that i can do to relieve all my stress and depression.... i would really appriciate ...

Do you sweat when you swim?

I'm going to attempt to quit smoking in 10 days.?
Should I warn people ahead of time, or just remove all sharp cutlery from my home?...

Help!!!! Quickly!!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
I really need help! My sister just got stung by a bee on the lip! It's kinda inside her lip and she was riding her bike and the bee just flew onto her lip and stung it. It's all puffy and ...

Jolly Jo Jo
What is the best way to get a splinter out of your hand?
My daughter has a splinter in the ball of her hand and I am struggling to get it out. does anybody have suggestions to make it easier. I have been trying with a sterile pin but no luck

lostinyonkers
If you can't get it with a pin and tweezers then what my dad use to do was when i'd get ready to go to sleep he would put a small piece of bacon fat on the splinter area and the grease would soften the skin and the grease would pull the splinter out, once in a while he would have to help it out but it made it so much easier and less painful and scary for me.

carole
Rating
There is an ointment called Black Salve Ointment - you put a little on the splinter, cover with a band-aid and tomorrow it will be out and floating in the ointment in the band-aid. Let me see if I can find you a link...

Here's one, but they call it Black Ointment:

http://www.mynsp.com/carole/products/guide.aspx?stockNum=1696

You can probably get this sort of thing in any drug store.

Peace!

James C
Soak it in warm salty water when the skin is wrinkly us a thumb nail to force it out. IT DOSE NOT HURT

john b
A drug store / chemist will sell you drawing ointment put it over the splinter put a band aid on in the morning the splinter will be out. butter mixed with sugar work too.

Clare E
The best thing to do if its too difficult to get out with good sharp tweezers, is to just keep it clean and leave it in, the body will eventually push it out. If it is a rather large or very uncomfortable a doctor will take it out for you. The most important thing is not to prod and poke for too long as you may cause tissue damage.

If this happens again you bathe the hand in warm water first, use something numbing if its particularly painful (a bit of bonjela) and then squeeze around it with your fingers to milk it out, if that doesn't work use tweezers.

derekallman2000
if all that fails ., try sugar ,. that will draw it out , rap the hand in a bandage, put sugar over where the spliter is,. , leave it to do it job over night

Dr Frank
If they are small, we often leave them alone, especially in children as the cure is more painful to them than the problem. If you put magnesium sulphate paste on a small gauze pad onto the site and change it twice a day, the body will usually draw it out, along with a little pus. If you are worried however go to A+E.

jason c
The single best way to remove splinters is to use a sterile injection needle.
However if the splinter is below the skin and not easy to get out cover it with anti septic cream and leave it along. Over time the splinter will be forced out by the body.

becks
Try using magnesium sulphate paste, available from most pharmacies. It will draw the splinter out, pain free!

Luis
I find tweezers and time works best. If you leave it it will come out on it's own but it'll be no less annoying.

Pearl
You could try pinching the area and seeing if you can get the tip to stick out of the skin and then use tweezers. Alternatively you could leave it and eventually the body will naturally push it out over the next couple of days.

pandatnk
Rating
Put some Elmer's glue on it..let it dry ..then peel off glue with the splinter attached.

SYJ
Rating
Gently squeeze the area and if you can see the end then when it protrudes slightly use a pair of eyebrow tweezers to grip it and gently ease it out in the direction in which it entered her hand.

tsk esquire
Rating
you should cut it out. my brother is a joiner and when he gets a splinter he just runs the edge of his chisel blade along it and it just more or less falls out.
sterilise a razor blade or a sharp knife and work away.

victoria
You are probably trying to us the pin to dig it out. Don't . Only us the pin to gain access to the top of the splinter. Then use a fine ended, blunt tipped tweaser to remove the spinter.

Meep!
Rating
Tweezers.

A . Z .
Rating
I've heard soaking the hand in hot soapy water to soften the skin. Then use tweasers v.delicately.

♀SaintsRLFC♀
Rating
When i was working at the furniture factory, i was always getting splinters.
I just got a piece of sandpaper and rubbed it until it came out.

ez2enjoy24
Rating
Try breaking the top layer of skin around it with the pin, after that get some tweezers and pick it out. To ease the pain apply orajel on the splinter for temporary relief.

Daniel B
Tweazers are the only doctor recommended way. If you can't get it out then let it sit and watch it. They typically work them selves out...or at least out far enough that you can then grab it. If she gets a fever, or increased redness or pus around it then see a doc. Also, the needle thing can introduce infection...even if "sterile".

hodgetts21
Rating
sharp razor and cut it out, thats what i do but i guess it depends on how tough your kid is...

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy