Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Would\ wd40 spray help diaper rash?

What happens if you chew aspirin?

My 4-year old has a fever since about 4 days now. I've very concerned.?
I took her to the doctor and the doctor said she has a viral cold and just wait to run its course. She also said that the fever could run for a few more days. The doctor said I could give her 1 3/4 ...

What is the "average" cost of lazer eye suregery? Have you had it done? Did insurace cover it? any detials?

Which is more deadly: Smoking or Obesity?
not sure if i spelled that right...
Additional Details
I do not smoke and i am not obese. just wondrin which is worse....

Where was the weirdest place you were stung by a bee?
where was the weirdest place you or somebody else you know was stung by a bee?

one time at the cider mill my mom was carryign cider and doughnuts and a bee went in my moms ear, but ...

What should I do when I hear a hissing sound in my laundry hamper?
This is funny cuz I in the corner of my room right now scared to get near it. Exhilerating but scary too. My first instinct was to throw something at my laundry pile but what if something comes out ...

I don't feel well..?
I think the ppl over in the immigration category gave me an ulcer.Do you feel for me?
Additional Details
Nah,it was just gas!...

Can you drink alcohol while on antibiotics?

Help for a sunburn????
I got sunburned really bad on my arms Saturday. I can still feel the heat in them today Monday. Is there anything I can do to help draw the sting out and minimize the aging. ( I can already tell my ...

What is a 'snake bite' piercing?
What is a 'snake bite' piercing?
Additional Details
eww
thanks you guys
that is kindda gross=P

i dont think i would ever get this done

When i go drop a load i take a wet wad of toilet paper and use it after dry wiping anyone else do that?
Feels cleaner and doesn't get itchy later..... I wonder how people can poop and leave the stall in 2 seconds and I have to use half a roll to feel ok. maybe I'm alone here *shrug*
A...

Does it hurt when you get a b0ner while wearing a protective cup?
Not much room in there......

If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea...Does that mean the fifth one enjoys it?

Why would a mother let u wear tampons .....please answer the unknown???
i really wannt to know ...

What one should do when they are bitten by a black widow spider.?

What are some natural ways to lift my mood?
I have been feeling down lately and don't have the energy to do much. I need to feel a bit happier and more energetic so that I can get my butt in gear....

Is shyness a disorder passed on genetically ?
I believe shyness is caused by a chemical not being produced in the brain, i also believe it is genetic and more associated with the male gender. At birth the chemical is being produced normally but ...

Whats the best way to get rid of mouth ulcers?

If you get stung by a bee, will you eventually become a bee? Or with the be be like your brother or something

Mediocre Deity
What is better for a cut/scrape? Peroxide or alcohol?
Peroxide bubbles and both sting, do they both kill bacteria?

koko
Rating
Peroxide doesn't sting as much but when you need to kill an infection,alcohol is the way to go.

quiquecruz_orl
PEROXIDE STINGS LESS, BUT IF YOU NEED TO DISINFECT THE SKIN , I´D RECOMMEND ALCOHOL.

THE THING IS THAT WHEN EVER YOU HAVE FRESH CLEAN WATER AROUND AND SOME SOAP AVAILABLE, GO WITH THAT FIRST...... IN THAT CASE I´D GO WITH PEROXIDE AFTERWARDS ALONE.

IF THE CUT IN DEEP OR THE SCRAPE IS A BIG ONE YOU SHOULD TRY ANTIBIOTIC OINTMENTS OR CREAMS AFTER CLEANING THEM UP.

Big Biscuit
Rating
You'll have better luck with alcohol. I work with pathogens and we use a 70% Ethyl Alcohol solution to disinfect. Peroxide will kill some, but not most bacteria. Some bacteria can break down hydrogen peroxide before it can hurt them.

az15784
Rating
I use both of them. Alcohol stings a lttle bit but not to bad {depending on how bad the cut} then apply neosporin to it so it has extra protection from bacteria.

dasher
Rating
I work in the ER and we dont even stock peroxide. it breaks down cells. wash with soap and water and then apply antibiotic ointment.

CaptaiN Solo
Peroxide all the way!
Alcohol kills good tissue, and dries it out wayyyyy to much.
Peroxide will just get rid of the germs and bacteria.

EMT
Rating
Peroxide can kill Streptococcus bacteria, which is found in your mouth. That makes it a good mouth wash. However, Staphylococcus bacteria is on your skin, and it won't kill those, because they can use the peroxide. If your cut happens to be from a bite, then peroxide will work. But I'm guessing not.

Peroxide will not really kill any germs in a cut or scrape. This is because the bacteria there can use peroxide (and actually turn it into water and oxygen). The only reason to use peroxide is it will bubble out any dirt in the scrape.

I'd suggest peroxide, rinse with water (as you don't want to mix most chemicals) and then use a 70% alcohol solution. (Not 100%, it dries too fast).

Keep the area clean as it heals. Neosporin can help also.

sklinge2006
Neither. The best is good old fashioned soap and water. Apply a triple antibiotic ointment to create a barrier from any bacteria from entering the wound while it heals.

R R
If it were me, I'd go with peroxide out of your two choices. I've never had peroxide sting, but alcohol does. Both kill bacteria. My personal choice would be to wash with good ol' soap and water then apply Mycitracin or NeoSporin - no sting. :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, April 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy