Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Using povidone iodine on a finger cut?
Guys, I injured my finger tonight while to a repair to my house. Basically a aluminum sheet cut my left thumb (right above the knuckle). Its a rather deep cut and the sheet fell about 2 feet ...

What's the best way to stop a blood nose?

Can you swallow you're tongue?

Can stress make you more susceptible to colds?
Been very stressed (from a relationship) and seem to easily get sick or not feel well. Psychosomatic?? Yet still not feeling well....

Bee sting on my thumb from two days ago won't stop hurting, feels stiff and slightly swollen?
I've never been stung before, and I'm not sure if it was a bee or a wasp or whatever. No stinger was in it and I didn't feel sick or anything so I didn't think I was allergic, ...

What could have caused this?
I thought it was a spider bite but it can't be. There is a small red patch close to my elbow, it is 4 tiny little lines. claw marks??! What could have caused this?
Additional Details<...

Fastest way to stop bleeding after cut durring shaving?

What kind of first aid should I use for severe bleeding?
Yes, I know that I should use tourniquets, or apply pressure by using a towel, but what are the procedures? I need this for our Health presentation on Tuesday. :D...

What can pregnant HIV woman do to deliver the child without the child having the virus?
My friend is HIV positive and the wife is pregnant and he wishes to know what to do so as to save the baby from having the virus, please help....

Where did this blister come from?
A few days ago a small blister formed on the inside of my pinky. I don't know where it came from but it really hurt because it was right where my pinky bends. I used a clean needle to let pop ...

Do u Think this is okay or am i being wierd?
in the next couple of weeks i am moving out of my boyfriends house and getting my own little place..the one thing that i do not want to do for a good long while is be with a man..i just want to be on ...

Lotion for UNBEARABLY DRY SKIN?
What do you recommend? Excessively dry itchy to point of opening skin?...

How Do I Get My Sunburn To Feel Better?
I was at Hershey Park from 9am to 10 pm, and okay I admit it, I had sunscreen. But I was joking around with these guys going "I am going to wait for Justin Timberlake to put sunscreen on my ...

How do you get rid of poison ivy on ur legs help plese?
i was in the woods and got coaught in it would alcohal ...

What helps the burn of a sunburn?

What happens if a women holds her pee in for a long amount of time ?
My VP wouldn't let my Mentor have her time during testing, to go pee, so she got mad. She told me to find information about health issues of prolonging your need to go pee....

Would someone please tell me to go to bed?
I live alone --- so I do what I want... I've answered my limit for the day, and now I am just losing points..by asking questions......and I DO have to work tomorrow.
Additional Details<...

What is the most effective way to get rid of a nail biting habit for an adult?

Why men are hornier than wemen?

Do you know when you are an anoretic?
i don't know, sometimes i think to myself that i am, and other times i refuse to let myself think that... but i don't know if anoretics actually think about being an anoretic... any answer ...

lele123456
What happens if u get stitches and a scab beginning go grow over it?
i had two lesions removed off my neck the doctor put dissolving stitching one it and one regular stitch on the top of the skin i to the one regular stitch yesterday and she was like mmmh it scabbing but never said what it means so yahoo what does i mean

john m
Rating
its healing

dasher
if there is a scab over a stitch it means it will be more difficult to remove that stitch. I'd call the drs office and ask their opinion, but in our office, we ask folks to wash it with soap and water each day, so a scab doesnt form until after the stitch is removed...

xkhx2008
If the doctor just said mmm its scabbing, then it obviously isnt anything to worry about. Scabbing is the body's natural process of healing - just dont pick at it!

gerard
that is good 'it means it is healing

honeybear
Your doctor would tell you if there was a problem. Just make sure it doesn't get infected.

Westwood
Rating
Didn't you think to ask him what it means and if there was a problem with it seeing as he is the doctor!!!!!!! If he didn't say anything more about it then I'd guess it isn't to much of a problem, but if you are concerned about it then try going back and actually asking him about it.

cathie
Rating
Healing fine. When the stitch is removed the scabbing will also come away. Your skin is just doing what is natural, by trying to heal over a broken area

Scobill
The scabbing is the bodies natural defences kicking in to ensure recovery , so that is a good thing
I am sure the single stitch will still be quite easily removed at the correct stage of the healing process . But like all health issues if you are unsure or unhappy then go back and ask for advice.

KATIE K
Rating
it means it will hurt more when the stitches come out! but at least its healing well =)

thepeat
This is perfectly normal and part of the healing process. The scab will have softened before you need to have the stitch removed. It sounds like a tiny incision so there will be little or no scarring. Feel free to call and ask your Dr about this if you are still concerned.

Lord Facile Princeps
Rating
It means the wound is healing, keep it dry..It will eventually fall off..Do not pick it or you will risk infection

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, November 28, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy