Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Why do you feel more tired having had one nights good sleep following a period of too little sleep?

What are the risks of wearing a pad for to long? like months at a time?
i just need to know the risks of wearing a pad for long periods of time
Additional Details
an no its not the same ...

My four year old grandson walks only on tiptoes.. is this a problem?
he also is prone to screaming fits if he doesn't get his own way....

Where does real magic exist?

Broken ARM - does anyone know if you can fly, transatlantic flights with a recent broken wrist?
my cast is below elbow and upto and around my thumb. injury happened 2 days ago and i have to fly to Canada early next week on ...

How do i get rid of hiccups?

Which do you prefer: a male registered nure (RN) or a female RN?
just a survey......

How do i cover up cutting if i dont like wearing long sleeves?

Earring hole!!!! Help!!!?
My ears have been pierced for about 2 months now. Yesterday night one of my stud fell out of my ear, and when i tried to put it back in it wouldn't go in. When i poked it in hard it hurt. Theres ...

How do you treat sunburn?
My daughter just came back from a school camp.They all got badly sunburnt. Its mainly her arms and her scalp hurts.I have been giving her lots of water to drink and she had a cool shower.
A...

Odd Question?
I heard that if you bathe in alcohol you become drunk because you absorb it in your pores. How come you don't drown when you use water? Water gets into your pours, you intake too much, you drown....

A splinter in my thumb and yes, it hurts?
how can i get a splinter out that's very deep down on the side of my thumb? I can't pick it out, it's rerally deep in there. Will it just fall out on its own and if so, how long will ...

What are some additional health problems related to obesity?

Ear is swollen and red after being exposed to sub-zero wind and temp?

Amoxicillin?
hi everyone, i am currently taking amoxil (amoxicillin) for my tonsilitis and strep throat. are there any side effects to this medicine? and is this really the best one to take for this?

When I eat to much sugar, I get awful stomach pains and sometimes vomit , what could cause this?

Shark Attack!!! If you are bit by a Shark in one of the main arteries in your wrist, will you die?
I saw on discovery sharks week special there were many shark attacks, and i was wondering if you were bit in a main arterie that you would die....?...

Wasp stings?
got stung on thursday by a big wasp on my wrist-hurt like hell & I swore lots, didn't look to be any "sting" in me-couldn't squeese it out, I've still got the swelling ...

Have you ever gotten a paper cut that needed stitches?

I got stung by a wasp and feel sick.?
What are the symptoms? Does the area that I got stuck still suppose to hurt after 16 hours?...

nature lover
What happens if a person bites another?is it dangerous?infetious?
i've read, in anceant times kings made spy people poisonous by taking poison in small doses,if they bite or scratch, the other dye.is it posible?what anti venom should be used to protect?the same for with which venom/poison is used to make poisonous ppl.
in modern days what r the risks of human biting?

xkimmimonstarx
Not unless they're a rabid dog!! If the bite's deep enough it's probably just prone to infection. I know it can't be serious because I've bitten [and have been bitten] many times in my day, and I'm just fine hehe. Rawr. ;)

linden_nut
I work with children between the ages of 6 months and six years in a daycare setting. As most people know these are the ages when most children experience biting. Based on personal experience, the likelihood of it being infectious is slim, providing you follow health guidelines. Always wash the area with a mild soap and warm water and then apply ice to the area for 10-15 minutes. If the bite broke the skin do the same as above, only apply antibiotic ointment such as Polysporin and cover it with a bandaid. It should start to heal within a couple of days.

greatmangentletrue
Rating

jefftechcrew2006
I just know that, in my EMT-Basic class last year we were told that human bites are more dangerous than those of animals because the bacteria in a human mouth can all survive in the human body.

airplanes010
I agree with the EMT-B and FR that responded above. The human mouth is a terrible and filthy area and a bite (which causes bleeding or punctures the skin) which goes untreated can cause a major infection.

In any case, you always have to consider the possibilities of that person having some sort of STD (specifically AIDS) which could be transmitted through a bite if it, once again, punctures your skin enough to case major bleeding.

kind
IN MODERN DAYS
BEWARE OF A BITE FROM AN AIDS PATIENT...

more dangerous than a venom

s l
Rating
yes if the skin is broken that's bad. first shoot the other person then wash the wound and cover it . i would see a doctor about this as the mouth is not a clean place really and its a long shot but you could get some awful illness and die. but you sure can get infected we are terrible creatures when it comes to spreading illness .

Guitarist
Rating
It has been documented that a bite from a human has more of a chance to be infectious and dangerous than a bite from a dog.

1st Responder FF/EMT
Rating
From a medical perspective,the human mouth is one of the filthiest,most bacteria ridden mouths on the planet.Human bites have been known to cause high infection if not treated immediately.I have seen cases where a bite,left untreated,caused severe infection,1 requiring hospitalization.

Barbra
If it broke the skin and you think it needs attention. Call your doctor. They may tell you something over the phone if they know you. Or you may have to go in. Depends on how bad it is.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, September 20, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy