Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

What are you thinking about?

Can anybody tell me what's wrong with me?
I've been feeling like I'm about to throw up for about a week now, just a feeling in my throat. I haven't yet, but I'm just wondering if it's something that will pass or ...

Where does blood take oxygen and nutrients?

Why did I have such a disgusting dream?

Tick bite?
I know I can google this, but I'm too afraid. Has anyone have it? and what happen? how did you take care of it? and what was your condition?...

What are some natural or cheap remedies for a sore throat?
Sore throat and can hardly talk. I've tried the gargling of salt water, and it just ends up being nasty. (And I love salt so much too!)

Any good reccomendations?...

Do you feel the drug companies use us as paying guinea pigs?
Had heart attack and take Lipitor, now I find out it causes heart disease. I'm just thrilled at the news....

Is it true that swallowing gum harms your stomach?

Does smoking weed with tinfoil give you cancer?
If Im smoking weed and use tinfoil for my bowl does it put me at a higher risk of getting cancer or something else?...

What can second hand breathing smoke do to you?

I have severe sore throat. I hardly speak and hard to breath. what will I do?
3 days ago i got sick of high fever, cold and cough. after that i noticed that my throat or neck was aching, especially when i swallow foods or any liquids....

What's the best remedy for dry cough?

Just got hit on face, three punchs.Two swelling between ear and eyes and one on jaw.How to get rid of swelling
The swelling is getting huge near the eyes....

What's the best stress relief for you?
I am deployed in Iraq right now and have never been so stressed out in my life. I need a quick fix that is realistic to my situation. I have almost no resources. Help?...

Why am i so tired - all the time?
Im always so tired during the day. and at night. at night ill feel so tired and wont go to sleep till 2/3am. my grades are slipping and i fell so iritable during the day. i dont know it this is from ...

Why is it bad to have a negative outlook on life?

Is there any food that needs to be avoided by a person suffering from blood pressure?

Which is better for you beer or soda?

Help me please?
i have an itch and i cant itch it and its driving me nuts, how do ignore it??...

I sprained my knee last week. The muscles above and below are very sore. what can I do to alleviate this?

the ana machine
What do you do when you slam your finger in a car door?
My friend slammed my finger in the car door and I put ice on it took it out, ran it under cold water, the works. It still hurts today, it's swollen, and it just tingles. What should I do now?

joloaz213
I would take your friend to an urgent care if is still swollen, it could be broken.

myaspan
If it looks serious, go to a doctor. If not, shake it off.

duke_abbaddon
if the finger nail is black paint it !

lazyboy972
Rating
if u can move it put ice on it if u cant go to doc

flubbermud
go to doctor

soggyfrenchfrey
Rating
go to the doctor!

nmtabtby
Rating
SCREAM!

Emily
Rating
go to the doctor its a possible fracture or break i would of screamed

photofemale810
its possible that it is fracture or broken, its not hard to do that to a finger, go to the hospital..they'll need to splint it, and your friend can get some pain medicine.

vingers
Rating
if it's still swollen u might have a fracture and an x-ray will confirm that. go to accident & emergency.

crossstitchkelly
Rating
Open the car door and pull out my finger.

merlin_steele
Rating
I curse a lot and jump around holding my finger. I like your ideas better, though. lol

OhIdonno
Do not...I repeat, "DO NOT, think you are a doctor." Please list the qualifications you have for thinking you can just put ice on a injury and go to bed. omg! That's your finger. Go get it checked out. Today. Now. Run.

Then again, if you don't like your finger, who will. I don't need to list the things that could happen. Or, nothing could happen. You could be perfectly fine.

You pick.

(omg! how can you type? lol)

Either way, it's your finger. Have a good time w/all the attention. Take care.

keanweaner
Rating
when i slammed my finger in the car door, i just stood there, called my friend's name and pointed at it. my friend had to get the door open for me. i had cut it real bad. we went shopping with a paper towel wrapped around it. (nothing stopped me from my time with my friend). anyway, everybody told me to get stitches and go to the doctor, but i didn't feel it was necessary. a bandaid and some asprin did the trick.

you didn't mention how long ago it was that this happened. so my advice is this: keep the ice on it, and take some tylenol, or advil.

if it has been more than a few days i would call the er doc and see if there is something else they would recommend. your family doc will just say you have to be seen, but an er doc/nurse may be able to offer advice w/o a visit.

good luck.

guruMama
If you have lost feeling in it or you can't move it then you need to go to the doctor and make sure you don't have nerve damage or broken bones. Other than that so long as it is swollen keep the ice on it till it goes down. Be sure to give it a break from the ice every once in a while and flex it bit. Once the swelling is down, if it still hurts put it in a finger splint which you can get at the pharmacy. It's going to take a while to heal so your just going to have to stop using it for a while.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy