Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

I cant sleep?
I havent slept good in over a week i stay up late cuz i cant sleep and i wake up all through the night, i woke up like six times last night! HELP!!! I'm SO tired....

My ex-boyfriend committed suicide a year ago, atleast but I still think about him...?
I dated someone who was a drug dealer, and he got caught and committed suicide a long time ago. However, I still talk about him and have dreams that he is stil alive.. what is wrong with me? why can&#...

Does smoking pot ruin your memory and make you stupid, really?
medical professionals ...

I got stung by a bee, what should i do?
i was on top of my house when a bee stung me it looked like a regular one and stung my left hand close to the wrist, what should i ...

How do u soothe a burn?
i spilled a little boiled water on my fingers and it burns and doesn't seem to stop burning, is there something i can put on it to soothe the burn and make it feel ...

What does HIV stand for?

How long are tetenus shots good for?
I had an inch long peice of wire pulled out of my knee and want to know if i need a tetnus shot....

Whats the best thing to do for mosquito bites so they don't get infected?

If you get stung by a bee...?
and you're allergic and your tongue is swelling/ you're feeling dizzy, but you get to the hospital right away, you'll definitely be ok, right?...

My two year old son was stung by a wasp..what should I do?
Just a few minutes ago my son was stung by a wasp. It was rather big in size and I killed it and saved it just in case I have to take him to the hospital or the dr. He seems to be doing fine and only ...

Umm i smoke?
im 14 nd in da 8th grade ive been smoking on and off for about 6 months now im beginning to thinkim addicted so 1st wat do i do nd second can smoking make u gain weight or like make u hungry or ...

I'm feeling a bit dizzy, can anyone help?

Anyone ever hear the sound of a TV on or radio when it is off?
This happens to me sometimes. also happened to my husband and then my dad told me about it happening to him! anyone know what this is?...

How often do you..?
take a shower........ my friend is in 8th grade and says she takes one about every othere day is that good?...

I have a big bruise, help me, please?
my sister's bruise is the size of a bowling pin. how do you heal a bruise that big asap?...

Do u smoke? why aren't u dead yet?

Additional Details

Am i weird because i choose to be depressed?
like i may have some happy days here and there, but in general i tell people i will always be depressed. it kinda of keeps me grounded and in my place. is that good? does anybody else here choose to ...

My dad got stung by 2 bees??? Help!!!!!!?
My dad got stung by abee and we don't know what kind it is. We have tried everything. This happened like 4 hours ago and it still stings. Help!! He is not allergic.

~Sarah~...

What does the cigarette do to our lives?

How do my cat and allergic boyfriend coexist?

madrones
What do you do for a wasp bite?
I got stung by a wasp on the back of my hand. It's swelling up. What is a good remedy for reducing the pain/swelling or getting the venom out?

jenny_agnes_05
actually its easy!! put some vinegar on it and leave it for a while!! it might give you a bit of a sting while applying but it means that it would work!! ITs acid destroys the poison thats injected!!
my brother had about three bites but the swelling swiftly went away when we put vinegar on it!!!

pawsykitten
Rating
moist tobacco n benadryl

=_="
Rating
OMG that guy said bleach? wtfff????

umm ice pak is probably the most effective remedy, after that, consult a doctor. but wasp can sting multiple times so the needle won't be in ur skin, also i don't think a regular common wasp has venom...best ask a doctor before anythign DO happens

ahemm... what do u do for wasp bite? bite back xD
lol joking

Janette
Rating
Tobacco from a ciggarette or Bleach

keni
Rating
VINEGAR yes, I agree with Jenny Agnes

not baking soda, as Cabana says, that will make it worse! - Bicarbonate of Soda is for bee stings not wasps.

Cabana C
Rating
mix baking soda and water paste and place on it.
IT will draw the venomn.

msjudy58
Meat Tenderizers

Bear Naked
The sting of a wasp or hornet is considered venomous. Quick removal of the stinger and proper follow-up care will help reduce pain and minimize swelling of the site.

Steps:
1. Remove the stinger. Scrape a dull butter knife against your skin in the opposite direction of the stinger entry. It should pop out. Some sources recommend removing a stinger with tweezers. However, this method can potentially inject more venom into your skin as you attempt to pry and prod out the stinger.

2. Reduce pain and swelling with ice. Try to avoid putting ice directly on skin, because it can cause a flesh burn. Instead, use an ice pack or wrap a washcloth around the ice. Remove it after 10 to 15 minutes and dry the site thoroughly.

3. Use a topical antihistamine, such as diphenhydramine hydrochloride, available in cream, stick or gel.

4. Opt for a topical anesthetic for pain not relieved by antihistamine. Consider topical lidocaine or benzocaine.

5. Apply a topical hydrocortisone cream to reduce allergic reaction around site.

6. Take an oral analgesic, like ibuprofen, for general pain that may result from venom circulating throughout your bloodstream.

7. Consider applying moist baking soda or mud to the sting site. Although there is no scientific evidence that these remedies work, some people find that they provide relief.

Tips:
If you have experienced a severe reaction to any type of sting or bite in the past, you may be allergic to stings and bites. If you are, your doctor will provide you with a hypodermic syringe filled with epinephrine. Carry this syringe with you whenever you go outside.

If you notice pus or severe redness/swelling 24 hours after being stung, you may have an infection. See a doctor.

janeroth7
Tree tree oil is best. I am a health nut..you can use google to make sure...type in wasp bit household help

wolvestears
This may sound very stupid but believe me it really works UNLESS your allergic to stings. It is mudd it also helps draw the stinger out if it was left behind.Hope it works well for you.

girlygirlcandy
If u can get to whole foods, there is a homeopathic remedy called Apis, works REALLY well.

Lil Red
When we were young and we got a stung, we always had someone that was chewing tobacco , spit the tobacco juice on the sting, and it always worked, Good Luck

chillyndrina
Rating
An old wives tail is to put a clove of garlic on the stin, the swelling will go down with benadryl and the pain with something like motrin or Advil since ibprophen helps reduce swelling (inflammation) and pain

Michele R
Ice and benadryl spray. Ice will cut down on swelling and benadryl will help with itch and pain.

fqkf90
Scrape the stinger out with a credit card. DO NOT PULL IT OUT. Part of the stinger may become lodged under the skin if you pull it.

Next, take meat tenderizer and put in small dish. Add a drop of water to make it into a paste. Rub the paste over the area. You will see immediate relief from the sting.

While keeping the paste on, take a Benadryl to reduce swelling. You can also apply ice to the area. Keep the meat tenderizer paste on as long as possible.

whirledpeas4ever
Rating
Another old wives' tale remedy is ammonia -- the household cleanser kind. Well, I guess it's not just an old wives' tale, because it's also the active ingredient in those "After Bite" sticks you can get in stores near the first aid or the camping gear. But it works -- with straight ammonia, just put a little on a cotton ball & press it gently to the sting & it takes the stinging sensation right away.

If it's swelling, you should also take an antihistamine such as Benadryl, or at the very least, put some Benadryl cream on it. Ice will help it feel better -- but as another poster said, putting it right on the skin can cause frostbite, so either wrap it in a towel, or put it in a plastic bag and then wrap that in a towel or paper towel to keep it from getting too cold on the skin.

Any time you get a sting, if at all possible, you should save the insect (I know, gross) in case you have to show it to a doctor. If the swelling gets crazy, or if you get hives, or if you have any tightness in your throat/chest or other trouble breating, take the insect with you and go to the nearest emergency room. It can make it easier for the doctor to give you the best treatment if they know exactly what bit/stung you.

sandra s
you can use melaleuca oil or aloe vera

mom of girls
baking soda - works great (my father used to harvest honey from bee hives so we used to get stunk a lot) Also take a straight edge (like on a credit card) and run it across the sting area to remove the bees stinger (it could still be in your hand). Also, if it is swelling very bad - you could be allergic to bee stings. Call the doctor right away and see what they recommend - they might suggest some type of antihistamine (benedryl, etc) to help reduce the reaction and you want to be very careful in the future about being stung.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, October 25, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy