Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

How do you tape a pulled muscle in the ribs?
I was kayaking at lake tahoe and we tipped over and i pulled a muscle located in my ribcage. it hurts everytime i breathe in, cough, sneeze or anything that inflates my lungs. i have a soccer ...

I have a second degree burn. Will it scar me?

Dreaming while falling asleep?
Do you ever have extremely vivid dreams/visions while on the cusp of falling asleep, but are not quite asleep (like you know you're not asleep)? I have this often and I wish I could harness it ...

I Have A Weird Blister Thing On My Finger?
I get these weird blister things on my fingers every year. I haven't hurt myself. It's really weird because it's only on my left hand, and all my fingers get it. After a while, they go ...

What causes that pain you get in your right side after you run for awhile--then it goes away?
I think my mother used to say it was a 'stitch in your side?'...

Boil treatment?
I got an ingrown hair on in the inside of my calf that is drastically changing into a huge boil. Any home treatments I can do over the weekened before I go to the doctors on Monday? I've had ...

Can babies get breast cancer?

How to stop hand sweating?
how to stop hand sweating?
Additional Details
with out ...

Can an infant contract HIV/AIDS from breast feeding?
Saw a TV show where the child was being taken away from his mother, because she wouldn't quit breast feeding him. I believe it would be like kissing. Not being able to contract HIV or AIDS ...

What is a good (non narcotic/perscription) way to help fall asleep faster and stay asleep?
FOr some reason i have great difficulty falling alseep quickly... like my mind won;t shut down at it takes me 30-45 minutes, sometimes anhour to fall asleep. I also wake up often during the night....

Should i answer the door when im home all alone?
im 13 ..and some dude ...about 18-24 idk stoped and i have no idea who it was! i got his plates and i did not answer the door. he looked like a nice person (but you can never tell) i think he was ...

When was the last time you made a funny face in the mirror?

How can i get rid of hickups?

Which way is the best way to quit smoking Marijuana without rehab?
I desperately need help. I dont want to do it no more, and I cant seem to stop this stuff.. Im asking this because I dont want to move onto another drug....

How to make a finger skin heal faster?
It's my index finger. I want it to heal in a week by next friday how can I make it heal faster. Thanks. Its the back part the part u use to type with....

What do you do to a stiff neck?

What is vertigo?

Old people?
can't they just die. they're hogging everything from us gen-xers. the world would be a better place if nobody lived past 50....

My 15 year old nephew has an eye stye, what can we do to treat it?

Additional Details
How long does it take to go away?...

Tell me something about HIPAA?

manmanMAN!!
What's the best, fastest way to get rid of poison ivy?
I got my first poison of the summer..

T and S
Rating
Had poison Ivy for about a week no it is gone!

My husband mother brother and sister in law all had it also

No joking do this
Rub with rubbing alcohol then take table salt and rub it on the poison Ivy blisters and other spot that may itch. let it sit for about 3 min. then rinse with soap and water. It blisters are still oozing then be sure to to blot with rubbing alcohol

If you itch the salt rub it very relieving!!
but be sure not to let the blister ooz and blot with rubbing alcohol
THIS WILL STOP THE ITCHING FOR MOST OF THE DAY

joe cool
another grandma remedy is put oatmeal on it! cook it ...let it cool and then put on the area...it draws out the ooze and soaks it up! benedryl and patience...

Paramedic Chance Jackson
Rating
The best approach to poison ivy dermatitis is prevention. Once it begins, the rash will usually clear on its own by 14-21 days. Treatment is directed at controlling the itching. Oral antihistamines (like Benadryl) may help the itch somewhat, but often do no more than make people drowsy. Cortisone creams, whether over-the-counter or by prescription, are only helpful if applied right away, before blisters appear, or much later, when the blisters have dried up. Compresses with cool water or Burow's solution (available without prescription) can help dry ooze faster.

When the rash is severe, such as when it affects the face or causes extensive blistering, oral steroids (for example, prednisone) help produce rapid improvement. This course of therapy should be maintained, often in decreasing doses, for 10-14 days or even longer in some cases, to prevent having the rash rebound and become severe again. Patients who are given a six-day pack of cortisone pills often get worse again when they complete it, because the dose was too low and kept up for too short a time.

Folklore, medical and otherwise, endorses many other agents, from aloe leaves to tea bags to meat tenderizer. These remedies are generally harmless, but are of questionable value.

disturbed
Rating
take a shower use lots of soap.

Lynxys
I used to get that stuff all the time when i was younger. Just remember that the way that it spreads is the liquid puss stuff that is transmitted by spreading the liquid. It is an oily substance that is excreted, so it is very contageous. Keep cool and clean. Definitely the least time with clothing rubbing against it. DO NOT TOUCH OR SCRATCH IT. i used the pink calamyne lotion, and that worked better than anything else. Also when you are drying something contagious, don't use your towel as it will spread. Either air-dry that whole area or pat it very softly with paper towels and throw away the towels. I would not touch it with anything as it will itch like no other. Hope that was helpful!

Dr. Patrick V. Suglia
Go to a drug store and get some calamine lotion. That usually does the trick.

vickie n
If you go to the doctor if severe enough they will give you a Medrol Dose Pack which gets rid of it pretty quickly.

Scott T
Rating
Agree with the shower and lots of soap. Also use calamine lotion. If you're extremely itchy, take a Benadryl but don't mix it with alcohol or other medications.

BrownEyes1
Wash the area with a gentle soap and plenty of water,

Put caladryl on it, and pop a couple benedryls.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 1, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy