Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

My 3 year old woke up sceaming telling me something is in her eye???
Ive used a wet wash cloth i dont see anything there. ive run water on it, any suggestions???
Additional Details
count i diddnt mean to give you a thumbs down, thank you everyone. she ...

Nose bleeds, mine get really bad. Why?
Today i got this really bad nose bleed, I had to lean over the toilet and let it all drip out. this lasted about 10 or 15 minutes and the same thing happend yesterday. It has also happend a couple ...

Nose bleed?
my friend has only had one nose bleed in her life, and it was just because of winter. but this morning she started to bleed and she filled up a whole towel like the size of one youd use after a ...

How long does it take to get blood drawn from the point the needle is first inserted until it's pulled out?
How long does it take to get blood drawn from the point the needle is first inserted until it's pulled out?...

I'm scheduled for total hip replacement surgery, any advice?
Because I don't have the best insurance the doc says he's going to use a strong plastic instead of metal in my hip. I'm scared to death. I know I don't want to have my current ...

I want to start starving myself. I am skinny but very concerned about my body figure.?
I know it is not good for your health but I tried excercising and working out but I just can't do it.
What should I do?
Additional Details
If I want a nice body figure why the ...

What would be a nice gift to get my dad.I just found out he has prostate cancer.He is 65.{a get well type}?

What happens when u don't go to the bathroom when u really want to??
what's the worst that could happen...and what damages r caused coz of this??...

How important is sleep to your life? On average how much sleep do you get per night?

Additional Details
Between work and school, I average about 5 hours....

Stung by a bee?
if someone gets hurt inside my store by getting stung by a bee, is it my fault?...

What can be the cause of a non-alcohol induced blackout?
my boyfirend is suffering from non-alcohol induced blackouts we are not sure what is causing them but they are just like one that is alcohol induced in respect to loss of time but somehow manageing ...

I stopped drinking wine in the evenings 1 month ago and i feel awfull..i'm scattered and can't concentrate...
i'm slow at everything i do..no ambition and no energy..tired most of the time..want to sleep all the time..i'm on a VERY health eating plan..very short attention span..what's going on ...

Which of the following is not a type of open wound?
A. Abrasion
B. Avulsion
C. Puncture
D. B...

Help! How do I ge this water out of my ear?
Every time I go swim in the ocean, a little water gets stuck in my right ear. Usually it drains by the morning. I went for a swim about an hour ago and my right ear hurts and feels like there is ...

What can i do so the STYE in my eye can go away?

If you get in a car wreck in your sleep, is it possible to wake up soar and chest hurting? I did but why?

My daughter has some foam type thing in her nose. I need to know how to get it out without doing damage?
She is 4 yrs old. I had her blow her nose but that didn't work. I tried to use a twezzler to get it out but she says it hurt....

Is Vaseline bad for lips?
I've heard that it doesn't allow them to "breathe"...

When starting a ET tube on a patient, which laryngoscopic blade is better; Miller or MacIntosh?
Paramedics only please....

What is a quick fix for sunburn?

divagirl2214
Should I use a wrist brace?
I am 14 years old and I sprained my wrist and I am currently using an ace bandage. It provides ligth support but It isn't really helping with the pain, because whenever I turn it,move it or even rub my hand over it it hurts. I want to buy a wrist brace but would it help my wrist not to hurt when I move it. The wrist is still tender and swollen but it may help with that too. I sprained it by jumping on the couch and landing on my hands and my right wrist bent too far back.

Nick W
somewhat, take some top care pain relief pills and buy a wrist brace, and stop moving your wrist as hard as it is

gfrog82
Rating
wear the wrist brace it will help restrict movement so it can heal.

zablackw
Well, it will give you a more strong and steady support. But I think the wrist brace is fine. It won't do anything to make the healing process heal wrong. Alot of times they use those wrist braces for people that have fractured (Not a full brake) in the wrist. But a sprained wrist in one of those would protect it better of course. Its harder around it and soft in the inside. So it probably would help. But what you can do is just put ice on it and take Ibeophen to help with the swelling and the pain.

Sir Cairo
Rating
Ask your parents. If not, ask your school clinic doctor. If not, ask your doctor.

icesk8er
Usually an ace bandage provides enough support for a sprain to help with the pain. I would suggest getting it looked at because it sounds like it needs to be x-rayed and a doctor can suggest what is the best treatment for your wrist. Usually a sprain is not aggravated by just rubbing your hand over it. I do not know that a wrist brace would make it much better if the ace bandage isn't helping much. Good luck!

Havas nana
Rating
did you get it xrayed. sound like you could have a hairline fracture and that will hurt for some time.

Shar
You should have it xrayed because a small fracture (also known as a break) can be present and will only show up on an xray.
You shouldn't use a brace without a physician giving you the correct type for your injury. If you use any old type you can find, it can cause more damage than do good.
Also, there are several bones in the wrist and upper hand that have a low blood supply and can take several months to heal. Sometimes they even require surgery. The only way you can find out what exactly is affected is to have it checked by a physician.

Until then, you can use ice packs but don't apply directly to the skin. Put a towel in between your skin and the ice pack. You can take Ibuprofen for the swelling and pain. But definitely have it checked out.

A K
Get your parents to take you to the doctor and have it x-rayed.
When I was 22 yrs old I was playing softball and slid into home-plate. I bent my hand backwards as you described. I went to the hospital and they said I didn't break it but I tore up
the ligaments...had to wear a half-cast for 6 weeks. Always
be cautious with an injury.

Toni
Rating
These people below have good things to say..it could be a hairline fracture..you don't have a clue. Quit trying to play doctor and let someone look at it. Immobilization of any injury is step number #1, but it's not to be done instead of going to the doctor. It's to prevent any further injury until you get to one, and you should have gone several days ago when the injury occured. You always come here and want answers from complete strangers and that is kind of fun to do, I realize that. But do not use these boards instead of a professional. Even a medical professional could not diagnose you "over the phone" so to speak. You have to go there, be examined, get an x-ray, whatever. But I would insist on a sports medicine orthopod to look at it. They are the most qualified, and you will not grow a new wrist, hand, whatever. I don't know why you keep coming here first, when you should be at the doctor's office as soon as possible following an injury. I realize you didn't know in this case, but if it is still painful 48 hours later, that is a sign of some kind of injury.

kit walker
Get an X-Ray..Could be a slight 'scarphoid' wrist break..I did this 3 three times without realising..X-Ray first,then "tiger balm" applied with a bandage...then a wrist brace..sounds like a slight crack in your wrist..Rest it..See your Doctor you can trust and slowly ....get back into the game..DO NOT walk before you can run..From Experience..Sadly. Good Luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy