Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

Could anyone give me sites where i can learn all types of first-aid?
Im about to start a family now.. but, before that i just want to be prepared for it's risks since our country is in the middle of disasters.. until now. So please.. help......

I was bit by a mosquito 6 weeks ago and a knot is left on my arm from the bite. Is this normal?
I did see the mosquito. The bite itched for a while, but I did not scratch it. Now there is a raised knot left there. It looks like a small bite. Not red, but dark. Should I worry? Is this ...

How do i get rid of ingrown toenails?

Can you use accupuncture to help you quit smoking?
if so, can anyone recommend a good accupuncturist in san francisco bay area?...

What's the difference between osteoarthritis & rheumatoid arthritis?

If u have high blood pressure, and the doc tells u to avoid butter, how do u butter the pan to make pancakes?
wat r some other things u should avoid?...

Why are yawns contiguous?

Can i get my navel pierced a fourth time?

I stuck my nose into a flower and a bee stung it and now i look like Rudolph. What should i do?

I have a bunch of mosquito bites and I bite my nails. Is there anything else I can use to scratch them?

What if I can't find a needle to pop my blister?
What else can I pop it with?...

I toook an ibrofen 400 and it gots stuck to my troat!! will it dissolve?
I dont no i tried drinking water at first it made me want to trow up, then it got away and after i tried chewing bread!!! i dont no if im just being paranoid or it sill there!...

Heal a cut?
I got a cut on my upper wrist(im not emo) and i need it healed ASAP!!!!! But i cant find any neosporin? Help!!

Cut:Is kinda deep had it for about 6 or 7 hours......

Is there anyway you can get hiki's off your neck?
I need to get it off because i dont want certain people to see ...

Ahhh what is this!!? Please help ASAP?
Ok i was just playing my game when my ear suddenly started to itch (on the inside) so i grabbed a q- tip and used it, and it still iteched. I used two more. It STILL itched. It feals like my ear is ...

OH GOD WAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN?
I JUST ACCIDENTALLY A WHOLE COCA-COLA BOTTLE. IS THIS BAD?????...

What do you do when you wake up and your body was somewhat covered in blood?!?
i woke up yesterday and i was covered in blood. sometime in the middle of the night my step father cut his arm really bad by accident and he tried to wake me up, but my mother found him. they didn&#...

Is Immunization beneficial or harmful?

I have a feeling I've got mild sunstroke and definitely sunburned through my hair yesterday. Any advice?
I'm after a (preferably natural) remedy for a sore noddle, inside and out, and the random wooziness.

(And yes, I know it was silly to get burnt and hot but I was even wearing a hat, ...

Water in Ear! Help!?
Went swimming last night, and now it feels like I still have water in my left ear... How do you get the water out? It is drivin me nutz. I can't hear very well out of it as well! Anyone have any ...

christine
Please help me....My son was bit by mosquitoes last night and now woke up with rashes and a severe swelling!?
Someone please help me? Yesterday evening when playing outside my 3 year old son got bit by mosquitos a few times on the back of his neck, the side of his neck, and one above his eyebrow. Now when he woke up this morning, the bite on the side of his neck swelled up the size of a large grape, and he has huge red blotchy looking patches of rash on his cheeks, and one side stems all the way from his ear & under ear, and also on forehead and neck. They are also hot to the touch. Can somebody with good medical knowledge please help me, I live a ways from the E.R., my husband has the car, and I'm extremely worried :(

Courtney L
Rating
I dont kno but get him to the doctor veryyyy fast. You should have friends or family that wouldnt mind taking u. He is probably allergic to them. All i can say is rub alcohol all over him to heal it a bit, but get to the doctor FAST!

havanna j
Bendryl. I have a mesquito problem too. I went out once and my leg was covered in dozens of mesquito bites. I just took a benedryl. Give him a bendryl. Also put calamine lotion on the bites to soothe the itching and dry up the bites.

A W
Rating
He is having an allergic reaction. Give him some Benadryl ASAP. Get him to the ER as soon as you can as well. If at any times, he has trouble breathing, you need to call 911 and get an ambulance to take him. But again, get him to ER as soon as possible. I am sure your husband will bring the car home knowing his son needs to get to ER. If not, then call 911 immediately.

VampireRocker
Rating
gave him Benadryl three times daily , apply Benadryl cream . It's most likly due to allergic reaction but if redness is increasing may need Antibiotic. You need to watch for respiratory difficulty due to allergic reaction. in that case need call 911.

littledevilinyourcup
First thing is for you to calm down. I know that is hard when you are scared and worried. If it was a life threatening allergic reaction it would have happened last night after the initial bite. wash all the bites with soap and water. Apply an anti itch cream like benadryl or calamine lotion. Give your son the appropriate dosage for his age and weight of benadryl. and tylanol if he is in pain or feverish. Call his doctor for an appointment if the swelling does not start going away or gets worse. If your son starts having trouble breathing or having asthma like symptoms or running a high fever call 911 or go to the ER

pellicidos
Probably your son is hyper-sensitive to mosquitoe bites.
Just do First-aide...apply ice-packs and stay away from mosquitos.
call 911 for more advice

Matthew M
Is he having problems breathing? Is his pulse really really rapid? Put some Benadryl cream on the bites, if you have any, or some Caladryl. Then, give him some Benadryl by mouth. If he continues to itch, you can run a COOL not COLD bath and put some oatmeal in it if you have any oatmeal. Stay with him with he bathes and keep the water on him. After about fifteen minutes of this, take him out of the tub. If he doesn't get any better, or he begins to have trouble breathing, get him to the ER.

blaze23
Rating
do you have children's benadryl? If so give him some. If not and you have neighbors with kids, ask if they do. Otherwise keep him comfortable with ice packs, tylenol or motrin for pain /discomfort and keep an eye on him for shortness of breath.

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/hives/a/0407_hives.htm

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, August 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy