Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    First Aid
Health Discussion Forum

It it true that yellow urine means you're dehydrated and clear urine means you're drinking enough water

My daughter has an ear infection. what can i do to cure them?

What's the best way to drop cholesterol?

What can we do if food is stuck in your windpipe and cannot come out.?

A nieghbours child has just fallen over and split his forehead open. What should we do?
We have phoned an ambulance and covered his head with a towel. What else can we do?

Thanks in advance.
Additional Details
The child has now been picked up by the ambulance ...

What type of benadryl for itching?

How long is this going to last?
Last Saturday in my sword class I got hit in the funny bone of my right elbow. Since then, the pinky on my right hand has been numb (probably due to swelling in the elbow). I've iced it a few ...

I cut my tongue open on a piece of candy and it's bleeding pretty badly and won't stop. What do I do?

What are some effective ways to cure heartburn?

My boyfriend got his tonsils out yesterday - what to bring him?
My boyfriend got his tonsils out yesterday, and I'm going over to visit him tomorrow. What should I take him to eat? I know when I got mine out 3 years ago all I wanted was snow cones! U...

What is the best way to get rid of a cold?
I have a runny nose and a soar throat. Please give me something other than a lame doctor saying sleep a lot and drink lots a fluids....

What does your finger tips going numb mean?
my pointer finger and my thumb tips are numb...like they're "asleep" but it's a lot of pressure!...

How does stress contribute to weight gain?

Which food i can give a month child?
so that he/she can grow very strong and ...

How high of a fever in a 6 week old infant should trigger a trip to the doctor?

How do you get superglue off of your hands?

Does anyone know any ways to get rid of a persistent infection?
I apparently have an infection on the ring finger of my left hand, in a cut almost an inch long which I got from a nail. I have had it for about half a week. Despite dowsing it in peroxide and ...

Well most blondes are dumb look at jessica simpson! brunettes rule cause we are the best so there?

Does anyone else have trouble sleeping? If so what do you do about it?
What are some of the solutions that have worked for you?
In these solutions did you have to cut back on certain things? If so What?...

What happens if you don't remove a splinter?
I have something similar to a splinter in my finger except I don't think it's wood. I was unable to remove it and it is beneath the surface of my finger. If I leave it in, will my finger ...

BrianL
Is it true that you can not eat a green potato? Would it really make you sick?

prudie_mcprude
I think it is false. Eating vegetables or fruits before they 'ripen' is not unsafe, just probably not as palatable.

E.g.s of fruits eaten before ripening:
- green mangoes (in thai/vietnamese salads)
- green papayas (same)

treknext
It is not true that you cannot eat a green potato

Potatoes are harvested just prior to ripening and are stored in this green state until they are ready for market

A green russet potato might not be as fluffy as one the ones that look more appetizing

But many vegetables are picked when not done with the ripening process and are marketed when they "look" mature

You likely know the difference between freshly-picked produce and that which is picked in advance of having ripened naturally

atindiaat
Rating
if u have guts u can

DefenceDespereaux
Rating
Well...it wouldn't be too appealing to eat a green potato.

Gypsy
Rating
Green potatoes should not be eaten. The green color is a sign that the potatoes contain a toxic alkaloid called solanine. This substance is also found in the sprouts and vine and in spoiled potatoes. Discard green potatoes and remove sprouts from potatoes before consuming

Barbara Willenberg, Nutritional Sciences, University of Missouri-Columbia.

ruthiecrue2
Rating
I've eaten green potato chips and I'm still alive and i never got sick from it. i think that is just a myth.

jo
Rating
ther is a chemical in it that affects the oxygen use in your body (i think) its ok to eat a small amount but if your eating a lot you could in effect drown in air.

buckwheat
you spudhead

katerina c
Rating
Yes, it's true. The chemical that the 3rd answerer refers to is called solanine and it is the result of the exposure of potatoes to the light and sun.
For more information, check out this link
http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Potato_-_Toxic_compounds_in_potatoes/id/597867

*EDIT*

Without any intention for cheating, I would like to answer to treknext, that the green colour does not show in our case a not mature potatoe. The green colour is the result of the formation of this alkaloid that we have mentioned; the effect of the ingestion of this alkaloid in our body, depends on the quantity that is ingested. If we are talking about 1 or 2 potatoes, it is obviously limited.

Katerina

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy